It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Does the award for the greatest evil go to Satan or God?

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 4 2012 @ 01:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by arpgme

Originally posted by Murgatroid
And some actually WONDER why God caused the great flood...

Yeah, because if the flood did happen, it must have been because they were getting to close to THE TRUTH, and your god doesn't like that, he wants slavish worship.

To get back on topic, Yes, the aware of greatest evil goes to the god of the old testament. Never have I heard of such a more wicked being than in that book.
edit on 4-9-2012 by arpgme because: more detail

No argument but let us not forget that the bible has Jesus inventing and using hell.

The O T God had no such place so the Jews tell me.

Regards
DL

posted on Sep, 4 2012 @ 07:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Greatest I am

So the two Bibles, OT and NT, tell two completely different stories?

Why am I not surprised...

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 08:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by AfterInfinity

It should not surprise anyone who has noted that there is nothinbg original in the bible that has not been said by the older religions.

It is easy to see that the bible is just a consolidation and plagiarised version of these older traditions.

Mostly from Egypt and Sumer.

Regards
DL

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 09:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Greatest I am

It should not surprise anyone who has noted that there is nothinbg original in the bible that has not been said by the older religions.

It is easy to see that the bible is just a consolidation and plagiarised version of these older traditions.

Mostly from Egypt and Sumer.

Regards
DL

Curious.....

How many times have you read the Bible from front to back? If never or only once then you have no right to say what it is or isn't. That's only fair.

If you take into account what the Universe really is and what it's composed of, break it down and see the many expressions driven into your mind daily, you will have a clue how the Bible relates to what you have concluded.

It's a book, but a book that has been inspired by many who KNOW not only how God works but how we can get out of this hell hole.

The little bits that confuse you is not from God. God doesn't confuse us, he shows us the light. Deciphering with any material ( matter) has to be had as matter manipulates the senses and the light shows us this.

Just my thoughts lol

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 11:39 AM
link   
Is that light and truth being given to us by prophets?

Now, therefore, behold, the Lord hath put a lying spirit in the mouth of these thy prophets, and the Lord hath spoken evil concerning thee.
1Kings 22:23

Now therefore, behold, the Lord hath put a lying spirit in the mouth of these thy prophets.
2 Chron 18:22

Ah, Lord GOD! surely thou hast greatly deceived this people.
Jer 4:10

O Lord, thou hast deceived me, and I was deceived. Jer 20:7

And if a prophet be deceived when he hath spoken a thing, I the Lord have deceived that prophet.
Ezekiel 14:9

For this cause God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie.
Thessalonians 2:11

To me, God’s worse lie was to Adam and Eve. He told them they could eat of the tree of life and then reneged and in a real sense murdered them by denying them a remedy.

How literally should I read your bible when it starts with a talking snake and ends with a seven headed monster?

Is that your idea of light and truth?

How was your ticket to heaven purchased? With innocent blood?

Regards
DL

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 11:55 AM
link   

Now THAT'S ironic. Crusades and witch hunts, anyone?

My ticket to heaven doesn't exist, because the Biblical heaven doesn't exist - to me, anyway.
But the way your ticket works, all I have to do is pick up a slip of paper and BELIEVE that it will take me over the rainbow...because that's all that's needed right? Belief and faith?

Pfft...

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 11:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Murgatroid

Originally posted by Murgatroid

There are MANY that actually DO know from first hand experience.

Illuminati defector Carolyn Hamlett exposes the true agenda behind Theosophy:

"I was raised under the direction of the ascended masters, the same ascended masters that dictated messages and books to Madame Blavatsky, Benjamin Creme and Alice A. Bailey. My physical mentors were Theosophists who wrote children's books published by Lucius Trust (Lucifer Trust).

