It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The French provided Iraq with intelligence on US!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 27 2003 @ 07:15 AM
link   
[url=http://www.news.com.au/common/story_page/0,4057,6344726%255E1702,00.html]>> LINK TO STORY

posted on Apr, 27 2003 @ 07:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by William
may have helped him to prepare for war.
I smell propaganda ...if the French had helped Saddam prepare for war they didn't so a very good job of it

posted on Apr, 27 2003 @ 09:10 AM
link   
The AP is reporting the same thing with exception of the comments with respect to "cover for attacking Iraq."

Moonclamp what is being said is that the French government made Saddam Hussein aware of private conversations.

Since France was not made aware of the military strategy with respect to how the US planed to attack Iraq, that type of assistance was unavailable.

posted on Apr, 27 2003 @ 11:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by moonclamp

I smell propaganda ...if the French had helped Saddam prepare for war they didn't so a very good job of it

Yeah, or we can think that france did her best.

posted on Apr, 28 2003 @ 06:53 AM
link   
i thought it was obvious that the french helped saddam they gave his troops there most important battle tactic 'no shoot no shoot i give up'

posted on Apr, 28 2003 @ 08:03 AM
link   
Doesn't France hold seminars on "how to give up like a spineless coward and still be arrogant" I think its a two dayer.

posted on Apr, 28 2003 @ 08:18 AM
link   
Is anyone actually surprised by this?

posted on Apr, 28 2003 @ 08:46 AM
link   
Yes, I'm totally shocked beyond belief!!

dom

posted on Apr, 28 2003 @ 09:00 AM
link   
"The information, said in the files to have come partly from "friends of Iraq" at the French foreign ministry, kept Saddam abreast of every development in American planning and may have helped him to prepare for war. One report warned of an American "attempt to involve Iraq with terrorism" as "cover for an attack on Iraq"."

Hardly sounds like the French government does it? Although there is one memo based on a meeting with the French ambassador to Iraq, which seems to have involved the French telling the Iraqis that there was no present threat of a US attack.

What's the problem with this again? It's not like they gave the Iraqi's NATO acquirement codes, details on destroying US radar, or anything much else is it? Not even vaguely similar to the publicly available documentation of US military aid to Iraq which included help developing not only chemical weapons but also biological weapons.

Oh hold on, I forgot, we all hate the French now. In which case "Yeah, let's nuke the ungrateful bastards".

join