It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran unveils new missles

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 06:13 AM
link   

Iran unveiled upgrades to six weapons on Tuesday, including a more accurate short-range missile and a more powerful naval engine, Iranian media reported, in what seemed to be its latest response to international pressure over its nuclear programme.

The hardware was presented at a ceremony marking Defence Industry Day and attended by President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad and Defence Minister Ahmad Vahidi.

www.reuters.com...

Not trying to scare people.
edit on 21-8-2012 by PieceOfThePuzzle because: (no reason given)

edit on 21-8-2012 by PieceOfThePuzzle because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 06:23 AM
link   
reply to post by PieceOfThePuzzle

What an odd thing to unveil?.. not new weapons, but tactical upgrades..

... and a more powerful engine?..

sounds like disinfo, ''hey look this is the best we can do., these are our accomplishments''

NK tested a nuclear warhead.. do you really think Iran doesnt have 1?
edit on 21-8-2012 by Agit8dChop because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 06:26 AM
link   
Looks like this guy missed the upgraded guidance systems part.

"The Fateh-110 has a crude guidance and control system that operates during the missile's ascent" rather than during final descent, said Michael Elleman, senior fellow for missile defence at the International Institute for Strategic Studies.

Iran said earlier this month that it had successfully test-fired the new model and that it was equipped with a more accurate guidance system. "This missile is one of the most precise and advanced land-to-land ballistic missiles using solid fuel," Vahidi was quoted as saying by Fars news agency. "In the last decade it has had a significant role in promoting the Islamic Republic of Iran's defence capabilities."

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 07:06 AM
link   
reply to post by buster2010

Explanation: Uhmmm?

One the one hand if the guidance systems is so crude then surely the nukes, which require more science and technology, are beyond their capacity! :shk:

Or on the other hand the guidance system is accurate enough to satisfy Irans generals.

Since we are talking about SRBM's, which are probably too small [650kg max] to carry a functional gun type fission weapon with the mass of 1metric ton, Iran ALSO has several MRBM that could easily do that job and one doesn't have to be super accurate using a nuclear weapon/biochem anyway ... anywhere in the ballpark will do!

And I am going to assume that Iran would fire as many missles in retaliation as possible, further increasing the chance of a critical strike and totally annihilating Israel from the face of the planet let alone the map.

Personal Disclosure: I know so for I have posted so ...

[Through the Looking Glass] Samson and Delilah Redux! (by OmegaLogos posted on 11-11-2011 @ 07:12 AM) [ATS]

And so have others ...

The case against a Nuclear Armed Iran. (by Wrabbit2000 posted on 19-8-2012 @ 11:13 AM) [ATS]

This SRBM may be the perfect retaliatory weapon to strike the ISS down ... if of course Russia doesn't step in to help Iran when it needs it.

edit on 21-8-2012 by OmegaLogos because: Edited to add text for clarity.

edit on 21-8-2012 by OmegaLogos because: Edited to fix spelling.

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 07:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by OmegaLogos
reply to post by buster2010

Explanation: Uhmmm?

One the one hand if the guidance systems is so crude then surely the nukes, which require more science and technology, are beyond their capacity! :shk:

Or on the other hand the guidance system is accurate enough to satisfy Irans generals.

Since we are talking about SRBM's, which are probably too small [650kg max] to carry a functional gun type fission weapon with the mass of 1metric ton, Iran ALSO has several MRBM that could easily do that job and one doesn't have to be super accurate using a nuclear weapon/biochem anyway ... anywhere in the ballpark will do!

And I am going to assume that Iran would fire as many missles in retaliation as possible, further increasing the chance of a critical strike and totally annihilating Israel from the face of the planet let alone the map.

Personal Disclosure: I know so for I have posted so ...

[Through the Looking Glass] Samson and Delilah Redux! (by OmegaLogos posted on 11-11-2011 @ 07:12 AM) [ATS]

And so have others ...

The case against a Nuclear Armed Iran. (by Wrabbit2000 posted on 19-8-2012 @ 11:13 AM) [ATS]

This SRBM may be the perfect retaliatory weapon to strike the ISS down ... if of course Russia doesn't step in to help Iran when it needs it.

edit on 21-8-2012 by OmegaLogos because: Edited to add text for clarity.

edit on 21-8-2012 by OmegaLogos because: Edited to fix spelling.

Do you understand what the term upgraded means? It's when you take an old part out and put a better part in. Iran had said they upgraded the guidance system but the other guy was talking like he didn't know about the new guidance system. Why is everyone crying nukes all the time when it comes to Iran? There is no proof they are trying to get one besides a fuel air bomb would be much better. You get almost as much devastation without the radiation. Win win situation.

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 07:47 PM
link   

edit on 21-8-2012 by lurksoften because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 04:23 AM
link   
reply to post by PieceOfThePuzzle

why should one get scared !

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 09:54 AM
link   
reply to post by maes2

No reason, I just didn't want people to think that I am sharing this article to make people more afraid of Iran than they already are.

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 06:32 PM
link   
Any Army should look to upgrade its weapons systems, this is an obvious thing to do. But guidance systems on short range weapons, we probably aren't talking about large payload nukes, why would a nuke need to be accurate?

I believe Iran should be gearing up towards a long and troublesome ground war,
I dont really believe any netion to openly fire nukes though... buuuuuut.

the whole thing keeps me awake at night.

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 06:34 PM
link   
One question. Are these new missiles pointy on the top or still round. I am asking because I specifically requested the missiles o be pointy on the top. How are they going to stick in the ground when we shoot them at the infidels? It will bounce back and get us. We need to make the missiles pointy!

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 06:39 PM
link   
WOW

and I just got a case of 32 oz bottle rockets and posted them on you tube.

new topics

top topics

join