It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Does the award for the greatest evil go to Satan or God?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 12:51 PM
link   
reply to post by JesuitGarlic

Was it evil for God to create a being that had free will and decided to rebel against the heavenly kingdom because he wanted to receive worship like God and not be subject to the Divine Law of the universe despite having been given the highest position of honour and the most abilities out of any created being in Heaven

Who is this flawed God person with such a dysfunctional heavenly kingdom that 1/3 of his creation would form an alliance and rebel against him? Who is this God who created humanity, out of a need for worship, and then sets them in the quarantined realm of earth along side, to be beguiled and raped, by the very rebels that were thrown out of his heavenly kingdom?

Either this God wasn't prepared to carry out his responsibility to humanity or he deliberately created us as pawns in his personal struggle against Satan. Personally, I think he's a fraud.

This God guy seems to have a taste for blood and a euphoria for violence and revenge and a God sized ego that demands to be worshiped, or else. Free will seems to be his enemy, critical thinking an abomination.

Hands down, the God of the Old Testament wins the "evil" contest.

edit on 21-8-2012 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 01:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by windword
Who is this flawed God person... Personally, I think he's a fraud.

Hands down, the God of the Old Testament wins the "evil" contest.

At the end of the day, when everything is said and done, what we "THINK" about God will be completely irrelevant.

The "God of the Old Testament" ALWAYS wins... PERIOD.

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 01:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Murgatroid

The God of the Old Testament left town, run out on a rail, with his tail between his legs. The God of Jesus, whoever that is, is a "Father" deity that the God of the OT never claimed to be. Jesus called the worshipers of the OT god, children of Satan.
edit on 21-8-2012 by windword because: spelling

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 01:18 PM
link   
reply to post by EnochWasRight

Do you care to share more about what you know of defiling the Sabbath and the cell phone in the hand and in the forehead? Enlighten us to more of what you know behind the deception of man. A watchman on the wall would be warning people and allowing them to see clearly. Anyone hiding truth would keep it to themselves.

The information you seek is easy to find for the discerning researcher. I will provide links, and there are some in depth posts in ATS on this subject matter, and many will have similar links and Intel.

Computers and the mark of the Beast economic system
According to Bible doctrine the "mark" will be in the hand, (PC mouse) or the forehead, (web cam) and it is easy to see computers have a very dark side, in that they could in fact be used to control the world. I have speculated on this before:
Skynet and Cyberdyne are real
I can see a system where satellite based weapons systems are the world's police force, and every transaction is done via a computer, in today's world, a hand held computer. All of your identification, medical information, money, and credit is on the hard drive. Mess up, talk against the government? Your hard drive gets erased, and you no longer exist, at least to be able to buy or sell.

Right now as I write this most are unaware of the control factor computers have over all of us. A computer cuts my disability checks every month, and the electric power generation is controlled by computers. Computers already control stop and go lights, highway information signs, and the cars and trucks that travel the roads have a small computer that runs the engine. Without a computer, you cannot buy gasoline, or groceries. Imagine a day when all electrical power and all cell towers go down and do not work anymore, ever? How would that affect you, personally? Got am alarm on your home? You would be breaking a window to get in. No commercial aircraft could fly.

The CRAY-2 Computer System. Cray Research, Inc.

A Cashless economy is what [they] want.
Crime will disappear. Who would commit a crime when a weapon in space could burn you down on the spot?
Each household will have a computer with which to conduct all purchases.
The once high cost of computers are continually falling, so that even people on Welfare can afford one.

Do you see it now? The Beast 666 is sitting right in front of you right now.

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 01:24 PM
link   
reply to post by autowrench

I don't believe in 'Satan', the guy with the pitch fork who knowingly controls everything that is evil. I mean it in a metaphorical or symbolic sense. It's a metaphor for humans and their natural born trait of greed, those who run the hell on Earth and the ones who constantly lie to gain more power and to keep it. The church is part of this whole system of greed and the anti-christ mentioned in the bible.

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 01:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Murgatroid

Yet you believe the lies that they have spread. That's the definition of irony.

