It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are J. Assange and B. Manning the 2 witnesses of the book of Revelations?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 08:10 PM
link   
Explanation:

For the purposes of this thread I will be using the KJV Bible and blueletterbible.org as references.

And also for the purposes of this thread you will agree that YHVH exists and the KJV Bible is his word.

The two witnesses ...

Revelations - Chapter 11 verse 3 [blueletterbible.org]

Rev 11:3 And I will give [power] unto my two witnesses, and they shall prophesy a thousand two hundred [and] threescore days, clothed in sackcloth.

Julian Assange [wiki]

Bradley Manning [wiki]

And God works in mysterious ways ...

2 Thessalonians - Chapter 2 verse 11-12 [blueletterbible.org]

2Th 2:11 And for this cause God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie:

2Th 2:12 That they all might be damned who believed not the truth, but had pleasure in unrighteousness.

And what was the truth? ...

WikiLeaks [wiki]

Personal Disclosure: Naysayers need not reply as it is a very flimsy premise but one I feel is worthwhile investigating deeply.

If any of my fellow ATS members can see any dots and or connections between Assange, Manning and the two witnesses that I may have overlooked I would like them to state their case for that.

Could the two most unlikely of prophets,... be Gods two prophets of the book of Revelations?

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 08:12 PM
link   
Nice thread OL. Good argument

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 08:13 PM
link   
Then what does that make Alex Jones

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 08:14 PM
link   
Your KJV Bible has the answer internally: the two witnesses are the OT and the NT.

Alex Jones? He's the witless...

edit on 20-8-2012 by Lazarus Short because: lah-de-dah

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 08:17 PM
link   
No. They aren't testifying of Christ. And as far as I know neither has called down fire from heaven.

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 08:34 PM
link   
If I had to say who they were my guess would be Jay Z and Kanye West. Thats one awesome cd.

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 08:37 PM
link   
So one of the prophets is scared to come out of an embassy?

edit on 20-8-2012 by MidnightTide because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 08:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Lazarus Short

Explanation: I am sure you can make a case for the OT and the NT being the two witnesses in another thread OK!

This thread is about seeing any dots and or connections between Assange, Manning and the two witnesses!

Personal Disclosure: What did the OP say about Naysaying ...

Naysayers need not reply as it is a very flimsy premise but one I feel is worthwhile investigating deeply.

Please stay on topic!

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 09:01 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 09:03 PM
link   
reply to post by NOTurTypical

Explanation: Since you can appreciate analogies and metaphors ...

Isn't Christ the representative of any and all truths ... due to being the 'Word' etc?

Does the name of Christ need to be invoked with every truthfull spoken word?

Could not all the online [heaven?] flamewars and flaming of the US, UK and Sweden be a metaphorical example of the two witnesses powers?

Personal Disclosure: I can see some dots and some connections and I am asking for help revealing other connections and dots! Can you help?

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 09:07 PM
link   
reply to post by OmegaLogos

They may, in future, be the two witnesses but they have not specifically fulfilled anything ascribed to the two witnesses in Revelation 13.

I take the text literally because if you start to assume it's all metaphor, then all sorts of interpretations become possible.

So, at this moment in time, I'd say no.

edit on 20/8/2012 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 09:10 PM
link   

Yeah I can help. Elijah and Enoch. The two men who never died. The people mentioned in the OP are not even witnessing for Christ.

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 09:37 PM
link   
Explanation: Just wanting to reiterate ...

God works in mysterious ways ...

2 Thessalonians - Chapter 2 verse 11-12 [blueletterbible.org]

2Th 2:11 And for this cause God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie:

2Th 2:12 That they all might be damned who believed not the truth, but had pleasure in unrighteousness.

And anybody worth their theological salt knows that YHVH used BAAL worshiping tribes to PUNISH and DISCIPLINE a wayward and sinfull Israel.

So it is NOT beyond reason to assume the same might be happening here!

Personal Disclosure: Can we get back to speculating please .... because I did clearly state that the premise was flimsy and as such I was seeking ways to REINFORCE them and not UNDERMINE them!

Can you help find ways that Assange and Manning MAY be seen as the two prophets of Revelations 11:3- ?

If not, then please seek your infotainment elsewhere as I have little time to deal with issues of an offtopic nature!

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 10:10 PM
link   
...I have to say, it drives me insane that people force allegorical interpretations onto literal statements. The verses in Revelation describing the two witnesses are not allegorical. There is nothing in the text that indicates that such an interpretation is either warranted or justified.
Every symbolic reference found in Revelation is consistent with the text of the Bible as a whole. Thus, if you want to find out what the "olive branches" and "lampstands" etc. refer to, all you need to do is look at places in Scripture where these terms are previously defined. You do not need to, nor should you, make up your own allusions as to what these things might mean. This is poor interpretive practice.

...beside which, we are not chronologically up to Revelation 11.
Many events precede what occurs in Revelation 11 (chapters 6-10), including the bowl judgements etc. - these have not occurred yet, nor can it be logically or reasonably argued that they have.

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 10:21 PM
link   
You say it's a very flimsy premise, but one that needs to be investigated deeply? What sense does that make? That's like saying "this food is terrible but you should definitely try it!"

Let me ask you a question, do you think the Bible only applies to people living in your western world? I ask this question, because I hope you realize that there are billions of people on this planet that you know nothing about. Meaning, there could (and most likely are) two people somewhere out there that are MUCH more likely to be the two witnesses from revelation than Julian Assange and Bradly Manning.

It just seems ridiculous to me that religious people are constantly trying to fit western pop culture figures into some characters from the Bible. This leads me to believe that such people think the only relevant people in the world, as far as the bible is concerned, are western folks that are on TV or in the news.

Why do all these people from the Bible have to be well known celebrity type folks?

I got it, unless someone is on TV or in the news, then there is no chance they are the people that the bible describes as coming. If Jesus ever comes back lets hope he gets a reality TV show, otherwise all the religious folks will ignore him because he isn't some TV personality, politician, or news story.
edit on 20-8-2012 by James1982 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 11:06 PM
link   
Explanation: It seems my disclaimer is required ...

If they can be shown to have some similarities with the two prophets then that is something worthwhile noting.

Personal Disclosure: I am not a christian or a follower of the Abrahamic faiths and so I have no personal investment in the results of this discussion.

edit on 20-8-2012 by OmegaLogos because: Edited to fix spelling.

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 11:46 PM
link   
what is your angle then?
Is it honesty and truth or because you need to learn something (as we all are, I might add), I'm not doing any one's work for them unless i choose to.
That includes irritating visitors who were welcomed in friendship but displayed other than said emotion, more akin to a little kid in a lollie shop, creepy.
This entire site is full to stinking with metaphores for this and for that, and still.... many someones listen, and no one all at once.
Here's a truth, just one and I don't even know if it's for you.

The one who sat in the shadows, the comment of 'she didn't teach us anything' petulently
well let me fix that, I'm so sorry, my voice wasn't working properly otherwise I would have slapped you, nice black board by the way.

There is a snitch, an inocent snitch but one none the less, a mini singers microphone on a stand down low, silver, maybe in a cupboard, it's obvious though, or should be.

It's probably been removed already so I really look the loon, oh well, what can I do about that now....

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 01:29 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 03:41 AM
link   

No. They are not.

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 04:23 PM
link   
Anyone got pics of these guys wearing sackcloth?

<<   2 >>

join