It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chevron refinery fire a Close Call

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 12:04 AM
link   

Chevron refinery fire a

www.sfgate.com

Last week, the federal agency reached an agreement with state occupational safety investigators to preserve evidence as the investigation proceeds. Moure-Eraso said he was eager to get beyond criticism by Cal/OSHA investigators in social media that accused the safety board of "grandstanding."

Read more: www.sfgate.com...
(visit the link for the full news article)

edit on 21-8-2012 by hoochymama because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 12:04 AM
link   
This is crazy. If I owned a Corporation and an Industrial Accident of this size happened OSHA would not take "sorry" as an excuse. I guess since its Chevron "Sorry" works.

How is this even possible?? Everyone in California who runs a business knows that OSHA could be the downfall of your business if you dont follow the rules.

Shouldn't there be some kind of Fine that is beyond extreme to prove a point?? Almost like a Ron Artest fine or suspension when an athlete does something so extreme they get the worst penalty ever just to prove the point?? SMU death penalty ring a bell to anyone??

The Corruption in California (AKA the US) is very disturbing especially with the Economic times that we are going through right now and a Company who has reaped record profits over the last 10+ years should not have a problem paying a multi billion dollar fine.

www.sfgate.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 01:30 AM
link   
Yeah... I'm sure they won't have any problem paying mutli-billion dollar fines.

We'll all be paying that at the pump for a decade to come. The People's Republic of California has some of the most chicken, vicious and snotty little bean counters anywhere on Earth. I'll bet even the Chinese have warnings to their business people about so much as annoying a California bean counter. Their system is pretty lax by comparison.

This opinion is as an owner operator running in and out of California for a couple years and as a trucker over all for 15 years. I don't like the Oil companies very much but pushing them to pass even MORE onto what I absolutely have to pay just to get business done is not what I'd call sticking it to them. I'd call it something like going hunting with one of these.....

The feelings are in the right place, it's the function and effect that just....seems a little backward.

join