It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

heres what we should all do an experiment

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 31 2004 @ 02:50 PM
link   
Hello, very good Discussion/conversation here!! My majjor compliments to Elementalsage, and another major compliment to Lady V for the comment below, after a person was trying to again insult elementalsage.

You are rude and insulting. There are other ways that the intelligent can get a point across besides being hurtful! What's wrong with you!?

Anyways here is what i am going to post, these abilities are real to you people who are coming in and saying they arent, just because you have been raised your whole life to believe there is no such thing as the supernatural, that doesnt meen a thing!! Your wrong, there is, you just have never heard of it or seen it before.
Since the goal of this thread was partly to try to learn everyy amazing ability a person can do i think yoou will like what i am about to post.
In hinduism and Buddhism they have known about these amazing abilities since the beginnings of both religions. What i am going to post is something posted by another friend of mine previously in another website, its long so i will put it in a separate reply. In hinduism they believe that when a person, commonly called a yogi, beccause the eprson does yoga, which is very reccomended for spiritually evolving it helps extending your life span and in keeping you healthy. What i am going to post has to do with Siddhis in hinduism, literally superhuman abilities attained when a yogi has reached the highest level of spiritual evolution. There are 8 major Siddhis, and some 30 other minor Siddhis i believe. However i only know some of them. It will give you a good idea of the amazing abilites anyone can learn to do.
Dani

posted on Dec, 31 2004 @ 03:01 PM
link   
Hello, here's the other post!!! Enjoy!!
EIGHT MAJOR SIDDHIS
An accomplished, Purnayogi in the path of Kundalini Yoga is in possession of eight major
Siddhis, viz., Anima, Mahima, Laghima, Garima, Prapti, Prakamya, Vasitvam and I#vam.
1. Anima: The Yogi can become as minute as he pleases.
2. Mahima: This is the opposite of Anima. He can become as big as he likes. He can make
his body assume a very large size. He can fill up the whole universe. He can assume a Virat
Svarupa.
3. Laghima: He can make his body as light as cotton or feather. Vayustambhanam is done
through this Siddhi. In Jalastambhanam also the power is exercised to a very small degree. The
body is rendered light by Plavini Pranayama. The Yogi produces a diminution of his specific
gravity by swallowing large draughts of air. The Yogi travels in the sky with the help of this Siddhi.
He can travel thousands of miles in a minute.
4. Garima: This is the opposite of Laghima. In this the Yogi acquires an increase of specific
gravity. He can make the body as heavy as a mountain by swallowing draughts of air.
5. Prapti: The Yogi standing on the earth can touch the highest things. He can touch the sun
or the moon or the sky. Through this Siddhi the Yogi attains his desired objects and supernatural
powers. He acquires the power of predicting future events, the power of clairvoyance,
clairaudience, telepathy, thought-reading, etc. He can understand the languages of the beasts and
birds. He can understand unknown languages also. He can cure all diseases.
6. Prakamya: He can dive into the water and can come out at any time he likes. The late
Trilinga Swami of Benares used to live for six months underneath the Ganges. It is the process by
which a Yogi makes himself invisible sometimes. By some writers it is defined to be the power of
entering body of another (Parakaya Pravesh). Sri Sankara entered the body of Raja Amaruka of
Benares. Tirumular in Southern India entered the body of a shepherd. Raja Vikramaditya also did
this. It is also the power of keeping a youth-like appearance for any length of time. Raja Yayati had
this power.
7. Va#vam: This is the power of taming wild animals and bringing them under control. It
is the power of mesmerising persons by the exercise of will and of making them obedient to one’s
own wishes and orders. It is the restraint of passions and emotions. It is the power to bring men,
women and the elements under subjection.
8. I#vam: It is the attainment of divine power. The Yogi becomes the Lord of the universe.
The Yogi who has this power can restore life to the dead. Kabir, Tulsidas, Akalkot Swami and
others had this power of bringing back life to the dead.

MINOR SIDDHIS
The Yogi acquires the following minor Siddhis also:
1. Freedom from hunger and thirst.
2. Freedom from the effects of heat and cold.
3. Freedom from Raga-Dvesha.
4. Doora Darshan, clairvoyance or Dooradrishti.
5. Doora Sravan, clairaudience or Doora Sruti and Doora Pravachana.
6. Mano-Jaya, control of mind.
7. Kama Rupa: The Yogi can take any form he likes.
8. Parakaya Pravesha: He can enter into another body, can animate a dead body and enter
into it by transferring his soul.
9. Iccha-Mrityu: Death at his will.
10. Devanam Saha Kreeda and Darshana: Playing with the gods after seeing them.
11. Yatha Sankalpa: Can get whatever he likes.
12. Trikala-Jnana: Knowledge of past, present and future.
13. Advandva: Beyond the pairs of opposites.
14. Vak-Siddhi: Whatever the Yogi predicts will come to pass by the practice of Satya,
Prophecy.
15. The Yogi can turn base metal into gold.
16. Kaya-Vyuha: Taking as many bodies as the Yogi likes to exhaust all his Karmas in one
life.
17. Darduri-Siddhi: The jumping power of a frog.
18. Patala-Siddhi: Yogi becomes Lord of desire, destroys sorrows and diseases.
19. He gets knowledge of his past life.
20. He gets knowledge of the cluster of stars and planets.
21. He gets the power of perceiving the Siddhas.
22. He gets mastery of the elements (Bhuta Jaya), mastery of Prana (Prana Jaya).
23. Kamachari: He can move to any place he likes.
24. He gets omnipotence and omniscience.
25. Vayu-Siddhi: The Yogi rises in the air and leaves the ground.
26. He can point out the place where a hidden treasure lies.
"KUNDALINI YOGA By SRI SWAMI SIVANANDA"

It is wise to practice your psychic abilities for the good of humanity. But psychic abilities are not everything as tempting as they may be! Do not loose your focus from your true target, God- realization.

