It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

George Zimmerman Wants You To Pay His Legal Fees

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 03:48 PM
link   
Reply to post by bigfatfurrytexan

No, I called you biased because in your post all of the adjectives you used to describe Martin and his role in the situation were negative. While everything you said about Zimmerman was neutral and your perceptionof his role in this seemed to be inoocent. You were in no way in the middle. You may think you are, but how you talk about the situation reveals your personal bias. My personal opinion is not tainted by the media, I mean they have been playing both sides throughout this entire thing. I personally think he is guilty based on everything I have learned about him and his past.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 03:52 PM
link   
Reply to post by FlyersFan

What was the point of quoting that sentence about Zimmerman? Lol. Everyone knows what his race is, I was making a comparison to prove a point. Read the entire posts dammit.

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 05:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by acmpnsfal

No, I called you biased because in your post all of the adjectives you used to describe Martin and his role in the situation were negative. While everything you said about Zimmerman was neutral and your perceptionof his role in this seemed to be inoocent. You were in no way in the middle. You may think you are, but how you talk about the situation reveals your personal bias. My personal opinion is not tainted by the media, I mean they have been playing both sides throughout this entire thing. I personally think he is guilty based on everything I have learned about him and his past.

I am curious if you could point to the negative comments regarding Martin?

My comments regarding Zimmerman reflect innocence because until he is proven guilty, that is the presumption.

A person and his past have nothing to do with the situation in the present. Well, they may have something to do....but in no way should undermine the facts of this specific case. We are all scoundrels in one way or another. "Everything you have heard" is a statement that shows that, despite your beliefs, your opinion HAS been tainted by the media. That is, unless you know him personally.

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 07:38 PM
link   

I cannot quote off my cell so im going to copy and paste with quotation marks lol.

'RE: the police investigation...i would presume that they saw the
same Zimmerman we saw photos of. The man had his butt whooped. Good. He was obviously on the losing end of the fight up until the shot was fired. Having said that....
....do we notice how the news really hasn't played the 911 calls in
context to what was happening? That they stoked the fires of the accusations of profiling?
I am not making a case for or against Zimmerman. I am saying that, if the story Zimmerman says is true, it was self defense. It was a case of an enraged Martin seeing the gun in its concealed location while he kicked the snot out of Zimmerman, and stated, "Oh, you're gonna die tonight" while reaching for it.
And I am also saying that there is nothing that refutes Zimmermans story, and that the evidence actually supports it.
This could be a case of Zimmerman isolating and harrassing Martin
because he was black. Or it could be a case of Zimmerman conducting a civic duty and observing, and a young man feeling like
he is being singled out and confronting Zimmerman. No one here
knows these facts. The general consensus in the first page of posts is that this man is "trash" and deserves to die for his crime.
Obviously you see my concern here. Lets say Zimmerman is
exonerated....will he have the chance to live in peace? I mean, look at the general feeling about him? If it turns out that it was something like Martin having a chip on his shoulder, confronting Zimmerman, and then getting killed....would that change the general opinion of people? His legal troubles are just the first hurdle. His public trial has already been completed.'

In that entire spheal in which you claim tobe unbiased you only make one unbiased statement. But even with that you spin it to make Zimmerman look like the good guy lol. 'he could have singled out martin because he was black or he was just doing his civic duty and Martin confronted him.' You repeatedly try to make Martin seem angry describing him as enraged or with a chip on his shoulder. While commiting no character assasination on Zimmerman who actually has a history of becoming unhinged.

You are going out of your way to make Zimmerman a victim. The media was just as harsh on Martin. The public consensus is not that Zimmerman is guilty. I could go on but do you see what you are doing? If you are unbiased you have to take both sides into account and present them which you have not done. You are biased lol.

Also my opinion does not just come from what the media has reported. I read the report the FBI released about him as well as a couple of stories from people who worked with him in the past. Friends and family are largely unreliable in assessing character as they have a motive to protect him. I never stopped paying attention to this case lol.

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 07:40 PM
link   
Reply to post by acmpnsfal

Not to mention the fiasco he pulled with his defense fund, the man has zero integrity.

