It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Question On COINTELPRO

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 07:32 AM
link   
So 2 Years ago, many people were convinced WIKILeaks was a CIA Counter Intel OP,

Mainly due to assange denouncing, or more correctly, dis-regarding 9/11 conspiracy theories..

2 Years down the line, In the current situation , has anyones opinion changed? Would the CIA go this far?

IMO, julian avoided 9/11, to save him self being discredited, work with facts, and only facts, and no-one can hurt you (Apart from the people he's pissed)

And the people who cry Alex Jones is?? Did they government plan and help him break into Bohemian Grove?

I'll to keep it short for now, as I'm at work.

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 08:20 AM
link   
Maybe Assange - much like many, many people - just doesn't buy into the 9/11 conspiracy.

The notion of "all or nothing" on the conspiracies is amazingly short-sighted.

Hell, I got accused of being a government shill because I didn't believe the ridiculous FEMA prison camp stories that have been debunked a million times.

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 08:43 AM
link   
reply to post by jtap66

Im confused, whats been debunked about FEMA camps???? are you claiming they dont exist???

No one is claiming that the FEMA camps are being used yet, so how can it be debunked as a Prison Camp, if their intended purpose has not been shown yet?

Namaste.
edit on 21/8/12 by WiseThinker because: Clarification

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 08:55 AM
link   
Regarding the OP:

Wikileaks -
I think this had nothing to do with COINTELPRO, however, they may have been agendas, who are not all in the public sphere, who helped out WikiLeaks, in order to destabilize regions, governments.

Also, i think the real damaging stuff is being keep't secret, why this is, im not sure, maybe WikiLeaks has a private their own agenda, which does not fit their public agenda.

Alex Jones-
This is a tricky one, i mean, he does wake a lot of people up, he does extensive research and quotes sources. However, i have caught him many a times, sandwiching a lie in between truth. And that is what the best propagandists do, give you 70% truth, so you cant distinguish when they start speculating or even lying.

So either, he just mixes his theories in with truth, or he is warping truth.

Also i have seen videos of him at protests, acting like a moron, and radicalizing the protests, but this could just be his temper, which is very big

So although i do listen to him once in a while, then im very careful, as i know he blurs out fallacies sometimes.

Just my 2 cents

Namaste

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 11:22 AM
link   
reply to post by WiseThinker

Here, I'll give you one link.

www.popularmechanics.com...

There are tons more. You can search them out, but I suspect you won't,.

The paranoid mindset is equipped with a "failsafe". For example, any source of information outside the contained bubble of ATS is considered part of the "mainstream media" and is thus ignored. Using logic, what's more probable: That EVERY other media source is in on some big conspiracy, or that the one or two sources reporting differdently are just plain wrong? The mind of a paranoid mirrors the mind of a religious zealot. The faithful are encouraged to avoid secular media to avoid "corruption". In reality, it's to avoid exposing an indoctrinated mind to ideas that are counter to the accepted narrative.

I'm not saying that everything put forth here is wrong. What I'm saying is that critical thinking skills need to be applied.

There are no prison camps. There is no Illuminati. There are no satanic plots.

What does exist is a government bent on putting the rights of the wealthy and powerful ahead of the rights of its citizens. Our government is being bought out from under us. That's the real conspiracy. Unfortunately that message gets muddled when it gets mixed in with nonsense about prison camps and Bilderberg conspiracies and the crap Alex Jones peddles.

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 11:33 AM
link   

Thanks WiseThinker,

That was a very wise reply, and much appreciated.

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 11:34 AM
link   
reply to post by jtap66

Funny you should link to that site, I've just finished reading several essays that highlight agendas behind that site in particular, and especially regarding 9/11.

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 11:36 AM
link   
I'm slightly (and yet not) surprised this thread has gone responded to.. As over the last few months I've been keeping tabs on those who cry COINTELPRO at the guys I mentioned and others..

And yet, non-have visited this thread.

Interesting.

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 11:55 AM
link   
reply to post by jtap66

Yeah, no, your argument does not hold water, as you are trying to twist what im saying.

I only stated that there ARE infact FEMA camps, this cannot be denied and even the article you sent confirms this, now as to their use, well from what i gather then most are empty emergency response centers .

Now how the camps will actually be used during an emergency, that is anyone's guess, however, you cannot debunk something that has not happened yet, that is just foolish.

Its like me claiming the sun will never rise again (During night off course), because it has not happened yet....

And as i said, then i am aware that Alex Jones spews out his own rhetoric mixed with the truth, so the only way i could possibly make that claim, is if i cross reference things i learn to different sources.

Also, using Fox news to denunk, and then to top it off a a Glen Beck interview xD and you are complaining that i (based on nothing by the way) worship every thing Alex Jones say....

Sorry, but your personal attack on me makes no sense, and does not hold water.

Also Bilderberg Group is fact, and under international law illegal.

