It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rio de Janerio & Davis Station Antartica Black Dot On Sun Cam Pictures 8-21-12

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 06:58 AM
link   
Below are todays web cam pictures of something large and round in front of the sun causing a large black dot to show up on the sun. These web cam photo's are both from the same day: 8-21-12 and from 2 different web cams from 2 different locations around the world - Rio de Janerio and Davis Research Station Antartica.

On other days throughout the year, you can see the sun come up at these web cam locations, and it is just large and bright looking as anyone would expect to see the sun look in a photo.

This large round black dot has appeared in front of the sun at these and other web cam locations around the world in the past few years before. If this large round black dot appeared in front of these web cam locations every day, it could easily be explained away as some type of a problem with the web cams etc.

However, as anyone can easily see from these recent photographs take from different locations and both showing the Exact same black dot in front of the sun, there is something large passing in front of the sun right now, as well as in the recent photo's of the past year or more.

All thoughts and comments are welcome. However, for all of the debunkers, please don't waste your time and everyone elses time posting and filling up this thread with the usual " Buzz Words " saying it's a sun dog, lens flare etc.
As the exact same Object has been seen at Many Locations World Wide -

Serious and Sincere Replies Only Please - Thank You

The Location Time and Date stamp are on each of these web cam photo's taken today on Tuesday, 8-21-2012

Below is the Rio de Janerio web cam link for those that want to pull it up and look at it. These pictures above where taken early this morning by this web cam in Rio. The Davis Station web cam can be easily found online too.

www.homesinrio.com...
edit on 8/21/2012 by chrisb9 because: webcam link

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 07:00 AM
link   
When you point most cameras at the sun, you will get the same effect. Someone familiar with cameras will be able to explain but I think it's just to do with the camera being unable to process the intense light from the sun. Trust me, if there was a black spot that big, it would be all over the news by now.

EDIT: Here ya go...

A digital camera has a electronic image sensor that converts light into an electronic signal. If an object is very bright, it can overwhelm the sensor. If you watch video shot with early digital video cameras, you'll see very bright lights show up on the recording as a bright vertical line. The engineers who designed cameras decided that wasn't a useful failure mode so they wrote instructions into the camera to shut off the pixels that got hit with the too bright light. Hence the black dot where the sun should be.

Source

Talk about spoon feeding!
edit on 21-8-2012 by fiftyfifty because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 07:16 AM
link   
also if there was a black dot infront of the sun, EVERYONE would see it and go crazy, martial law would be declared and a state of emergency would ensue. thats not happening. nothing to see here, back to bed.

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 07:19 AM
link   
reply to post by fiftyfifty

fiftyfifty, I know you are sincere in your reply with the so called "technical" explanation of how this happens to camera's. However the "technical" answer you provided is not what is happening on these pictures.

If the "technical" information you provided where what is Actually happening in these photographs, then that is like Saying that the Sun was Brighter Today, than it was Yesterday or last week etc.

As I have already explained above in my original post, anyone can look at these web cam photo's LIVE all year long, and you will NOT see the Black Dot. Sorry, but the technical explanation you provided is Not what is being seen in these recent photo's today. And from 2 Different Web Cam Photo's from 2 Different Locations around the World - Come On.... Get Real !

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 07:24 AM
link   
reply to post by chrisb9

Each black dot looks as though it's in the center of the sun. A ccd overload or just a peventitive measure for the cameras being used? It doesn't look like anything out of the ordinary...

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 07:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by chrisb9
reply to post by fiftyfifty

fiftyfifty, I know you are sincere in your reply with the so called "technical" explanation of how this happens to camera's. However the "technical" answer you provided is not what is happening on these pictures.

If the "technical" information you provided where what is Actually happening in these photographs, then that is like Saying that the Sun was Brighter Today, than it was Yesterday or last week etc.

As I have already explained above in my original post, anyone can look at these web cam photo's LIVE all year long, and you will NOT see the Black Dot. Sorry, but the technical explanation you provided is Not what is being seen in these recent photo's today. And from 2 Different Web Cam Photo's from 2 Different Locations around the World - Come On.... Get Real !

The amount of saturation that causes the CCD chip to turn off pixels will be dependent upon many things:

Camera manufacture.
CCD chip type
Angle of the sun light striking the CCD surface
Weather affecting viewing of the sun.

Web cams are built cheaply as compared to many hand held cams. More expensive cameras employ features that actually reduce the amount of light when over exposure is happening (IE shining a light directly into the camera). These types of cameras will not produce any "black dots" because the camera is able to compensate for the intense sun light.
Cheaper and older web cams tend to not have this feature.

Because of the Earth's axial tilt, the sun will not appear in the same place in the sky year round, and sun light landing at the lens of a fixed camera will change. The more steep the angle, the less intense the light is. The less intense the light is, the better a web camera can handle the light striking the CCD chip, hence why sometimes the "black dot" will show up and why sometimes it will not.

Weather is also a factor in the amount of sunlight received. High altitude clouds, smog, atmospheric dust can cause attenuation of the light, bringing it's levels down and again will not cause the "black spot" to appear.

