It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

School makes being a ghost not possible, Its Halloween, Gimme a Break.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 12 2004 @ 03:04 PM
link   
Ok so its coming up to the biggest day in most kids lives, where u can pick and choose who you want or would like to be, the kicker here is you have to be what they state, as in this paper my 5 yr old brought home from school.

It states this, you can not be any of these things.

a zombie, devil, scarey ghost, freddy krueger, jason, micheal, frankenstein, chuckie, dracula, werewolf, scream caracter, vampire, skeleton, a scary witch, grim reaper, alien, scar face(as in a scar on the face of any sort), headless horsemen, dead bride, glasses with the eyeballs that pop out, make up with blood, gremlins, demon, or bride of chuckie.

If you ask me that is just insane, when cant it be that you can be these things, a ghost... freddy.... even jason.. anyway they say WE MUST DO ehh??

IMage is of that paper.

P.S. To admin/Mod I am not sure where this goes, so I put it here, for it is news in one way or another.

posted on Oct, 13 2004 @ 12:11 AM
link   
Looks like there'll be a lot of kids dressed like this then ....

Seriously though, how much longer are we going to put up with this politically correct crap anyway ?

Here's an idea - lets get every kid to dress as Osama bin Laden - then next year the mindless school authorities will beg the kids to go back to being spooks, vampires, witches etc

posted on Oct, 13 2004 @ 08:20 AM
link   
That was always the case in my elementary school. Each year the 'mimeograph' letter would feature a list a bit longer to include whatever horror movies were released prior to Halloween. Even at that age I felt repressed! Once I got into trouble for coming as 'The Invisible Man' because it looked too much like a mummy. Must have been the sunglasses... :shk:

That's life growing up in the 'Bible Belt.'

posted on Oct, 13 2004 @ 08:30 AM
link   
They just cant goto school like that, right?
But they can still be whatever they want on their own time.

The school isnt trying to say "parents dont let your kids be this", because If they were, I would have to drug out of the school by the police while kicking and screaming.

Neither I, my mother, my father, nor any of the rest of my family have any respect for schools nowadays. They consider themselves God and Lord when it comes to the childrens lives. *growl*

posted on Oct, 13 2004 @ 08:51 AM
link   
My kids school doesn't allow any costumes on Halloween during the school day and I agree 100%. It is a distraction and unneccessary expense for parents who have to buy costumes just so that their kid "fit in", even if you don't give a # about Halloween.

AFter school, off school property, you are free to do as you please, dress as you want and celebrate as you want. But school is for learning, not for trick or treating.

Anyways Halloween is on a Sunday this year, so there should be NO halloween celebrations at school.

posted on Oct, 13 2004 @ 02:32 PM
link   
Its sad when that happens, let the kids be whatever they want as long as it cannot hurt someone else physically or is overrly violent. I hated mandatory Haloween costumes, it should be optional IMHO.

posted on Oct, 14 2004 @ 10:10 PM
link   
wow that live you with not a lout of choices. let me gess the student will come dress as a teacher and a student and the other way around. wow now that scary. or they could come dress as this ->

I do agree with you I think It a little much just to go to school

[Edited on 14-10-2004 by hughes28105]

posted on Oct, 14 2004 @ 10:45 PM
link   
They can be anything but traditional halloween characters! So much fun, let's dress them up in retarded television show character costumes!
stupid sh$t.

When it comes down to it, they really don't need to do anything in school for halloween... education system sucks as it is, why cause a distraction, as well as take time out of school for something that kids will either do after school, or not do at all.

posted on Oct, 15 2004 @ 01:12 AM
link   
I have to say a few things here I guess..

Ok, I didnt grow up in this crack ass town I live in now...

I grew up in the city, and when we had halloween in school we would be able to dress up as anything we wanted... But remember I am also 30 yrs old also...

So, me seeing this is like wtf is the point in doing something for halloween anyway, its not like u can dress as you want...

I asked my 5 yr old what he wanted to be for this school function, he said a ghost.. I had to tell him that he cant cause these idiots say you cant. So he goes how aboutr a fireman, I go you cant.. not allowed to have an axe.. cop... no cant gun... Then i go you can be a security gaurd...

he looked at me like I was cracked out.. partly do to the fact he has never heard of a security gaurd...

Anyway this town doesnt even do the trick or treat gig for some reason also.. I have to take my kids where i grew up to get candy if they wanted to go out...

But i guess they are doing this for school, but i wonder why its not like you can be anything cool.. maybe elmo or something...

posted on Oct, 15 2004 @ 11:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by ThichHeaded
P.S. To admin/Mod I am not sure where this goes, so I put it here, for it is news in one way or another.

Thats cool. We'll leave it until after the holiday and then move it into chitchat or something.

My opinion. I can see the argument against the fake knives,swords, and guns but its a bit out there to dictate the other aspects of the costume unless they are considered gorrish or vulgar. I have to wonder why they even need to take class time for such things. This, like all holidays, needs to be celebrated at home. Tax money needs to pay for teaching the basics not halloween parades.

posted on Oct, 15 2004 @ 08:55 PM
link   
That sux!
That school must be very up type.

posted on Oct, 18 2004 @ 06:16 PM
link   
Aliens!?!? Werewolves!?!?? Why did they ban that stuff? That doesn't even make any sense. Who's an aliens going to offend?

posted on Oct, 18 2004 @ 06:25 PM
link   
That is just insane. Its a halloween costume kids have to get used to them at one point. All they have to do if someone is scared is show that it is a normal person under the mask, etc.

But I agree with Pisky, get the kids dressed up as UBL or an Islamic militant and see what they say. Wait, I have an even better idea, John Kerry mask...wait too scary.

posted on Oct, 18 2004 @ 06:50 PM
link   
Actually It kind of makes sense depending on the age group. I remember I had to take my alien mask off because it scares some of the little ones. Which was odd because some of the 4 yrs old were pimps!?!

O yeah this hallowean Im going to be Michael Jackson HeHeHe

posted on Nov, 1 2004 @ 04:11 PM
link   
Typical political correct madness I've come to expect from the types of people who would become school administrators. I always thought they were wackjobs when I was a kid & now I know.

Yes, it is a distraction & that's what kid's need once and awhile.

No more Christmas or Halloween, take away the playgrounds, make them all wear the same clothes, no more 1st place ribbons for field day etc - anyone who supports that sucks in my book.

All the stupid, weak, ugly people support that stuff to try to bring others down to their lower level. They hate good looking people, high achievers, great athletes etc., because they & their offspring will never be one, so they do whatever they can to make us more like them.

posted on Nov, 1 2004 @ 04:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vegemite
O yeah this hallowean Im going to be Michael Jackson HeHeHe

Scary aint it?

top topics

join