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 07:52 PM
link   
reply to post by acmpnsfal

I actually have been pretty clear that I don't know if he is guilt or not. But what I am trying to do is convince others to give him his day in court. It would seem that to do so, I may have to at least point out how he wouldn't be guilty. What you see as bias is actually my attempt to level the conversation by providing counter arguments, again with the goal to be to convince others to give him his day in court.

Either you don't understand this, or you are just blatantly trying to misconstrue my statements. I would rather assume the former and not the latter.

RE: where you get your news....it is irrelevant. If you have used the media as a source, you have been tainted by the media. Since you read an FBI report, it could also say you have been tainted by the FBI. What you are doing is proclaiming to have an insight that is cobbled together out of various pieces of evidence, but not in consideration of an entire body of evidence. That is not a trial.

And in a thread full of hyperbole that wishes death and other harm on the defendant, I think it more than pertinent to point out how there has yet to be a trial, and all the hyperbolic vitriol is not only premature, but wholly uncalled for.

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 07:56 PM
link   
Zimmerman very well could be found innocent and acquitted but he will never enjoy freedom the rest of his life. He
himself destroyed his freedom when he decided to cowboy, stalk and kill an innocent kid. His arrogance and fantasy cop wannabe attitude has doomed him to a life of paranoia and fear. It's his own fault.

He will have to live with his decision and it's ultimate consequences regardless of the courts and law.

edit on 22-8-2012 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 09:15 PM
link   

That does not make any sense. Nobody in this thread has said why they think Zimmerman is guilty from the point of view of assuming Trayvon's innocence. Like, no one went indepth about the case like you did. If they had your post would not seem biased as you would be playing devils advocate. You decided to come out of the blue and defend Zimmerman, lol. You felt the need to victimize him. You claimed you were unbiased when you clearly were not. I dont count paying attention to the media as being tainted though. If you watch the news and recite talking points without doing any personal research I could go with that. Also, the FBI investigation is the most credible information available about Zimmerman to the general public at present. And its the FBI....lol. Its not some random news source, it holds a lot of weight.

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 09:19 PM
link   

Also, people have a right to hold a personal opinion. You can complain all day about it but its pointless. Lol. Also, you have used hyperbole several times in this thread. So.....

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 09:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by acmpnsfal

That does not make any sense. Nobody in this thread has said why they think Zimmerman is guilty from the point of view of assuming Trayvon's innocence. Like, no one went indepth about the case like you did. If they had your post would not seem biased as you would be playing devils advocate. You decided to come out of the blue and defend Zimmerman, lol. You felt the need to victimize him. You claimed you were unbiased when you clearly were not. I dont count paying attention to the media as being tainted though. If you watch the news and recite talking points without doing any personal research I could go with that. Also, the FBI investigation is the most credible information available about Zimmerman to the general public at present. And its the FBI....lol. Its not some random news source, it holds a lot of weight.

I am not going to stoop so low as to argue what my intent was with you. Reread the first page. If that isn't clear enough, i'm sorry. I hope you can work that out yoruself.

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 10:58 PM
link   
reply to post by bigfatfurrytexan

Im not arguing intent, im telling you what your words portray. It may not have been your intention but its what happened. There is nothing to argue. Also, just decided to go back and find your first post. Here it is:

Originally posted by bigfatfurrytexan
Every person has a right to a fair trial. Mr. Zimmerman, however, is an exception. At this point, there is no such thing as a fair trial. The media, in their own public trial, has made a mockery out of the rule of law.

I don't agree with Zimmermans initial approach....but when the moment came to fire the fatal shot, it sounds like he had no choice. And when I see pictures of him, he looks like a guy that was getting his butt kicked. Basically, according to Zimmerman, Martin was working him over real good, and then noticed the concealed weapon and went for it. Is there anything in the evidence that does not support this?

You start out defending and victimizing the man. Funny enough though, your reasons for defending him stem from things were released by the media. LOL. You are tainted!
edit on 22-8-2012 by acmpnsfal because: (no reason given)

edit on 22-8-2012 by acmpnsfal because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join