They made it very clear to me who they are, who their Lord is and what their true agenda is. Their Lord is Lucifer, Satan of the Bible. The "ascended masters" with Lucifer rule both Satanism and "The Brotherhood of the White Lodge". I absolutely did not want to believe it!...but nevertheless that is the Truth. It is they, the ascended masters...the authors of Theosophy who made me to understand the Truth of Jesus Christ....by identifying who they are. They are Anti-Christ.

All "secret societies" and ancient mystery religions are products of "The spiritual hierarchy of the ascended masters". All are Luciferic (Satanic), though not all members of these societies and religions know this. That is privileged information of the highest initiates.

Theosophists, on the other hand, directly identify their source as "the ascended masters" and "the spiritual hierarchy". I chose to mention Theosophy here because there are so many people who are "truthers" and yet followers of the teachings of "The Tibetan", aka, The master Djwal Khul through Blavatsky and are unaware that The Tibetan and "the ascended masters" are the Father's of The Plan for The New World Order.

Theosophy is a product of "The Spiritual Hierarchy". The "Spiritual Hierarchy" is ruled by "the ascended masters" and Lucifer, their Lord. They are the authors of "The Plan" to put their "Christ" (anointed one) in global ruler-ship. This "Christ" is the Anti-Christ."

"The Plan" for The NWO is a plan of enslavement

Carolyn Hamlett on Xtract Radio

What, so because there are Satanists, that automatically proves that Christianity is the true religion?

That's like claiming Materialism proves that Buddhism is true...

And yes, Materialism and Buddhism are opposites - one says to "attach" to the material world, and one says to "detach" from it...

Materialist have an "agenda" to prove that material is all we have, so that proves Buddhism is right, that the "Maya" (Devils) try to distract us from truth?

Just because an opposite of your religion exists, doesn't prove that your religion is true...

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 12:04 PM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

Just because an opposite of your religion exists, doesn't prove that your religion is true...

At the very least, it suggests that other people are drinking the kool-aid and decided the other flavor was more to their liking.
edit on 5-9-2012 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 01:49 PM
link   

in the beginning God had billions of choices: one of these choices was: shall I create EVIL? And so he created EVIL

but there was one no-CHOICE in this creation

God had NO-choice but to create this EVIL out of HIMSELF
because both before and after creation
there was NOTHING else to create out-of
but HIMSELF.

so if there is EVIL then god created it out of HIMSELF:
he, god, is EVIL just as much as he is what hides EVIL, good.

in the Universe this EVIL is the hidden >99% dark-matter
that makes the

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 03:38 PM
link   

Hahahahaha... Well I take it your answer is simply NO!

You do a lot of talking for someone who picks and chooses what God says and what he has done by quoting something from A BOOK.

A BOOK, read it and let it soak in... One more time.... A BOOK is NOT .... MY BIBLE.

Get it? Got it!!!

There are some people who's skulls are so hard you could not break them with a sledge hammer if you even tried.

With that said, I'm going to break it down for you one more time, my little child.

With ANY BOOK you read, you read it from front to back. Right? Or are you one of these people who will not read an entire book but will take quotes here and there to form an opinion without actually reading the book? You must have been one of those kids like myself who could care less about reading the book so you bought cliff notes.

When you become serious about your personal spirituality you will open a book of spiritual interest and you will read it from cover to cover. That book will lead you to another book and so on. If you ever really want to UNDERSTAND the Bible you will HAVE TO READ IT FROM COVER TO COVER OVER AND OVER AGAIN, and even then you will read it for the tenth time and read something that hits you like it has never before in the past.

Deciphering comes into play with your heart and soul. It will come to you and you will read a passage that sounds like its an atrocity but the meaning you now have for it makes more sense because the player of deciphering will allow you to see something in a DIFFERENT LIGHT.

The Bible IMO is FULL of misleading information and is not fully the word of God. It has been INSPIRED by God through expressions which I went into full detail about in this thread. It also has a lot of DARKNESS in it as well as people have been shown over and over again throughout time to be to lead NOT by the Holy Spirit but by MATTER ITSELF manipulating the senses in such a way that's sick indeed!