All of this is very easy to test and prove using web cameras and different versions of cameras with test lights who's brightness can be adjusted, along with it's angle of light fall.

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 07:39 AM
link   
Thanks for posting another "something in space" claim based on a misunderstanding how cameras work. Added this thread to mine on hoax videos.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

It should be pointed out that a good test would have been a lack of alignment between the object and the Sun. In this case you have 2 instances where the supposed object is almost exactly the same angular diameter as the Sun and is perfectly aligned with it twice. Also notice that there is no apparent dimming as would be due to an eclipsing event. These are all clues that it is not "something in space", but rather a camera artifact.

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 07:47 AM
link   
reply to post by eriktheawful & stereologist

Thank you for your replies trying to explain away what the photo's today show. However -

According to both of your replies, the Sun is Only Brighter on just a couple of days a year and that is what causes the round black object to show up in front of the sun? And at 2 different locations around the World on just a few days a Year?

- Come On.... Get Real !

This is the last time I will make the exact same reply to all debunkers.

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 07:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by juniorchubbs
also if there was a black dot infront of the sun, EVERYONE would see it and go crazy, martial law would be declared and a state of emergency would ensue. thats not happening. nothing to see here, back to bed.

Didn't your mommy ever teach you not to look at the sun??

If there was a giant disc in front of the sun right now, I wouldn't know, because I don't look directly at the sun.

These pics though, it sure does look like something technical, sorry OP. They black spot is in the middle of the sun the entire time, and just because it hasn't happened in the past doesn't mean it can't happen now, perhaps the sun WAS more intense, perhaps the webcam has had it's best time and is breaking down in some aspects (the processing of the brightest spot),... On top of that, to me, it looks very pixelated and almost, sorry to say, faked. If you took these shots, there is no way of telling if they were edited either, you might be honest, but others might be not.

I don't want to discard this completely, there is always the possibility, but for now, I'm leaning towards technical problem too

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 07:57 AM
link   

Thank you for your replies trying to explain away what the photo's today show. However -

According to both of your replies, the Sun is Only Brighter on just a couple of days a year and that is what causes the round black object to show up in front of the sun? And at 2 different locations around the World on just a few days a Year?

- Come On.... Get Real !

In that case may I give an alternate theory since you are adamant about this.......eh hem

A guy in tights got a ladder and a sharpie and threw a few dots on the lens of some cameras for the purpose of coving up his crime of pigeon theft and window peepin from the roofs of these buildings.

Seriously thats all i got if the other logical explanations wont do.

honestly bro, think about it...its the camera...maybe the lens processor is failing..cameras do go bad over time..and aren't the best quality. If your assertion is correct, then that would mean the whole world doesn't look up except you. Which is more likely?

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 08:01 AM
link   
reply to post by chrisb9

Your reasoning is lacking.

- Come On.... Get Real !

The technical explanation I gave IS what is seen in those images. The black dot is often seen in place of the Sun from the Antarctic station. They just received their first Sun view in months. The Rio shot probably does not show the black dot unless the Sun is in the right position.

I simply do not believe your claim that "nyone can look at these web cam photo's LIVE all year long, and you will NOT see the Black Dot. "

1. The Antarctic station doesn't see the Sun all year long.
2. I know you have not been watching that Rio webcam endlessly

So you made up this hyperbole without thinking in a poor attempt to make a point. All you are really telling us is that the black dot does not always appear. Fine. Everyone is in agreement with that. It only appears when the camera sensors are overloaded. I know the Antarctica station often shows a black dot because of all of the stupid videos posted claiming something is in front of the Sun.

Go to Youtube and enter "black spot antarctica" and you can see how often there is a claim that something is in front of the Sun. Notice that the black spot is never a partial covering of the Sun. It is always perfectly aligned. If that were really true, then that spot would NOT be perfectly aligned from other places on Earth.

No one ever reports a partial covering. It is always a perfect covering. Why? Because it's a camera artifact.

So come on - get real.

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 08:02 AM
link   

- Come On.... Get Real !

Two things:

You are ignoring what was said about the sun's angle of light and weather (hence your statement about not seeing the black dot year round).

Number 2: look at your own pictures you posted. With barely any zooming, you can clearly see the pixelation of the "black dot" as compared to other objects in the pictures. This is clearly showing the pixels in that area have turned "off".

And again: this can be tested just fine using web cams and intense light. And as stereologist said: if it were really an object in front of the sun, it would not look like that due to the apparent size of the dot. We would see something more like this:

edit on 21-8-2012 by eriktheawful because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 08:03 AM
link   

- Come On.... Get Real !

Get real? Ok...

There is nothing infront of the sun. If there was and it was as big as it looks in the photo's, the sun wouldn't be as bright as it is. The fact that you have never noticed it before means nothing. Do you check the webcam every day at exactly the same time to make sure there's nothing obscuring the sun? Don't you thing someone else on the planet OTHER THAN YOURSELF would have noticed? The technical explanation stands because it is correct. By the way, this is not debunking, this is being 'real'. I personally think you are just trying to build them little numbers under your name up. Try and find something a bit more solid and maybe more people will entertain it.