Namaste.
edit on 21/8/12 by WiseThinker because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 11:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Sinny

Well, i do defiantly think Cointelpro takes place, i mean what better way to control you opposition that to infiltrate and "Divide and conquer " that group.

Or even better, set up the opposition, so that you control its direction from its insurrection.

Now how much its used, and where, thats the tricky question, and i will give jtap66 a point there, thinking about who is Cointelpro can make you Paranoid

Namaste.

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 12:11 PM
link   

Indeed, the whole issue of COINTELPRO has many layers, and dedicated research and quest for truth is needed, I'd like to point you to some of the best investigative work I've read lately, but unfortunately, the source is black listed on ATS
lol.

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 01:26 PM
link   

I didn't "attack" you.

I simply pointed out that your thinking falls very much in line with the general thinking around here.

Like the post tossing out Popular Mechanics - because they, like almost everyone else in the world, point out the holes, falsehoods and overall bunk contained in 9/11 conspiracy theories.

Yes, there are contingency plans for emergencies that fall under FEMA's jursdiction. Are there "camps" set up? I'd love to see proof. Not some blog by a militia member or another conspiracy site. I'm talking proof. Show me where these camps are.

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 01:39 PM
link   
reply to post by jtap66

What about the work labor program?

The fact is, all the laws have been set in place to make them detention camps if they wanted.. Isnt that worrying enough? time will tell.

edit on 21-8-2012 by Sinny because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 02:37 PM
link   
reply to post by jtap66

Have you actually seen the supposed videos and blogs????

Because i can tell you, it all came from one place, and the fact that Popularscience wont even name their source for the conspiracy theory, shows that they don't want you to do your own research, they just say "Videos, blogs and conspiracies floating around on the net"

This is the source of the points they try and debunk, they leave out alot of things, like the money trail of the coffins which goes back to Halliburton and the fact that they go to multiple places, and confront the "representatives " of one of the supposed camps.

Now yes i realize its Alex Jones on Jessie Ventures show, however, popular science misrepresented their claims (which is no suprise as they sourced their article of fox :@@
, now sure all these locations could be Residential areas and arms depots and what not, however, a few errors remain in those theories, the inward facing fences, now sure there could be an explanation, however, i have heard none, and the government is not saying anything.

So, so much for me having the mind set of every one on ATS, you haven't even looked at the other side of the argument, so if anyone is acting like a religious zealot then its you.

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." - Aristotle

And you sir, wont even entertain the idea, so how could you possible have researched or thought analytically about it?
edit on 21/8/12 by WiseThinker because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 02:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Sinny

Sorry, my last post there, got abit ramble-ish towards the end (the one just above )

Anyway, id love to see the "blacklisted" sources
, must be some juicy stuff.

You can still U2U me the links cant you ?

If you havent seen, then i would recommend you watch the Conspiracy Theory episode i linked from the start.
Now mind you, it is also entertainment (Jesse admitted that himself, however, he would never sell out), however, keep the fact that Season 2 is ready and has been for a few months, and isnt being allowed to be aired on TV anywhere, while you watch it

Namaste.

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 02:49 PM
link   

You take offense based on a false assumption that I haven't seen these videos. I have. I find the topic fascinating.

That being said, I've looked at both sides of the issue and have come to the conclusion that the overshelming amount of evidence showing that these videos are bunk wins the day. What "facts" do the videos provide? None. Just, "Look at this! This MUST be this!" When the item in question is debunked? Well, then it's off into more unproven theories and the ever-popular, "You can't trust anything" spiel. It's the ultimate in circular logic.

I don't expoect you to "get" what I'm saying. You clearly have your beiliefs, and i have mine. Sorry if my posts offended you.

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 03:28 PM
link   
reply to post by jtap66

I got offended as soon as you compared my thought pattern to a "religious zealot", im sure any rational mind would.

And funny how you claim not to be offending me, and ending with "I don't expoect you to "get" what I'm saying", i take that as another offence.

And i think we should agree to disagree, and admitted there is an argument either way, however again you left out the money trail (follow the money).

Agreed that the "Official story" is more water tight than the 9/11 story, however water is still leaking (discrepensies in what the "officials" claim, and what appears to be going on) and until im completely satisfied with the official explanations, then there is cause for suspicion for me.

Now what you misunderstand, is that entertaining an idea and believing it are two different things, now ill entertain the idea of Fema Camps, until im satisfied that they don't exist, that does not mean that i believe that they psychically exist, however i think its highly plausible that they do.

There is a difference, i in no way or shape, carve anything into stone, as nothing is static and every thing is dynamic and constantly moving and evolving, now if your beliefs cant do the same, then yes i agree, you start falling into thought patterns like a religious zealot, as you reject all information that does not fit your model, and you start looking for confirmation bias.

So i root we should agree to disagree, as i think we have established that we both have fluid thought beliefs, however we are clearly not on the same page, and this is after looking presumable at most of the same information, so i doubt this thread will change much.

On that note Namaste and no disrespect meant anywhere along the way

top topics

join