For all I know the Old Testemant God was pissed off at us and wiped us off the planet to get us back home and beat our asses. Lol I have no idea but then again I can read the OT and just sit back and think on the different stories and how God reacts plus see how man reacts to God. The stories are not to be taken into your heart fact by fact but the overall message that's conveyed to your heart.... Like Job for instance.

The Bible was written in a time much different today so people's interpretations of God has changed, thus the matter itself has changed. Inspiring words will change with time, its just that way as it is with any language. I don't expect that to make sense to you as you seem very childlike in your journey thus far but if you stay with it, it gets better!!

The Bible is a book, it its a book that's been inspired just as any other spiritual text. This text just so happens to have the Son of God in it, which makes it my favorite because in my eyes, Jesus is not just my brother but he shows me the way to LIFE.

I hope one day you will feel it! Feel the love that's been freely given to you that allows you to even exist within a frame much less a frame of mind. God is good all the time. How? Figure it out!!

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 06:18 PM
link   
reply to post by MamaJ

For all I know the Old Testemant God was pissed off at us and wiped us off the planet to get us back home and beat our asses. Lol I have no idea but then again I can read the OT and just sit back and think on the different stories and how God reacts plus see how man reacts to God. The stories are not to be taken into your heart fact by fact but the overall message that's conveyed to your heart.... Like Job for instance.

The OT God is, was and always will be Jesus, or preinicarnate Jesus, a.k.a. Yahweh. The Word is the Voice of God, that the OT God commanded Israel to obey and hear and they refused. The Voice also took on physical form many times before he later appeared as the man called Jesus of Nazareth as the Almighty Himself. He is also the Voice crying in the Wilderness. His definition of good and evil is not our definition of good and evil, neither is his definition of justice our definition of justice. He is who He is.

Isaiah 44:6-8

6 “Thus says the Lord, the King of Israel,
And his Redeemer, the Lord of hosts: (Redeemer of Israel)
‘I am the First and I am the Last;
Besides Me there is no God.

7 And who can proclaim as I do?
Then let him declare it and set it in order for Me,
Since I appointed the ancient people.
And the things that are coming and shall come,
Let them show these to them.
8 Do not fear, nor be afraid;
Have I not told you from that time, and declared it?
You are My witnesses.
Is there a God besides Me?
Indeed there is no other Rock;
I know not one.’”

Revelation 1:10-18

10 I was in the Spirit on the Lord’s Day, and I heard behind me a loud voice, as of a trumpet, 11 saying, “I am the Alpha and the Omega, the First and the Last,” and, “What you see, write in a book and send it to the seven churches which are in Asia: to Ephesus, to Smyrna, to Pergamos, to Thyatira, to Sardis, to Philadelphia, and to Laodicea.”

12 Then I turned to see the voice that spoke with me. And having turned I saw seven golden lampstands, 13 and in the midst of the seven lampstands One like the Son of Man, clothed with a garment down to the feet and girded about the chest with a golden band. 14 His head and hair were white like wool, as white as snow, and His eyes like a flame of fire; 15 His feet were like fine brass, as if refined in a furnace, and His voice as the sound of many waters; 16 He had in His right hand seven stars, out of His mouth went a sharp two-edged sword, and His countenance was like the sun shining in its strength. 17 And when I saw Him, I fell at His feet as dead. But He laid His right hand on me, saying to me, “Do not be afraid; I am the First and the Last. 18 I am He who lives, and was dead, and behold, I am alive forevermore. Amen. And I have the keys of Hades and of Death.

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 06:18 PM
link   
reply to post by MamaJ

But your "God" invented evil. How does something that is purely good, according to the Christian understanding of 'good', create evil?

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 05:54 AM
link   

Now THAT'S ironic. Crusades and witch hunts, anyone?

