It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mitt Romney...A Mormon Bishop???

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 12:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by blamethegreys

So to be afraid of a "church leader" becoming president in this case probably isn't an issue. Romney isn't a preacher in the sense you might think. Sure he stood at a podium and spoke on religious topics, but his service to the church points to accomplishments in non-profit administration and organizational management, thousands of hours of volunteer service, and human relations/personal counseling experience. If anything, it ought to point to a more human, organic facet of the mega-bazillionaire.

Yes - - - listen to this person.

I was Mormon for 5 years.

Finding or trusting anything on the Net to be accurate about Mormons is almost non-existent.

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 10:03 PM
link   
To the point someone made about Mitt's "memory".

He was involved in a fatal car accident when he was in France as a missionary. The wife of the mission president was killed instantly, and Mitt himself was declared dead at the scene by the first police to arrive. Turns out he was in a coma for 2-3 days and took nearly a year to recover. When he returned to the States, Ann said he 'was a different person'. Maybe this is why he can't remember all the 'pranks' he was involved in as a teenager, but it really does call into question either his neurological issues, if any (notice how he can't say 'I' without stuttering?) and also memory issues.

Or he's lying about what he remembers because it's easier than admitting to felonious behavior, both holding that kid down and cutting off his hair, or impersonating a police officer. There's also the issue when he was running for Governor of Mass. and lied for quite a long time about which state he had filed as a resident of. Turns out while he was saying he had filed as a resident of Mass, he was busily changing his tax returns to change the fact that he had filed as a Utah resident during the previous years. This is a standard and obvious first requirement for running for governor - being a resident of the state. He asked people to 'trust him' like he's doing now with his tax returns, but it took a lawsuit by the Democratic party at the time to unearth the truth.

These are not the actions of a moral person, they're the actions of someone without a true conscience.

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 12:09 AM
link   
reply to post by signalfire

And still he's better than the communist obozo running the country.

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 12:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Happy1
reply to post by signalfire

And still he's better than the communist obozo running the country.

I really hate stupid.

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 09:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by OutKast Searcher

Originally posted by CynicalDrivel
reply to post by TheLieWeLive

That same tree was barked up for Catholics. Nearly cost them the right to vote, in this country. History, just keeps repeating itself.

What tree was barked up???

I'm not sure what you think is going on, but I would be curious to know.

It's simple. He is saying your post exhibits bigotry.
2nd line.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join