It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Netanyahu ‘determined to attack Iran’ before US elections, claims Israel’s Channel 10

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 08:45 PM
link   
Just another news story about Netanyahu, YAHOOOOOO!, threatening to strike Iran again. You know, people pick on Iran's Ahmadinejad but does anyone call Netanyahu out when he makes threats like this? I find it odd that American and Israeli intelligence agencies still report that Iran has no nuke and isn't building one, but yet these politicians are still pushing war. A strike from Israel on Iran, could you think of a worse time? If this attack was to come to fruition I believes it's strictly political. Let's also think about Iraq and the lie of WMD's. Come to think of it, I guess Israel is just following in America's Gov't footsteps because no one has been reprimanded, suspended, fired, or brought up on charges for the false war on Iraq so why not strike Iran? Since we're talking about false wars lets throw Vietnam in there as well.

We need change, not more war.
Netanyahu. Check out what he tells the reporter in this article. He makes the threat he plans to strike very soon and he doubts Obama could say anything to make them delay. Delay? This man needs to be removed immediately.

www.timesofisrael.com...

Israel’s Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu “is determined to attack Iran before the US elections,” Israel’s Channel 10 News claimed on Monday night, and Israel is now “closer than ever” to a strike designed to thwart Iran’s nuclear drive.

The TV station’s military reporter Alon Ben-David, who earlier this year was given extensive access to the Israel Air Force as it trained for a possible attack, reported that, since upgraded sanctions against Iran have failed to force a suspension of the Iranian nuclear program in the past two months, “from the prime minister’s point of view, the time for action is getting ever closer.”

Asked by the news anchor in the Hebrew-language TV report how close Israel now was to “a decision and perhaps an attack,” Ben-David said: “It appears that we are closer than ever.”

He said it seemed that Netanyahu was not waiting for a much-discussed possible meeting with US President Barack Obama, after the UN General Assembly gathering in New York late next month — indeed, “it’s not clear that there’ll be a meeting.” In any case, said Ben-David, “I doubt Obama could say anything that would convince Netanyahu to delay a possible attack.

edit on 20-8-2012 by Swills because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 08:55 PM
link   
I guess anything less than bold threatening stances and claims could be considered a weakness by many enemy combatants in the Middle East? I am with you, enough with these wars, but maybe the rhetoric has to be maintained for some type of strategic impression or effect?
edit on 20-8-2012 by speculativeoptimist because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 09:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Swills

From everything they are putting out in the media, sure sounds like they are determined to kick this off, and sooner rather than later.

I just don't understand why they are telegraphing their intentions so clearly. You'd think it would be less than advantageous to have your opponent know when an attack was coming.

Serious posturing and saber-rattling, or are they just that confident?

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 09:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by speculativeoptimist
I guess anything less than bold threatening stances and claims could be considered a weakness by many enemy combatants in the Middle East? I am with you, enough with these wars, but maybe the rhetoric has to be maintained for some type of strategic impression or effect?

You may be right but the cat is out of the bag.
A bully can only tell their victim "I'm gonna beat you up", so many times before the victim calls the bluff.
Seeing is how The terrorist regime of israel has been saying "time is up"! forever, I guess time never was up.
The terrorists just want the US to do their dirty work again, war is not popular anymore.
I just hope if the terrorist israelis do attack, the US stays out of it but Irans allies get involved.
Now that is a product not made in the US I could invest in, israeli glass!!!

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 09:09 PM
link   
reply to post by VariableConstant

It's not going to happen.

They will not be preemptive, they are trying to force Iran's arm in a direction it does not want to to be forced.

More than likely to be a defensive attack.

Not whilst USA is now trolling the Syria WMD tone over the tube.

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 09:14 PM
link   
reply to post by speculativeoptimist

There is that perspective but I doubt that's it. Israel looks anything but weak in the Middle East. I mean history will show you that, you can look at the 6 day war or Operation Cast Lead, and much more. I doubt any county in this world considers Israel weak if they didn't constantly make threats. In fact, I look at someone who constantly makes threats as weak, not strong. But yeah, enough of these conflicts, I'm done. Game over. No more continuations. Let's move on and try something else, like peace.

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 09:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by CaptainBeno

It's not going to happen.

They will not be preemptive, they are trying to force Iran's arm in a direction it does not want to to be forced.

I would tend to agree with you, Cap'n.

Doesn't make much sense to flood the media with the "we're gonna get you!" talk, and give away their plans. Certainly they would not be so foolhardy and overconfident as to pin down a date when the attack will start.

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 09:21 PM
link   
Just more rhetoric from one side.

I'm sure they'll be more from Iran shortly.

I hope they keep the saber rattling going until one of them has a civil revolution of throws out both of these corrupt governments.

~Tenth

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 09:22 PM
link   

You make a good point, why let the enemy know you're coming? In traditional war that's absolutely true but its no secret that Israel's politicians have been beating the war drums for years and make lots of empty threats, but you never know, one day they may get their wish. As for now, yes this is all propaganda to sway the masses. Hitler did the same thing when he was rising to power. To get his propaganda heard he would bring huge speakers into German towns and villages so the people could hear him speak. He later went to the radio manufacturers and wanted them to lower their prices so more people could afford radios because who wants to lug big ole speakers around? Propaganda is nothing new and has been going on for quite a while, in America especially. Again, hello war on Vietnam & Iraq! Problem is, eventually these politicians get their way and that's because they're so damn persistent!

edit on 20-8-2012 by Swills because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 09:27 PM
link   
reply to post by g146541

That's true, sometimes the victim fights back, and let's be honest Iran is no innocent victim here and they've been doing their dirty tricks just like the rest of the world. I wouldn't only pick on Israel's Gov't as being run by terrorists, what Gov't can't we throw under that umbrella? I do agree they all need to be removed, and there in lies the problem.