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 01:35 PM
link   
For the Award Of Outstanding Evil Acts Throughout World History, I nominate "God".

If he were human and an American citizen, he would be serving at least 100 life sentences for his criminal history. Whatever Hitler would have gotten, multiple that by 20...30...maybe 40, even. Admit it, that HAS to be a record. Perhaps Guinness World Records could publish it next year.

edit on 21-8-2012 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 01:57 PM
link   

AMEN AND....

Seven Billion souls returned to life to see evil removed. Priceless.

AMEN!!!!!

God is not to be blamed for the choices we make! Accountability has to be accounted for to it's rightful owner. I'm living as an infinite being, and was called a " good" creation. I didnt create myself or any human for that matter, God did.

Is he accountable for His creation? Should he have held his hands up in despair and said forget it.... You're done girl? Lol

Like a good father, he is supportive and loving even when I do wrong. 💛

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 01:59 PM
link   
reply to post by JesuitGarlic

Firstly let me point out that the god of Theosophy is in fact Satan by using a few quotes from their own foundational books.

So you think "The Secret Doctrine" is the, what was the word you used, the Foundation of Theosophy? Is that really what you think?
(Bold text mine, pay attention here.

Antiquity and Medieval ending c. 1450CE

The term theosophy was used as a synonym for theology as early as the 3rd century CE.

Hellenistic Alexandrian culture expressed religion through a syncretism that included influences from Egypt, Chaldea, Greece etc. It became a "philosophizing and systematizing" culture containing mythology, theosophy and gnosis of the East.

The 12th c. philosopher Al-Shahrastānī (d. 548AH / 1153CE) explored theosophy in the context of Islamic thought. In the 13th century a clear distinction was made between classical philosophers, modern (to the people then) philosophers, theosophers, and theologians in the work Summa philosophiae attributed to Robert Grosseteste. In Summa theosophists were described as authors inspired by holy books while theologians were described as persons whose task was to teach theosophy. During that time the term theosopher was applied retroactively to include earlier people including Pseudo-Dionysius the Areopagite, Ambrose, Jerome, Augustine, and Origen
Wiki Source
Helena Blavatsky was not around in the 13th Century, JesuitGarlic, and no amount of saying that will make it so. Admit you are wrong here.
The God worshiped by Helena Blavatsky may not be the original God worshiped by the Ancient Theosophist, and you don't know one way, or the other. Lots of study is ahead to fully know and understand.

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 02:04 PM
link   

OK, I've read the whole thread, well I skimmed some (not your posts), and I think I see where you're going with this. I also read the Humpty Dumpty thread.

Your mention of the four elements as obstacles for us to overcome in order to reach the fifth (Spirit) reminds me of that movie "The Fifth Element," though the movie opts for entertainment rather than enlightenment.

Regarding your Alexander Pope quote, Oscar Wilde said, "There are two ways of disliking poetry: one way is to dislike it, the other is to read Pope." I liked what Pope had to say here, however.

I believe that God made both good and evil, warned us of evil for our own protection (out of love), and will yet vindicate Himself on this issue, not only for mankind but for the entire created cosmos. The skeptics, scoffers, and cynics will be put to shame for their lack of understanding and unbelief.

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 02:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Lazarus Short

The skeptics, scoffers, and cynics will be put to shame for their lack of understanding and unbelief.

Pics or it isn't true.

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 02:16 PM
link   
reply to post by MamaJ

You know the world is totally f***ed when grown adults start putting their faith in bedtime stories...

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 02:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by autowrench
The God worshiped by Helena Blavatsky may not be the original God worshiped by the Ancient Theosophist, and you don't know one way, or the other. Lots of study is ahead to fully know and understand.

There are MANY that actually DO know from first hand experience.

Illuminati defector Carolyn Hamlett exposes the true agenda behind Theosophy:

"I was raised under the direction of the ascended masters, the same ascended masters that dictated messages and books to Madame Blavatsky, Benjamin Creme and Alice A. Bailey. My physical mentors were Theosophists who wrote children's books published by Lucius Trust (Lucifer Trust).

