It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Does the award for the greatest evil go to Satan or God?

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 1 2012 @ 12:59 PM
link   
reply to post by AfterInfinity

Maybe a part of your personal truth from your own perception.

I remember.

posted on Sep, 1 2012 @ 01:08 PM
link   
reply to post by MamaJ

A part of the truth is a half-truth, also known as lying by omission. But I suppose you've learned from the best...i.e. the church.

posted on Sep, 1 2012 @ 01:08 PM
link   
Double post.
edit on 1-9-2012 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 1 2012 @ 09:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by AfterInfinity
reply to post by MamaJ

A part of the truth is a half-truth, also known as lying by omission. But I suppose you've learned from the best...i.e. the church.

What church? Which one? I don't go to church!!

Truth isn't stationery..... It flows like with the waves of the ocean, you can find parts of truth everywhere but the Word tells the truth when it's going good in the order of nature.

The flesh dies, this is true! Knowledge is killing us because we as a whole lack the intellect to decipher good order with nature from the bad.

It's a shame some mind sets are stuck in mud, unable to tell the truth from a lie.

posted on Sep, 1 2012 @ 10:15 PM
link   
reply to post by MamaJ

The truth is in the mind of the discerner.

posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 11:12 AM
link   

reply to post by Greatest I am

Who are you to say what is immoral? Are you 'God', that you can judge a fellow human?

Leave that to the wise and humble, neither of which is you.

??? Don't you judge what is moral or not. Any thinking man does.

Our Gods are human inventions and so are the morals ascribed to them.

To answer though. Who but man can judge the morals of men or imaginary Gods?

As to humble. Any self-deprecating is just looking for sympathy and is self-serving.

Regards
DL

posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 11:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by MamaJ

You are naive and I hope you become somewhat humble when you do find intellectual knowledge from the standpoint of truth...... that lies within you my friend.

Humble like you who claims knowing truths that no one else has. Yep, quite humble of you.
Hypocrite FMPOV.

Regards
DL

posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 11:20 AM
link   

As much as I don't agree with you at times, I had to star that one.

edit on 2-9-2012 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 10:22 AM
link   

As much as I don't agree with you at times, I had to star that one.

edit on 2-9-2012 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

The more you get to know of my thinking, the more you will agree.

Regards
DL

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 10:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Greatest I am

You are naive and I hope you become somewhat humble when you do find intellectual knowledge from the standpoint of truth...... that lies within you my friend.

Humble like you who claims knowing truths that no one else has. Yep, quite humble of you.
Hypocrite FMPOV.

Regards
DL

Your tongue lashings do not effect me at all, only you.

If you have read my posts with an intellect you would know its not about me at all it's about what I perceive that you too have available.

I've never claimed to hold truth no one else has..... It's all around and available to you and always has been but your mind is too busy being egotistical to truly see. That's not my fault.

This truth began as a philosophical thought then manifested into all different types of worship including religion but my friend you would already know this had you read my words.
edit on 3-9-2012 by MamaJ because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 10:36 AM
link   

reply to post by MamaJ

The truth is in the mind of the discerner.

Hey, as long as YOU say so!!!!!! ;-)

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 10:38 AM
link   

The more I do hear your thoughts the more twisted they become but hey, that's just my opinion.

You deny all that is around you and within so how can I trust anything you say?

The obvious is denied and that's illogical to this mind set.

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 11:32 AM
link   
reply to post by MamaJ

What's obvious is completely subjective. Beauty is in the mind of the beholder, and the truth is in the mind of the discerner.

From your post, I have gleaned that you believe what's obvious to you should hold the same self-evident truth for everyone else. It just doesn't work like that.

Argumentative philosophies aside, I happen to agree with you.

edit on 3-9-2012 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 11:41 AM
link   

reply to post by MamaJ

What's obvious is completely subjective. Beauty is in the mind of the beholder, and the truth is in the mind of the discerner.

From your post, I have gleaned that you believe what's obvious to you should hold the same self-evident truth for everyone else. It just doesn't work like that.

Argumentative philosophies aside, I happen to agree with you.

But I've said all along it's about perception yet most of not all could agree with the analogy of the plant, remember reading that part?

To take my words and twist them to something that does not represent what I've said or feel is quite distracting.

It is all about perception however there IS a reality in the good order of nature that's undeniable to any perception because it's observed in all of reality everywhere you look, even within.

I'm reminded again of Nous.

It simply is.

Oh and I've read enough of your posts to know we do agree.

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 01:21 PM
link   
reply to post by MamaJ

To take my words and twist them to something that does not represent what I've said or feel is quite distracting.

Thank you for proving my point. What you mean and what you post are not synonymous, not when every word has a dozen different shades of meaning. Two people with two different backgrounds can look at the same phrase and think two completely different things. Therefore, what's obvious is completely subjective. As I said before.

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 07:00 PM
link   

The more I do hear your thoughts the more twisted they become but hey, that's just my opinion.

You deny all that is around you and within so how can I trust anything you say?

The obvious is denied and that's illogical to this mind set.

Not surprising as logic and reason elude those like you who believe in fantasy, miracles and magic.
Yep. I will come to you for your delusional truth. Not.

Regards
DL

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 10:08 PM
link   

Not surprising as logic and reason elude those like you who believe in fantasy, miracles and magic.

This, coming from someone who ridicules others for not believing that a 2,000 year old corpse is going to fall from the sky and cure the world of its ailments in less time than it takes to shower?

Please don't mock us with that kind of mindset under your belt. It's highly...double-standard-ish.

posted on Sep, 4 2012 @ 06:56 AM
link   
reply to post by AfterInfinity

Here is where I think we have the same perspective.

Maybe I'm wrong....

We notice....

The order in which nature IS good?

We see it for what it is when it is going good and when it's going bad because in nature if something is going bad it dies, right? This is what's observed by us all.... Or so I thought.

posted on Sep, 4 2012 @ 07:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Murgatroid
And some actually WONDER why God caused the great flood...

Yeah, because if the flood did happen, it must have been because they were getting to close to THE TRUTH, and your god doesn't like that, he wants slavish worship.

To get back on topic, Yes, the aware of greatest evil goes to the god of the old testament. Never have I heard of such a more wicked being than in that book.
edit on 4-9-2012 by arpgme because: more detail

posted on Sep, 4 2012 @ 01:56 PM
link   

This, coming from someone who ridicules others for not believing that a 2,000 year old corpse is going to fall from the sky and cure the world of its ailments in less time than it takes to shower?

Please don't mock us with that kind of mindset under your belt. It's highly...double-standard-ish.

You have me confused with a theist.

I have no belief in the bible God or in the notion that man need saving.

Regards
DL

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join