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 09:40 PM
link   
Israel isn't going to do anything. How many times has Benny said they are about to attack Iran and then backs off of his comment. The only way Israel will invade Iran is if they are hiding behind American soldiers. Besides Benny has said they don't need Americas help so let's see if they can man up and do it by themselves.

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 09:44 PM
link   
reply to post by buster2010

It's not wise to goad fanatics into making good on theirs words. I don' think Americans are going to get involved in this. It would never go over on the national scene so close to the election among other things like the state of the economy.

But I don't doubt Netanyahu's conviction about wanting to attack Iran, I doubt his timing. And rushing him to his delusional finish line isn't an interest of mine.

~Tenth

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 09:50 PM
link   
Netan yahoo will order it.....hands down.....wether the rest of isreal wants it or not......
This is his crowning achievement and perhaps swansong.....the mans a megalomaniac
The IDF are the best.....no doubt, but they had better have another David in the crowd if they want to bring down this Goliath they are picking on.......Or if they bog down you and i know theyll pull the Sampson option out and use it.At that point there will be no other choice.....and the S will hit the fan.

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 10:25 PM
link   
Everything they say about ahmadenijad, that he is crazy, unstable, bloodthirsty, is basically a perfect description of netanyahoo.

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 10:46 PM
link   
reply to post by stirling

Iran is not a GOLIATH. Israel is Bitching because they have been Forbidden to attack Iran by the U.S. The U.S. is playing a waiting game and it is the best plan of action right now. Although Israel could Bomb Iranian Nuclear Sites...this would just shoot Radioactive Dust into the air and poison the whole Middle East.

Plus...only the United States has the Nuclear Fuel detection ability via Satellites and other means to actually KNOW with 100% Certainty where all Secret Iranian Nuclear Sites are located. Without this data...Israel could not be sure it has bombed every site...but Bombing a Nuclear Site is INSANE as the Radioactive Dust would poison Israel as well. The ONLY way to resolve this issue is DISMANTLING these sites properly. This can be achieved several ways.

The Iranian Leadership Implodes as is predicted to happen in 11 to 12 Months and the New Pro-Democracy Movement trades dismantling of these sites for U.S. AID...or...The U.S. Military is Forced...by various scenarios...to seize Iranian Nuclear Sites and unless the U.S. Military decides to use Highly Secret Non-Nuclear EMP devices that would render the Iranian Military Inert...and a First Use of such a weapon for a purpose that does not involve a much larger scale Military action or WAR as the U.S. Military engaging the Iranian Military could hardly be called a WAR...but more like a Pro Sports Team playing against 1st Graders...use of Secret Non-Nuclear EMP's would be unlikely. So instead we have to hope that direct secret U.S. Military to Iranian Military Talks would work very much as they did in IRAQ as the Iranian Military Leadership has no desire to become a Sacrificial Pawn in a Game where the Old Religious Guard does not care about their own Military's KIA numbers but only cares about remaining in POWER! Thus a U.S. attack would be portrayed as a Zionist Controlled U.S. Military Invasion that must be repelled. The Hole in this Logic is that if the U.S. had to act to keep open shipping lanes...it would not stop until the Iranian Leadership was removed and all Iranian Nuclear Sites were seized and dismantled. The Iranian Leadership would give the U.S. the justification in that if a Country tries to Close the Worlds Energy Life Line...and that Country has broken the NPT Agreements and is subject to it's penalties under that Treaty...then that Country could NEVER BE ALLOWED TO BUILD NUCLEAR WEAPONS. I hope the Military Talks work because if Iranian Military Leadership does NOT STAND DOWN...it will be a BLOOD BATH! The U.S. Military would strike with a Lethal Ability NEVER BEFORE SEEN.

This would be directed ONLY at Iranian Military Targets and Leadership...but most of the Iranian Military is made up of CONSCRIPTED KIDS who don't want to be in the Military in the First Place. EVERY Iranian Naval Ship above or below water would be sunk. Every Iranian Aircraft. And since the U.S. would seize all Nuclear Sites by Airdropping in Special Forces and Rangers...B-2, B-1 and Massive Wings of B-52's in formation would OBLITERATE entire Iranian Divisions that would attempt a Counter Attack of the Seizing of their Nuclear Sites.

This would be HORRIFIC and is not in the best interest of the United States. And for any here who doubt this Military Disparity...google Russian Media coverage of what Russian Generals and Admirals have to say about such a War. EVERY SINGLE ONE INTERVIEWED by their own media have said...There is no comparison between any aspect of the Iranian Military and the Power of the U.S. Military. They all said it would be a great tragedy as well as something Iran should avoid at all costs. But if an Iranian Admiral follows SUICIDAL ORDERS and attempts to Close the Strait of Hormuz...the Russian Military Leadership all agreed...THE U.S. MILITARY WOULD BE FORCED TO ATTACK.

What I fear is that an 80 to 90 plus year Old Religious Fanatic near the end of his life...would order such an action that would Force the U.S. to React...and if Iran attempts it...they would not be allowed to attempt it again. Even CHINA has warned the Iranians as much. If they did attempt it...an enormous amount of young KIDS would die carrying out orders that would claim their lives without their having any real ability to fight back. Split Infinity

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 11:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Swills

True all of us have crappy governments, now if we could just stay within our own borders, mine included.
The way I see it, other countries are there for vacation travels, not shooting ranges.
But my agenda is bashing on israel any chance I can, they murdered my countrymen and got away with it.
It's the only real agenda I have, but I'm very upfront about it!

top topics

join