It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man arrested at Best Buy for paying in $2 bills

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 10:00 AM
link   
reply to post by DrumsRfun

Originally posted by DrumsRfun

I just have a different opinion than you guys.
I see the guy as a jerk.

What exactly is your opinion, in regards to the appropriate punishment that should be received by a perpetrator, after having been arrested, tried, and convicted of committing the heinous act of Felony-Jerkory?

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 10:04 AM
link   
Well he has a lawsuit if he chooses.

I get 2 dollar bills from my bank every Christmas to fill the stocking for the children. My Grandma started it! Funny, all these little things just keep adding up.

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 10:05 AM
link   
I know I would have made them look like idiots from the cashier to the manager and the dumb cop......

Are these people frickin morons?

But then again all you have to do today is pass a drug test and your qualified even though your dumb as a sack of bricks....

and the cops had to call the treasury to look at them .. LMFAO

The real question is who has the lower IQ, The cop or all of the Best Buy employees?

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 10:05 AM
link   
reply to post by ReadyPower

Why is everyone here only condemning Best Buy?? Sure they are idiots for not recognizing that a $2 bill is legal tender.....

BUT what about the cops?? When they heard the complaint, they ACTUALLY cuffed the guy and took him off to JAIL!!!

The dumbass officers didn't even know that a $2 bill is legal tender either??

WHAT IN THE HELL IS THIS WORLD COMING TO????

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 10:11 AM
link   
How Absurd. I have a bunch of $2 bills, the cool ones are the 1963 c series $2 bills with the Red ink printed on them, they have a little bit more value than the others, and I would not spend those, eventually they may be worth something, thats is of course if money is goingto be worth anything in years to come, Come On Federal Reserve. Print, Print, Print

Notice the words on the Bill, (This is legal tender for all Debts Public and Private). Hmmmmmm

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 10:22 AM
link   
This article was actually published 04/07/2005. It's about 7 years old... -_-.

But even still, dumb a** people should have used a little common sense, when dealing with his $2 bills.

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 10:24 AM
link   

This is kinda hard to believe! I can clearly remember carrying $2 bills in my wallet for a good luck piece. I still have one. this does remind me of an indecent that I was involved in. Right after I was disabled, I parked my car in a handicap parking space, and went in for coffee. I didn't have the blue card yet, but I did have the permit, which the lady at DMV told me would work just fine. The parking space was for 2 hour parking. After about 20 minutes, our local parking cop came by, marking tires, I didn't think anything about it. But when I went out to my car, there was a $3 parking ticket on my windshield. So, to protest, I walked across the street to a bank and exchanged 3 one dollar bills for 300 pennies. I broke down the penny rolls and put them all into a paper lunch sack, and walked over to the Courthouse basement, where tickets are paid.

I walked in and asked the desk cop where I should pay my parking ticket. He didn't even look up, just pointed to a locked metal box on the wall with a money slot. So, I opened the bag and fed in several pennies. He looked up then. "Hey!" he yelled, "you can't put pennies in there!" So I took my bag of pennies and walked over to his desk. I took the bag and carefully spilled all of those pennies on his desk. He look at me with fire in his eyes, and I calmly said, "That is legal tender, and my payment, it's all there."

I never got another parking ticket in that town.

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 10:46 AM
link   
Time for that guy to get a good lawyer.
Sue best buy and the police dept.
And then retire on the settlement.

It's a shame that's what you have to do nowadays.
but IMO stupidity should be painful.

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 10:49 AM
link   

Agreed.
What the hell does 9/11 have anything at all to do with the novelty of the 2 dollar bill.........9/11 is becoming a "Grand Cliche"

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 10:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ook33
I hope he sues this pathetic company and gets compensated for the undeserved shame they brought on him in front of customers he may have known.

Well 7 years later you would think he would have.

But no.

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 10:57 AM
link   
I am actually surprised that they knew what currency even was...WorstBuy hires incompetent morons, why?
Because that is what the schools are pumping out these days!

See the movie Idiocracy…it explains a lot!