My ticket to heaven doesn't exist, because the Biblical heaven doesn't exist - to me, anyway.
But the way your ticket works, all I have to do is pick up a slip of paper and BELIEVE that it will take me over the rainbow...because that's all that's needed right? Belief and faith?

Pfft...

Wrong. From what little I know.

Faith yes. I do not think belief is mentioned. You also forgot that what Christians also need is to embrace human sacrifice and the notion that it is good to punish the innocent and not the guilty.

IOW, you have to sell your soul to Satan before getting into heaven.

Regards
DL

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 06:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by pjazeg

in the beginning God had billions of choices: one of these choices was: shall I create EVIL? And so he created EVIL

but there was one no-CHOICE in this creation

God had NO-choice but to create this EVIL out of HIMSELF
because both before and after creation
there was NOTHING else to create out-of
but HIMSELF.

so if there is EVIL then god created it out of HIMSELF:
he, god, is EVIL just as much as he is what hides EVIL, good.

in the Universe this EVIL is the hidden >99% dark-matter
that makes the

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 07:37 AM
link   

reply to post by MamaJ

But your "God" invented evil. How does something that is purely good, according to the Christian understanding of 'good', create evil?

" your god" ??

Our God, you mean......?? Lol

I don't believe he created evil, remember??

I wrote on another thread what I believe to have happened in the beginning.

We are creators too, in our own right. Look at all the bs we have created today and in years past. Atom bomb anyone? Lol

I also wonder if we are the " fallen" who have separated our self from God and because he is willing to take us back (at one ment) through incarnations just as Jesus lived many times to get it back ( the atonement).

Some of us are helping the fallen while others have fallen. Fallen as in .....the fallen and separate consciousness that we all experience in this realm.

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 07:53 AM
link   

The OT God is, was and always will be Jesus, or preinicarnate Jesus, a.k.a. Yahweh. The Word is the Voice of God, that the OT God commanded Israel to obey and hear and they refused. The Voice also took on physical form many times before he later appeared as the man called Jesus of Nazareth as the Almighty Himself. He is also the Voice crying in the Wilderness. His definition of good and evil is not our definition of good and evil, neither is his definition of justice our definition of justice. He is who He is.
reply to post by lonewolf19792000

The Word is ANY expression that expresses words. It is the highest harmonic, it is the light and shows us the way.

The Word did manifest and continues to manifest and through the stories of the Bible and any other book, music, art and so on we see it and hear it, we experience it daily. Inspiration comes and goes but it's imbedded within.

The Word was Adam, he is the first and the last. He begins the story ( expression) of man and will be the end of the story( expression) of man.

We all have a nature about us when we are born, then we become conditioned by the world. Matter takes hold and burdens us down. We carry our own cross and Jesus shows us this, he also shows us how to get out of this hell hole by following his ways.

Once atonement is had we will no longer have to incarnate here. We are either fallen or helping the fallen.

Shine your light, it's only a " matter of time" before the story ends.

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 10:16 AM
link   
If your god created everything than he made evil, wasn't lucifer his right hand man at one point? Did he not create him? If your big excuse is that man made evil than there's a big loophole in your theory, that would also mean man created love.... So it's either man created good/bad love/evil or your god did.... Which is it?

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 10:58 AM
link   
If in the beginning there was only God, then all would have to eminate from God.
He was the only one who could create anything.

Regards
DL

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 11:01 AM
link   

How can something that is supposedly purely good create something that is supposedly purely evil?

Everything points to one option: we don't know a damn thing. Yet we'll still pretend to, just so we don't feel helpless in the face of the big bad world.

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 12:36 PM
link   

How can something that is supposedly purely good create something that is supposedly purely evil?

Everything points to one option: we don't know a damn thing. Yet we'll still pretend to, just so we don't feel helpless in the face of the big bad world.

I guess that you have missed that the writers of Eden recognized the duality of good and evil and knew that knowing one would automatically have you know of the other. That is why it is a tree of good and evil and not a separate tree for good and another for evil.

Regards
DL

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10 >>

join