Good luck in your quest for doom

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 08:26 AM
link   
i thought this did happen sometimes,
without being a tecnical glitch

didnt Sting reference "a little black spot on the sun"
in "king of pain"?

or were there ccd's back then too?

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 08:32 AM
link   
reply to post by chrisb9

However, as anyone can easily see from these recent photographs take from different locations and both showing the Exact same black dot in front of the sun, there is something large passing in front of the sun right now, as well as in the recent photo's of the past year or more.

Why does a black circle sometimes appear over the centre of the sun?

On occasion, a black circle or other irregular shape may appear in front of the sun in the webcam images. Digital web cameras have image sensors that convert light to an electronic signal. The centre of the sun is very bright, and can overwhelm the sensor. When this happens, the camera software blackens out the area to protect the longevity of the sensor, and displays black pixels in the area.

This explanation is directly from your source for the Davis Station image.
www.antarctica.gov.au...

Keep in mind there are many cameras on satellites recording the Sun. Surely if there were an actual object there you could find support for your belief.

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 09:40 AM
link   
One More Time for all of the debunkers

Todays web cam pictures of something large and round in front of the sun causing a round black dot to show up on the sun. These web cam photo's are both from the same day: 8-21-12 and from 2 different web cams from 2 different locations around the world - Rio de Janerio and Davis Research Station Antartica.

On other days throughout the year, you can see the sun come up at these web cam locations, and it is just large and bright looking as anyone would expect to see the sun look in a photo.

This large round black dot has appeared in front of the sun at these and other web cam locations around the world in the past few years before. If this round black dot appeared in front of these web cam locations every day or on a regular basis month after month, year after year etc. These photo's could easily be explained away as some type of a problem with the web cams camera's etc.

However, as anyone can easily see from these recent photographs taken from different locations and both showing the Exact same black dot in front of the sun, there is something large passing in front of the sun right now, as well as in the recent photo's of the past year or more.

If the "technical" information "excuses" provided so far by the usual debunkers where what is Actually happening in these photographs, then what they are all Saying is that the Sun was Brighter Today, than it was Yesterday or last week or last month etc. Again - Come on.... Get Real !

As I have already explained above in my original post. Anyone can look at these web cam photo's LIVE all year long, and you will NOT see the Black Dot every day, or even on any consistant basis to rationally claim that it is a web cam exposure problem.

The technical explanations / excuses provided by the debunkers are Not what is being seen in these recent photo's today. And from 2 Different Web Cam Photo's from 2 Different Locations around the World - At completely different times and angles and temperatures etc.

Come On.... Get Real !

And for those that accuse and think that I have any agenda or something to gain from these recent photo's -

Again - Come On.... Get Real !

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 09:54 AM
link   
reply to post by chrisb9

As erik has pointed out multiple times now this CCD overload is dependent on weather and angle of the Sun. The weather is not the same every day. The Sun's also rises at different locations on the eastern horizon throughout the year due to the Earth's wobble (this is also why we have different seasons). So the weather and angle of the Sun will be different every day. This explains why you will only get the black spot on certain days.

Ask yourself this. Why was this black spot in the exact same position on both cameras when sunrise at the Davis Base occurred seven hours earlier than sunrise in Rio? To put it in perspective the Venus transit earlier this year took seven hours. So how can Venus transit the entire Sun in seven hours but this spot doesn't move at all in that time?

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 10:41 AM
link   
reply to post by chrisb9

Come on wake up! This is NOT something in front of the Sun. This is obviously becoming a hoax thread and knowingly posting hoaxes is forbidden at ATS.

Simple and reasonable explanations for this have been posted and rejected due to a mind very closed to the evidence.

However, as anyone can easily see from these recent photographs taken from different locations and both showing the Exact same black dot in front of the sun, there is something large passing in front of the sun right now, as well as in the recent photo's of the past year or more.

The fact that 2 places show exact alignment indicates it is the camera and not an object in space. Why?
1. Such an object would have to be very large and therefore conspicuous
2. Such an object would be moving at great speed and thus would have been visible across a large swath of the sky
3. Such an object would have dimmed the daylight - nothing like that happened

These sorts of camera events are common at the Antarctic station as evidenced by Youtube videos from other hoaxers.

Anyone can look at these web cam photo's LIVE all year long, and you will NOT see the Black Dot every day, or even on any consistant basis to rationally claim that it is a web cam exposure problem.

That we know is a lie since the evidence from Youtube shows otherwise.

The technical explanations / excuses provided by the debunkers are Not what is being seen in these recent photo's today. And from 2 Different Web Cam Photo's from 2 Different Locations around the World - At completely different times and angles and temperatures etc.

This just tells us that the cameras are not so poorly aimed that they always are aimed at the Sun and being damaged by too much incoming light.

And for those that accuse and think that I have any agenda or something to gain from these recent photo's -

You are promoting a well known hoax.

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 10:44 AM
link   
This has been discussed at the following ATS thread.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 10:56 AM
link   
Don't feed the troll

He doesn't get it

He never will

Check back next year on the same day and the magic dot will be BAACCCKKKK !!!!

It's so scary

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join