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 11:02 AM
link   
It seems completely ludacris to me that they handcuffed this guy to a pole. Isn't it his right to be able to leave if a reason for apprehension is not presented. They could claim the reason would be suspicion of counterfeiting but considering the employee should have been aware of how to examine the bills properly he could have saved everyone a lot of trouble...Also Why handcuff the guy when you arrive at the scene? It seems to me that the employee would have to contact a manager with his suspicion and then call the police in which time the guy could have ran but remained in the BestBuy and waited for the police!

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 11:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by KaiserSoze

Originally posted by ReadyPower

Bolesta says the cashier marked each bill with a pen. Other store employees began to gather, a few of them asking, “Are these real?”

“Of course they are,” Bolesta said. “They’re legal tender.”

SAD

None of the Best Buy employees were intelligent enough to know these were legal bills and avoid calling the police.

MORE SAD

The police were even less intelligent than the Best Buy employees and proceeded to arrest this man for attempting to spend legal bills.

The employees should be ashamed of their stupidity, however I don't expect too much from them. The police should be far more ashamed though, arrest someone for spending cash? How would you even write that report? What about the others involved, Cop:"I'm bringing in this bad guy for spending $2 bills". Dispatcher; "OK we'll have a pole waiting for you to chain that dirtbag to". I know police only study a fraction as much as a typical hairdresser does but come on.

How many points between the man pulling out the $2 bills and him being chained to a pole were there that someone even slightly above the level of "Village Idiot" could have intervened and prevented this?

edit on 21-8-2012 by KaiserSoze because: I can count to potato

edit on 21-8-2012 by KaiserSoze because: My favorite color is marbles

What is sad is that you and so many others think this has anything to with bills being $2 notes. Its does not. They happened to be $2 bills but that has nothing to do with why they were thought to counterfit. Honestly is ATS so easly fooled by a title that almost nobody even reads the article? All this calling other people idiots when the people doing so have no idea what they are talking about is beyond sad.

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 11:31 AM
link   
reply to post by MrSpad

What is sad is that you and so many others think this has anything to with bills being $2 notes. Its does not. They happened to be $2 bills but that has nothing to do with why they were thought to counterfit. Honestly is ATS so easly fooled by a title that almost nobody even reads the article? All this calling other people idiots when the people doing so have no idea what they are talking about is beyond sad.

Agreed
The issue was were they counterfit not that a $2 bill exists.

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 12:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by ReadyPower
Just another example of our future 'leaders'.. ignorant people.. how do you work somewhere where you deal with money every day and NOT know $2 bills are legal tender?? I knew this when I was like, 8.

Oh

Ugh, it's threads like these that caused me to take a long break from this site.
You all sit on your high horse judging others.
When really, you're the dumb people. It's pretty obvious from the story that the clerk knew that $2 bills are legal tender. The ink smeared on one of the bills when they tested it.
"Secret Service agent Leigh Turner eventually arrived and declared the bills legitimate, adding, according to the police report, “Sometimes ink on money can smear.”

and to the person I quoted, you really think people working at Best Buy are the leaders of tomorrow?

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 12:03 PM
link   
Yes, two dollar bills exist.

And, ludacris is a rapper.

Ludicrous is a word that a lot of people can't seem to spell.

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 12:13 PM
link   
Now, he has a case against the cops for false arrest, as well as the store.

I'd hire a good attorney and sue.

Just my opinion.

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 12:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Maluhia

My work's brand new computer software has a way to count $2 bills and 50 cent pieces. As long as it's legal tender, it should be on the register, somewhere.

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 12:59 PM
link   
You guys are missing the big picture...once word gets out at that store we can print up $3 bills and they'll be too embarrassed to admit they didn't know about them either!

I can see my 80 inch flat screen TV now ... gotta go buy some toner

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 12:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by anton74
Op, you forgot to copy and paste the part were they noticed smeared ink on the bills. This is a non-story.

Yes and where he told them
"Said Bolesta: “I told them, ‘I’m a tour operator. I’ve got thousands of these bills. I get them from my bank. You got a problem, call the bank.’ I’m sitting there in a chair. The store’s full of people watching this. All of a sudden, he’s standing me up and handcuffing me behind my back, telling me, ‘We have to do this until we get it straightened out.’

So old or not it stinks, they only had to call the bank not handcuff the guy and all the rest. there is the story.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join