They made it very clear to me who they are, who their Lord is and what their true agenda is. Their Lord is Lucifer, Satan of the Bible. The "ascended masters" with Lucifer rule both Satanism and "The Brotherhood of the White Lodge". I absolutely did not want to believe it!...but nevertheless that is the Truth. It is they, the ascended masters...the authors of Theosophy who made me to understand the Truth of Jesus Christ....by identifying who they are. They are Anti-Christ.

All "secret societies" and ancient mystery religions are products of "The spiritual hierarchy of the ascended masters". All are Luciferic (Satanic), though not all members of these societies and religions know this. That is privileged information of the highest initiates.

Theosophists, on the other hand, directly identify their source as "the ascended masters" and "the spiritual hierarchy". I chose to mention Theosophy here because there are so many people who are "truthers" and yet followers of the teachings of "The Tibetan", aka, The master Djwal Khul through Blavatsky and are unaware that The Tibetan and "the ascended masters" are the Father's of The Plan for The New World Order.

Theosophy is a product of "The Spiritual Hierarchy". The "Spiritual Hierarchy" is ruled by "the ascended masters" and Lucifer, their Lord. They are the authors of "The Plan" to put their "Christ" (anointed one) in global ruler-ship. This "Christ" is the Anti-Christ."

"The Plan" for The NWO is a plan of enslavement

Carolyn Hamlett on Xtract Radio

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 02:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by AfterInfinity
reply to post by MamaJ

You know the world is totally f***ed when grown adults start putting their faith in bedtime stories...

Take your insults back, I dont want them!

For the record my bed time stories involved Little Red Riding Hood.

Now that Im grown I decipher truth and leave the bs to people who are just plain ole mean hearted!!!! I would love to educate the mean adults but I figure if their mama couldnt do it, I suerly cant.

Grow up already and use your words to convey thoughts that do not make you look childish.

If you dont " get it" maybe its because you dont want to? Do you want someone to try and convince you that there is a God and he is the REASON YOU EXIST AT ALL and able to ACT like he is some monster or bedtime story?

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 03:44 PM
link   
reply to post by MamaJ

I don't make the world, I only see it. If you have a problem with what I see, change what I am seeing.

Now that Im grown I decipher truth and leave the bs to people who are just plain ole mean hearted!!!! I would love to educate the mean adults but I figure if their mama couldnt do it, I suerly cant.

Your deductive skills in relation to discerning truth are clearly unparalleled. Obviously, the Bible is the only possible way to explain how this world came to be. Everything else is the work of the devil!

...Did you hear the sarcasm? Because I meant it.

Grow up already and use your words to convey thoughts that do not make you look childish.

I'm not the one throwing science and logic out the window in favor of comfort and security.

Do you want someone to try and convince you that there is a God and he is the REASON YOU EXIST AT ALL and able to ACT like he is some monster or bedtime story?

I want you to exercise your critical thinking faculties instead of relying on something that has never been known to save lives. I want you to fight for this world instead of thinking a 2,000 year old corpse is going to fall from the sky, wave his hand, and cure the world in less time than it takes to pee.

I'm doing exactly what you're doing, but for a better cause. I do it for the world we see today, you do it for the world you see in a book. You know the difference between the real world and your precious little book? Your book can lie to you and you won't even know it. The real world can't hide itself for long.

I've seen the real world. I haven't seen a single scrap of truth in that book. And between waiting and acting, I choose to save the world. I have more faith in myself than anything else. The stakes are too high to bet our future on a musty old tome.

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 04:24 PM
link   
One man's God is another man's Satan.

Refer to gnosticism, Islam etc.

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 05:30 PM
link   

reply to post by MamaJ

I don't make the world, I only see it. If you have a problem with what I see, change what I am seeing.

Your deductive skills in relation to discerning truth are clearly unparalleled. Obviously, the Bible is the only possible way to explain how this world came to be. Everything else is the work of the devil!

...Did you hear the sarcasm? Because I meant it.

I'm not the one throwing science and logic out the window in favor of comfort and security.

