It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

USA Caught Commiting War Crimes (Yet Again)

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 12:39 AM
link   
We grew up thinking war is bullets, blood, and mayhem... guns, guts, and lunatics....

Well it's not. There's also a war going on right here... right now... on every media outlet you can possibly click on. Every click is a potential lethal wound. The head shots are articles you have emotion attached to. And today there's a lot of emotion with what's going on with America and the middle east.

This thread right here... is battlegrounds... the soldiers are anything with a brain and the power to react.

Your typing is the weapon. Much more powerful then some .50 cal out in Mogadishu.... because it plants seeds and those trees that grow can also plant seeds... before you know it you have a whole army of people believing something that is entirely false... but what was true or false was never the issue to begin with. It was the means behind each and every article fed to the masses.

Let's get down to basics.... me and you right now... we're wearing labels... believe it or not we are walking billboards ... we stand for something whether you believe it or not.... the fact that we don't initially recognize it is how tptb keep their identity, safety, and control. Now this is how all media outlets work as well.... you HAVE to cite your sources... right? You MUST connect yourself with some yahoo source funded by god knows who... correct? Now apply that to every.... effing... thing you do in your entire life... because it's true... that's how the money stays in circulation.

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 01:04 AM
link   
Killing and death is an unfortunate part of war/acts of agression. If the military is actively and ON PURPOSE killing civilians, then you are damn right they deserve to be punished to the fullest extent. But let's say a patrol comes under fire, and they shoot the terrorist. And then a few moments later, some people come to grab the fallen body. You are telling me that it is perfectly okay to let them drag away the body so that they can live to fight again, and harm more people?

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 01:18 AM
link   
Remember, the "war on terror" knows no bounds. There are no front lines. Isn't that convenient? Setting up a second strike just kills more of the "enemy". There are old people (former terrorists), children (future terrorists), wives (they make more baby terrorists), neighbors (friends of terrorists) and authorities like police and paramedics (collaborators).

In WWII red crosses were painted on vehicles and rooftops (its how my mom survived the war) to keep collateral damage down. It didn't always work but at least there was some agreed upon notion of combatant verses bystander. Who wouldn't rush to help people injured in an explosion? Who would be so low down and skullduggered to wait and then murder them too?

From the comments section in the OP's link...

You think, at first, that this can't possibly be happening. Surely, there is someone to stop it! Surely, there is someone with principles, someone with humanity, someone with decency.

No. There is no one. Our rulers are perfect Machiavellians. They will do absolutely ANYTHING to increase their power and their stranglehold on the world, anything they can get away with. They are, in essence, a killing MACHINE.

They have been supporting terrorists for decades -- the Mujahedin in Afghanistan, the contras in Nicaragua, UNITA in Angola, RENAMO in Mozambique, fascists throughout Latin America, Zionists in Israel. Today they support Al Qaeda -- while making a big show of attacking it.

This is what happens when religion is rendered powerless: The STATE turns itself into a god, and there are then no restraints upon its behavior, no moral inhibitions, no human concerns.

At first, we are paralyzed by the intensity of the evil. Later, we learn that evil can indirectly lead to good. It can goad us out of our complacency, it can awaken us, it can bring us together, it can force us to abandon our artificial divisions, it can help us to find our spiritual strengths and understand our history. I don't know whether humanity can win this battle against the Empire, but we human beings will at least be forced to try, in every possible way, to resist. We will learn, we will become larger and deeper, alliances will be forged, friends will be made. In struggle, we will find our humanity. In struggle, we will feel connected with the whole of humanity, across space and time. We will stand together and we will stand alone, and we will know joy, as we find our strength.

Even if they drop a nuclear bomb on my head, it will not change my mind. It will not stop me from loving life. In that sense, I am stronger than the Empire and its war-machine.

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 01:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheMindWar
Thought i would post this because it just shows the mentality of whats going on. Totally disgusting and abhorrent. There are no words that can describe this behaviour strong enough. So let me get this possible example right, a man is killed by a drone, his kids or wife are so upset they run to help dad. The USA then says look more terrorists and kills them also as they try to help the injured.

That sounds pretty damn acurate to me. As I said, there are no words strong enough.

Article:
The US has been carrying out follow-up attacks after its drone strikes in Pakistan, specifically targeting people coming to the aid of the wounded. The tactic has been widely condemned, including by the UN – which considers it a war crime.

A Guardian report by Glenn Greenwald shows the US government's hypocrisy regarding such tactics. While the FBI has warned that “terrorists may use secondary explosive devices to kill and injure emergency personnel responding to an initial attack,” the US regularly applies the same methods.

rt.com...

Its not a war crime...it can't be.

The USA never gets nailed for war crimes

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 01:23 AM
link   
Unless we develop mind reading powers, we will never know what truly is going on, I suppose. If it is cold blooded murder, then they will be judged and sentenced accordingly.

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 01:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by MDDoxs
A terrible practice in my opinion. However i would like to point out, which was mentioned in the article, the these terror groups utilize the same tactic of employing secondary strikes.

I know there is a difference, but would you be as inclined not to use a tactic that your enemy uses to their full advantage?

