It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Flu vaccine - is it safe???

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 12 2004 @ 03:16 PM
link   
all i hear is good press about the flu jab - any bad info i should know about that my doctor wont tell me? is it safe? any side effects? like i said all i find is it is good for you info

thankyou

posted on Oct, 12 2004 @ 03:30 PM
link   
I wouldnt take it if you paid me to.

However I guess you would have to figure it out yourself..

considering half the flu vacine was contaminated with the Flu, I donno, how do we know the other half isnt...

Then again its in massive shortage as they say, so if you are healthy I doubt you would be getting it, I hear they throw people in jail now for getting a shot...

anyway do some research on it and see what you come up with..

posted on Oct, 12 2004 @ 04:06 PM
link   
My 3 year old (healthy) twins had the shot last week. A few days later they ended up with a full blown case of the flu. The Pediatrician who advised that they get the vaccine said that it was the first year she had not gotten any complaints about the shot causing people to get the flu. My twins were the first lucky ones I guess.

I don't know how much I blame the flu shot vs. the twins' genetic make-up. When they were 2 and had the chickenpox immunization we were pretty shocked to discover that within a few days of the immunization both of them woke up covered in chickenpox, high fevers, extreme itching, etc. It was horrible. The Pediatrician told us less than .001% of the population gets chicken pox from the vaccine and here my identical twins happened to be in that miniscule percentage.

I will not be taking my other two children to get the flu vaccine and my husband and I don't plan on getting it. I don't know what to advise you other than consult your Doctor and see what he recommends.

Jemison

posted on Oct, 12 2004 @ 04:13 PM
link   
it is my parents that are getting it - im just concerned because they are both quite ill already, my mum and dad mean the world to me and any mediction they have recieved in the past has never really helped them, my mother had a brain tumour about 10 years ago and she suspects that all the medication she was on made her worse

posted on Oct, 13 2004 @ 12:41 AM
link   
I don't know if there is a connection or not..but we had my 97 year old Mother in law vaccinated last Wednesday. Monday morning she was admitted to the hospital with pneumonia and is not expected to make it. I found it interesting that one of the first questions asked was: have you had the flu vaccine and how recently was it? Since there are no cases of flu being reported here, I wondered if there might be a problem with the vaccine.
joey

posted on Oct, 13 2004 @ 12:56 AM
link   
I`ve had a flu shot every year for the last 18 years. Never once have I had side effects from it and never did I catch the flu!!! I got the odd cold, yes, but never the full bown, high fever flu which keeps you bound to bed for a week or so. In the instructions/dosage paper however, it says that it could cause a very slight fever after innoculation - shouldn`t worry about it too much.

posted on Oct, 13 2004 @ 01:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by joey
I don't know if there is a connection or not..but we had my 97 year old Mother in law vaccinated last Wednesday. Monday morning she was admitted to the hospital with pneumonia and is not expected to make it. I found it interesting that one of the first questions asked was: have you had the flu vaccine and how recently was it? Since there are no cases of flu being reported here, I wondered if there might be a problem with the vaccine.
joey

What a coincidence. I found out this evening that my Mom, who's been hospitalized with renal failure, was given a flu shot today and now she's doing even worse than just prior to the shot. I do attribute this recent sudden decline to the vaccine.

I've worked for three Naturopathic Doctors and one Doctor of Traditional Chinese Medicine in the last 15 years. I've heard too many horror stories from patients past and present regarding vaccines of any type. Personally I'd never get one. And I'm of the opinion that contrary to what's said about it...vaccines are dangerous to persons with already weakened immune systems. The practice of injecting newborns with healthy immune systems and elderly persons with weakened immune systems with vaccines is dangerous and crimminal...in my opinion.

I've met numerous Pharmaceutical Reps over the years who shared stories about how MANY medical doctors they dealt with would not have their own children vaccinated. I think that speaks volumes about the risks associated with vaccines. I've found it difficult to deal with Medical Doctors since. I figure if they fear their own medicine...then so should I.

posted on Oct, 13 2004 @ 01:55 AM
link   
i'll put the link below, there are many links to info.
please feel free to post. i hope to find more about the vac.,
some of the posts deal with ? About the vacs and whats
happing in diff places. ant info you add would be cool, thanks,
F161

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Oct, 13 2004 @ 12:09 PM
link   
Statistically, you can make a case for the influenza vaccine; more people avoid the flu by having the shot than are sickened by getting it.

I got flu shots twice in the past ten years and didn't get the flu either time; of the eight times I didn't get the shot; I didn't have the flu six times.

So for me, I can say that not getting the flu shot helps but not that much; since we're not getting the vaccine, I'm not going to get the shot (although my wife is, being an RN) and I'm not worried about passing it up.

posted on Oct, 13 2004 @ 12:14 PM
link   
Please add any further thoughts or questions to the following thread. Thanks all�

Flu Vaccine

Sorry Thread Closed

top topics

join