It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'radical cloud brightening"

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 07:24 AM
link   
every one has heard about haarp,right?
well now science is looking into new ways of screwing up the weather!
its called 'cloud-brightening, and its where they use a remote controlled ship to shoot salt water into the atmosphere.

TextGeoengineering — the use of technology to make large-scale changes to the environment — has been making the news lately. Similar to a previous idea, a new proposal for "marine cloud brightening" suggests using a network of remote-controlled, self-sustaining Flettner ships to spray salt water into the upper atmosphere over the oceans. This would create long-lasting clouds which would reflect more sunlight back into space and help cool the planet. Using salt water — instead of the previously-proposed sulphur dioxide — would prevent potential damage to the ozone layer.

why can't we just stop poisoning the planet and let the earth fix herself? sh'e been around for a while,i'm sure she will be around for a lot longer too!

any way,just a thought.
full story here:

yahoo news,canada

ethods like these could have unexpected effects, with some scientists saying that cloud brightening over the Atlantic Ocean could cause the South Atlantic to cool, which would mean less evaporation of ocean water into the air and less rainfall over the Amazon rainforest, turning the area into a desert.

they even admit that they know not what they are doing,or whay affects it may cause!

Possibly the most important fact acting against us is that we don't have a complete understanding of the atmosphere and how everything interconnects. Going ahead with any of these projects is seen by many as irresponsible without knowing more about the potential side-effects

edit on 21-8-2012 by reficul because: hit enter too soon!

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 07:26 AM
link   
looks pretty dull to me

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 07:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Seagle
looks pretty dull to me

Best reply in ages!

ETA:

Cheers Reficul, looks like you have fixed it now......

Geo Engineering makes sense to me.....up to a point. Surely though it would be better tested elsewhere first so we can observe the effects - say geo engineering the weather / climate on one of the many moons in our Solar System? Decade of observation would give us more of an idea if it is good idea to proceed. Or not.
edit on 21-8-2012 by Flavian because: (no reason given)

join