The text above may be from a hinduistic book but these powers exist in all human beings, of all religions.

Specifically, remote viewing is the effect of opening your "third eye" meaning that the ajna chakra (ajna=wisdom) is working properly in a human being.

There are several techiques to achieve this.

The discussion that was going on in the other forum was about remote viewing.
Best wishes,
Dani

posted on Jan, 2 2005 @ 05:08 PM
link   
Talk people!! This is a good thread keep the discussion going!!!

Best wishes,
Dani

posted on Jan, 2 2005 @ 09:19 PM
link   
I'm sure we could do just about anything, if we really decided to do so. Your ultimate power lies within the spirit, not the brain as some would think. The spirit is superior to the body, and is not part of the body. The spirit is who you actually are. Hear is an experement, close your eyes, think of a picture of a cat. You got the picture? Good. Allright, who is looking at the cat?

You've heard of out of body experience. This is just a little more proof that the spirit is not part of the body. People are actually outside of their body and still observing and thinking during this time. You will notice that people who have had this experience, sometimes describe being over themsleves looking down, and seeing themselves, as an example. They were fully concious despite the fact that their body along with their brain is down there, on an operating table or something. The mind is also not part of the body. Past lives can also help prove this, along with out of body experiences. If all of your memories are within the brain, then how does someone remember a past life while they are in a new body, with a new brain. This is slightly off topic, but this will hopefully help one realize where your greatest power lies. I wouldn't look too deep for supernatural powers in the brain. Powers like telepathy come from you, the spirit. Hope I have helped some on this forum.

Be sure to use your powers for good, ok.

Much love,

Troy

posted on Jan, 2 2005 @ 09:53 PM
link   
Elementalsage, be careful. I don't want this to sound like I am knocking your age, so, please don't take it that way. I think, as a teenager, you are very suceptible to many things. It worries me that you say you "hate being human".

You could open yourself up to things that are not so nice. I think being younger, makes one even more attractive to things that are not positive. Though may seem to be.

I believe people have abilities. I also believe they can be dangerous if done incorrectly.

posted on Jan, 11 2005 @ 02:14 PM
link   
as I said earlyer in a differnt post I am fine being human now. Its just the physical limitations that bug me every now and than. Also I have one new astro projection guide I found in a book at my school, but I refuse to post it just yet. Untill I can provide ways to keep ones self from all the dangers of AP I wont post it

posted on Jan, 11 2005 @ 02:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by elemtalsage
as I said earlyer in a differnt post I am fine being human now. Its just the physical limitations that bug me every now and than. Also I have one new astro projection guide I found in a book at my school, but I refuse to post it just yet. Untill I can provide ways to keep ones self from all the dangers of AP I wont post it

but you cannot guard yourself when you're not there to guard yourself. The problem is that you're leaving. Any vice where you lose control is inviting danger in one form or another. Protect your mind.

posted on Jan, 11 2005 @ 02:38 PM
link   
Whats double talk??? is that repeating what I have said before and repeating it

posted on Jan, 11 2005 @ 03:50 PM
link   
I meant my phrase: "but you cannot guard yourself when you're not there to guard yourself."

It sounds like I'm double talking, but trying to say that you can't protect your body and mind when you're not there...when you're out of yourself in the oobe.

[edit on 11-1-2005 by saint4God]

posted on Jan, 11 2005 @ 07:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by cybertroy
I'm sure we could do just about anything, if we really decided to do so. Your ultimate power lies within the spirit, not the brain as some would think. The spirit is superior to the body, and is not part of the body. The spirit is who you actually are. Hear is an experement, close your eyes, think of a picture of a cat. You got the picture? Good. Allright, who is looking at the cat?

You've heard of out of body experience. This is just a little more proof that the spirit is not part of the body. People are actually outside of their body and still observing and thinking during this time.
Troy

We appreciate your attempt for help troy, however i believe evryone already knew this info. about these abilities coming from your true self, your spirit. However thankyou anyways, no offense intended or anything okay. Someone who doesnt know will probably read it and it will help them.

By the way, astral projections have a tendency to increase other supernatural abilites, such as telepathy, or even ones meditative state.

However over all of these abilities i recommend that you put your meditation above all, even if you do not realize how precious meditation is, don't bother rushing to be some superhero(and im not just talking to elementalsage ppl. age is nothing compared to the age of ones soul). Ive met 9 year olds with more maturity than some 21 year old men and women ive met in my life.
Best wishes,
Dani

posted on Jul, 31 2007 @ 03:03 PM
link   
this thread would have ben a really good idea its just ppl kept gettin off topic way to much

posted on Feb, 4 2009 @ 10:43 PM
link   
you will get any one siddhi out of eight if u complete
om namo bhagawate vasudevaya mantra for one coror time

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join