It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Our cross that floats in heaven. “our mind”

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 04:57 AM
link   
Notes from 'Opening the Hand of Thought; Approach to Zen', and 'Refining Your Life', by Kosho Uchiyama Roshi.

I stumbled upon this document in the hope that some day I may have some time to dedicate to what that open hand offers us. These are some snippets that I pulled out for you guys and girls, I hope that you find them as penetrating as I have. Having given my little intro I now feel that you know why I am sharing them with you. Enjoy mucho!

Nevertheless, it is also true that we aren't always living fully, aren't always actualizing our life. This is because unlike the flowers in the fields, human beings bear the burden of thought.

My life is not limited to the physical pulsation of my heart. My life exists in every life experience- that is, everywhere life functions.

There is a short poem that says:

When the quarrel over water
Reaches its highest pitch
-A sudden rain.

We deceive ourselves by believing that a fact existing in our minds is absolute truth.

Living out the true Self means to put away ideas of upper or lower, success or failure, and to learn to see that everything we encounter is our life, our true Self.

When we no longer see ourselves simply as cogs in the wheel of society, and awaken to the true Self in a total sense, then the meaning of our daily lives is bound to change.

Since life is always potential, whether you are a violet or a rose is simply not something that is fixed, nor is it necessary to try to figure it out. What is vital here is that you give expression to the flower to your Self, the flower of here and now, and allow it to blossom as completely and as naturally as it can in every moment of your life. That flower of your Self, that flower of here and now, is your life!
edit on 21-8-2012 by ancientthunder because: remove a repeated paragraph

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 05:01 AM
link   
reply to post by ancientthunder

Our cross that floats in heaven. “our mind”

intelligence = angel (inspiration, muse) ?

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 05:39 AM
link   

intelligence = angel (inspiration, muse) ?

Wisdom = intelligence angle of inspiration, muse and other potentials.

new topics

join