It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are J. Assange and B. Manning the 2 witnesses of the book of Revelations?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 12:24 AM
link   
Explanation: S&F

No, I think it fairly obvious in the scripture posted that the witnesses cited in the Bible are witnesses of God, while Assange (have no idea who the other guy is) is clearly a witness of the "genius of Julian Assage", not of God. Spend ten minutes reading anything by or about this guy, and that becomes crystal clear.

Narcissists are most definitely not the witnesses of God.

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 02:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by MidnightTide
So one of the prophets is scared to come out of an embassy?

edit on 20-8-2012 by MidnightTide because: (no reason given)

For sure. I mean, what would a prophet have to be afraid of? We're usually pretty good to those guys, right? I agree with the above that I don't see arrogance as a quality of a prophet. I don't "believe" this (nor do I disbelieve it, per se). I'm just pointing out what I see to be a flaw in your logic.

Originally posted by James1982

Let me ask you a question, do you think the Bible only applies to people living in your western world? I ask this question, because I hope you realize that there are billions of people on this planet that you know nothing about. Meaning, there could (and most likely are) two people somewhere out there that are MUCH more likely to be the two witnesses from revelation than Julian Assange and Bradly Manning.

It just seems ridiculous to me that religious people are constantly trying to fit western pop culture figures into some characters from the Bible. This leads me to believe that such people think the only relevant people in the world, as far as the bible is concerned, are western folks that are on TV or in the news.

Why do all these people from the Bible have to be well known celebrity type folks?

I can understand your viewpoint. And I also sometimes find "western" arrogance to be extreme. However, consider the bible reassures us that "we" (people? the world? christians?) will SEE these things come to pass. As such, I think this necessitates a certain level of public exposure, if we're to accept "revelations" at all.
edit on 29-8-2012 by iwilliam because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 03:00 AM
link   
after "me tell you where um mammoth went for um go on your daughter/wife/goat", divine prophesy is the world's oldest con-job.

<< 1   >>

join