It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Curiosity Rover Photo of Pyramid Formation on Mars

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 12:10 AM
link   

This was taken from Space.com of the Rover Curiosity from its photos collection so far from Mars.

If you will look into the upper left corner NE you will see a formation that is pyramidal in shape. I do not know if that is what it is. However, understand that Mother Nature, rarely makes formations that are geometric in shape. This has the classic pyramid walls from the top of it to the bottom, and the base of the formation also appears to be in geometric form.

Only if the rover will drive closer and take more photos can we be sure or debunk it as an optical effect of the lens, weather, sunlight, rock formation, etc. This is a long distance from the rover. The Crater Hale is larger in size than the combined mileage of Connecticut and Rhode Island combined, so they say.

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 12:12 AM
link   
Slide 32 of 37

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 12:23 AM
link   
Explanation: Embedding the picture ...

Personal Disclosure: I hope that helps.

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 12:28 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 12:30 AM
link   

Kinda-Sorta?
edit on 21-8-2012 by CaptainBeno because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 12:33 AM
link   
I spotted this earlier myself...

I couldn't help it. Sorry. In all seriousness it does kind of resemble a pyramid bu tit is difficult to tell if it is just part of the mountain range or maybe a dune? Either way, I am enjoying looking at all the different things folks are finding in these pics.

I'd bet dollars to doughnuts that most ATS members kicked arse when it came to Where's Waldo!!

edit on 8/21/2012 by Kangaruex4Ewe because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 12:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Kangaruex4Ewe

That picture makes my head hurt.

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 12:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Phage
reply to post by Kangaruex4Ewe

That picture makes my head hurt.

I found it earlier doing a google search and didn't even realize it flashed like that until I posted it. They could have left that part out for sure.

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 02:07 AM
link   
You found terrain good job.

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 02:33 AM
link   
Check out slide 8 - looks for the world like an imprint of a fish fossil! I can see it's lil fins and everything!

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 02:34 AM
link   
reply to post by CaptainBeno

NOW I see what you're talking about! Thanks for the zoom!

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 08:49 PM
link   
Thank you all for not trying to destroy me.
I'm using my analytical skills the air force taught me a long time ago to look for things that do not immediately stand out, or are attempting to be hidden.

Yes, I know its a far reach, but the only way to debunk it is for the rover to get closer and take more pics from various locations of the same spot.

Thanks for getting the pic up, I have it saved on my computer but could not get it uploaded.

There is something about crater gale in previous photos I looked over from the Euro Mars photographing mission, cant remember exactly what, but there is something there that caught my eye.

However Crater Halle is the one where there may be things they do not wish to discuss.

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 08:59 PM
link   
reply to post by davolobos

If I had a dollar left in my pocket I would check and see how closely in the zoom it resembles the one printed there.

Which reminds me of this thread
www.abovetopsecret.com...
Fun times....go find some more stuff

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 02:35 AM
link   
It's a hill or mount which under the angle looks like a pyramid, it's natural. Just like the pharaoh picture and the smiley face, and the big foot, and the mask face, it's all natural formations.
edit on 22-8-2012 by Imtor because: (no reason given)

top topics

join