To reiterate my opinion, no it is not justified.

It is hard to determine hostile from neutral through a drone camera

I get your point and it's a pretty good one so I'm not challenging what your saying, but I would like to perhaps add a perspective on this.

If we use the same tactic of secondary blasts to zap first responders to an initial attack, how can the U.S. ever condemn it again and keep a straight face? This IS an evil, evil thing to do and it's been a source of rage for me in the cases terrorists have used the tactic to multiply the attack.

We truly ARE becoming exactly what we started out against, and I really never thought I'd come to say that in a true literal example. But God help us....this is literally what we've condemned in the past. Now..we're doing it. What happened to the US? We stood for something important, once.

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 03:29 AM
link   
Terrorists ??

If these are terrorists, then I'm proud to be a part of them.
God bless them and their loved ones.

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 03:37 AM
link   
reply to post by gravitational

The troops are following orders, they are mostly innocent, it is those who make the decisions and give the orders who are at fault.
The higher you go, the more blame can be attributed

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 03:46 AM
link   
reply to post by munkey66

No one is given an order to kill innocents.
If such an order is given, a soldier must refuse.

Very simple code of conduct and war code of ethics.

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 04:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by gravitational

Believe your president has ordered suspects to be killed, from memory a suspect is just that, innocent until proven guilty.

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 05:42 AM
link   

Then these code of ethics and code of conduct are being horribly breached. Everyday I have to cope with another story of 10 more people who have been killed for being strange foreigners who are likely threats to a country a few thousands km away.

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 07:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kastogere

kinda like black people and that word they use....its ok...cause they own it. just like America....I own it...

Really? And what word what that be?

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 07:32 AM
link   

That doesn't mean the order is not being given.
You do see that don't you?

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 07:43 AM
link   
reply to post by FoosM

WORD ...would be the word.......geez, your kinda touchy aren't you......Ya hello security.....I need some security! Cause Im kinda insecure!

What word did you think I meant?

We're doomed as a planet and your worried about racial deflection.....well someone has to do it..

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 07:59 AM
link   
reply to post by FoosM

Show me a proof they were given orders to Deliberately kill non-combatants,
Then show me proof that they complied by Deliberately killing non-combatants.

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 08:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

We truly ARE becoming exactly what we started out against

Agree with you 100%.

This will not be the first time the US has been hypocritical and wont be last i am afraid to say.

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 08:08 AM
link   
reply to post by RimDaas

“Then these code of ethics and code of conduct are being horribly breached. Everyday I have to cope with another story of 10 more people who have been killed for being strange foreigners who are likely threats to a country a few thousands km away.”

Every day ha?....fine' let's exaggerate.

Besides, what differentiate a Taliban terrorist from a local resident?
One minute he has an AK47 in his hands and the next he plays innocent and riding his donkey to the sunset.
Kind of reminds me of Hamas propaganda movies, all dressed up in uniforms bragging of their divine powers , but when the 2006 conflict began between them and Israel, they were in a hurry to put on civilian clothing and hide amongst the Gazan population.

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 08:37 AM
link   

reply to post by RimDaas

“Then these code of ethics and code of conduct are being horribly breached. Everyday I have to cope with another story of 10 more people who have been killed for being strange foreigners who are likely threats to a country a few thousands km away.”

Every day ha?....fine' let's exaggerate.

Besides, what differentiate a Taliban terrorist from a local resident?
One minute he has an AK47 in his hands and the next he plays innocent and riding his donkey to the sunset.
Kind of reminds me of Hamas propaganda movies, all dressed up in uniforms bragging of their divine powers , but when the 2006 conflict began between them and Israel, they were in a hurry to put on civilian clothing and hide amongst the Gazan population.

"We can't tell the difference between a kid holding a football and a guy holding an RPG launcher so we kill them both for fun."
Is that what your saying?
Im tired of warmongers like you chanting that pathetic little excuse over and over again.
And anyway don't soldiers change into civilian clothes too? Don't they live in cities like everyone else does? Do you really think a Taliban operative with a family or a Hamas soldier with kids hangs around at his base all day?
Maybe drone attacks don't happen everyday. But their number is certainly growing.

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 08:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by theGreatunhosed
reply to post by MDDoxs

which is why, in my opinion, the US shouldn't even be using drones in these areas. The only people who benefit from their use are their manufacturers, as killing civilians only creates more enemies, and drones have killed thousands of civilians since there introduction... Shame on every american (and Brit) who continues to support our wars.

Yes, shame on those who do support the wars although many are deceived by the media's propaganda. I moved down south (USA) a couple of years ago and I can't find many southerners who support what's going on right now. Now that says a lot. If the south isn't supportive of this so called "war on terror" I don't know who is. People just say "I want to bring our troops home". That's all they care about right now. They are tired of it all.

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 08:58 AM
link   
Do you think that when the rest of the world gets tired of America's bullsh*t they will go for the government or will they try to kill as many civilians as possible? Let's face it, the rest of the world are starting to get sick of us for the most part, we have a few friends but who's to say that when the others start a war with us that our friends won't back them or at least stay neutral because they are out numbered.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join