Do you want someone to try and convince you that there is a God and he is the REASON YOU EXIST AT ALL and able to ACT like he is some monster or bedtime story?

I want you to exercise your critical thinking faculties instead of relying on something that has never been known to save lives. I want you to fight for this world instead of thinking a 2,000 year old corpse is going to fall from the sky, wave his hand, and cure the world in less time than it takes to pee.

I'm doing exactly what you're doing, but for a better cause. I do it for the world we see today, you do it for the world you see in a book. You know the difference between the real world and your precious little book? Your book can lie to you and you won't even know it. The real world can't hide itself for long.

I've seen the real world. I haven't seen a single scrap of truth in that book. And between waiting and acting, I choose to save the world. I have more faith in myself than anything else. The stakes are too high to bet our future on a musty old tome.

After being in so many religious threads WITH ME, do you not begin to KNOW what I feel in regards my belief?

I've got your number.... Why is it so hard for you to get mine?

You are rattling off like you know where I stand. You don't even have my number much less know where I'm at with my train of thought. You should by now.

Open your eyes, open your HEART and listen, you may learn something.

Your assumptions are not getting us anywhere.

I can only change what you see if you allow me to do so. You cannot hold your hands over your eyes, talking... That's a bit... childish. Lol

If you have paid attention to my posts you see I LOVE SCIENCE! The more I learn and dive into Science the closer I come to God. Haha! I could probably walk circles around you my friend when it comes to science, however one of us knows who created science while the other acts as if it created itself. Where's the reasoning with that? HAHAHAHA.... I love ya though.

Why do you continue to say " book". It's more than a book!! My surroundings tell me a lot. People tell me a lot. The atmosphere, space, light, clouds, grass, atoms, molecules, neurons, and so on tell me a lot more than a book. The Bible tells a story of HUMANKIND ( are you human) and some of us may just have deciphered more than a story. A story that has much meaning behind what we do see in our surroundings. Quantum Physics is also a tell tell sign FOR ME that God exists. I'm sorry but my journey is not yours and where I've been you have not. I have critical thinking skills that allows me to more than reason WHY there is a God and WHY I Am his child. We are spirits with souls inhabiting a body of flesh and bones. The sooner you get this, the better off you will be. When every single thing makes sense is when your light will shine brighter than the sun and you will see your purpose with each breath you take which is a blessing you take for granted. You will one day cry out for God, he will be there for you....

How does that make you feel? Do you enjoy one sided relationships whereas your loved one is always trying to connect with you all the while you ignore them til death? Denying love from a loved one is one thing, but denying the One who gave you life is another. Wake up.... Time is tickin.

You can't rely on science to tell you there is a God, soul search.... He is within you.
edit on 21-8-2012 by MamaJ because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 10:39 PM
link   

I'll take God's word over bedtime "stories" by the "Synagogue of Satan" ANY day.

THEY are the ones you can thank for your "f***ed" up beliefs and your "f***ed" up world.

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 11:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Greatest I am

What a disgraceful title for the OP.

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 07:03 AM
link   
reply to post by autowrench

I would assume that there is a bit of cognitive dissonance in your mind. On the one hand, you are fighting against the God of the OT and seem to suggest Jesus is not the Son of God. On the other hand, the Bible has already told us that Carbon is 666 (6 Protons, 6 Neutrons, 6 Electrons) and further described it as the fruit of knowledge that will destroy man. We bounce back and forth from Genesis to Revelation and we see a thread of truth that tells our story from beginning to end, yet this story was known before it happened. I just read your outline of this very thing, yet I continue to hear you speak of an opinion that seems to mistrust the Bible and the story of Christ.

What I am really wondering is what you see in all of this that defines the dissonance between knowing the future from the Bible, yet mistrusting all that it seems to suggest from the big picture. Help me understand how you are dividing one from the other.

For anyone to reason this way, there must be an underlying logic that would be lost on someone like me. This is a paradox and all paradox simply has an excluded middle that puts the two together. What is your excluded middle?

edit on 22-8-2012 by EnochWasRight because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join