It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Leaked Report Cites Possible Atoll Collapse

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 05:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Kastogere

If the Atol were to collapse totally, the resulting Tsunami would do more than just devestate the surrounding islands.

That much energy would crate a tsunami powerful enough to destroy the US west coast and the AU/NZ east coasts, along with countless other nations in the path of such an event. Millions would not even stand a chance of escaping something like this "no matter how far they retreated inland to high ground".

France would have some major compensation to deal with and millions of individual law suits..lol France would its self collapse...heh

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 06:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Ironclad

Yea, but at this point France would only be able to pay out cheese and wine for compensation.

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 04:46 PM
link   
Why have so many nuclear bomb tests been conducted?

I once read in one of my conspiracy journals, I think it was “Cosmic Conspiracy” that a surprise nuclear strike from any country could never eventuate because one of the fundamentals of nuclear fission that was discovered with the atomic testing program back in the 1940’s was that you only get complete fission of the critical mass of nuclear material in the middle of the day. Scientists back then discovered through numerous nuclear tests that the position of the sun or the solar radiation output at the time of detonation had an influence on the intensity of the blast. They discovered that if you detonate a nuclear bomb outside of this window the fission reaction is less efficient delivering a much small blast zone with a larger amount of radioactive material that failed to undergo fission. The multiple tests conducted by the superpowers were for the purpose of finding the reason for this phenomenon and to develop an alternative ignition device to work around this problem otherwise their nuclear arsenal would be compromised as the enemy would always be able to anticipate the time for any nuclear strike.

CaptainScarlet with no fancy image or message, just what I know.

<< 1  2   >>

join