It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Police save driver's life after heart attack crash

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 05:44 AM
link   

A 51 year-old man from Mid-Bedfordshire is recovering in hospital after Bedfordshire Police officers administered life saving first aid when he was taken ill at the wheel of his car. The man had suffered a heart attack at the wheel of his Ford Fiesta before crashing in to the wall of a property in Luton on Saturday afternoon.

Police save driver's life after heart attack crash

I just stumbled across this and thought it was something that needed to be posted. I have never, ever seen a thread about what good work the police do, always about the negative incidents. I believe that these officers showed great professionalism and teamwork and I'm sure in the family of this gentleman they are heroes to them. I think this is something to think about before everyone jumps on the same old police hating bandwagon.

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 05:45 AM
link   
reply to post by ProfessorT

Great effort from the police involved there.

Good to see their taxpayer funded training being put to good affect.

edit on 21-8-2012 by Peruvianmonk because: Spelling

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 10:20 AM
link   
Yes, its good to hear something positive. And I believe there are many fairly good, decent police officers. Had one talk to me about my youngest and his friend, who were literally knocking on one door after another, attempting to find a friend who had lived on that block, from another school, who was missed. The bold one of the two, the friend, looked in one window. Well the old woman phoned the police and my youngest arrived home in a police car, with a kind officer who was very good with him, and told me, Don't be too rough on him, when I said we'd have a talk about not entering trespassing on another's property.

I find most police officers, are good people, but they have share office with some others who don't seem to have anyone to answer to and abuse their positions of power.

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 02:33 PM
link   
Very nice to hear something positive about the police. These moments should be praised much more often.

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 02:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrGrimm
Very nice to hear something positive about the police. These moments should be praised much more often.

Indeed. Sadly these incidents are always somehow 'forgotten' and instead you get the negative news stories. It would be fantastic if one day the press and media actually displayed a bit of fairness, especially those news outlets that are ALWAYS critical of the police no matter what good they do. I think it's about time on ATS that we had a few threads up about the brilliant work that these men and women do - they are life savers as this story goes to show.

top topics

join