It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Does the award for the greatest evil go to Satan or God?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 10:35 PM
link   
reply to post by EnochWasRight

God created a reality and all things in it. When he finished, he said that it was good. Along the way, an Angel (Servant of God's Kingdom) heard news that God would be making man free within the Kingdom and giving Him a place of honor. Knowing that Satan already had jealousy within his heart, he was placed on the Earth next to mankind. The Lord was also there. Picture this clearly. Satan AND the Lord were there.

And you know this as a fact because.....you were there? I'm sorry but statements like that sound so.....well, there is a word for it.
Where exactly did you learn these "historical facts" you speak of here?

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 10:40 PM
link   

Number of souls sent to hell to suffer for eternity:

More than could ever be counted.

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 10:42 PM
link   
reply to post by windword

Jobs family, but only after god gave Satan permission.

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 10:43 PM
link   

Those who are controlling your thoughts already know the story and the excluded middle. They are pretending not to believe in God, all the while, they know the truth.

Oh, Moses smell the roses! Now you think it is non Christians who are being controlled? That sounds just righteous.

How Christian Mind Control Works

Free from christian mind-control

If anyone is being controlled here, it is you, friend. Look to your leadership, and then beyond them, and so on to the top. That cell phone in your hand is part of it, as is the litany of your controller on Sunday, or whenever your sect goes to Church.

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 10:44 PM
link   
reply to post by autowrench

What he says is true in a sense. Satan is mankind and the lord is nature. Mankind turned its back on nature a long time ago and that is why we were thrown into the hell that we have made for ourselves.

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 05:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by autowrench

God created a reality and all things in it. When he finished, he said that it was good. Along the way, an Angel (Servant of God's Kingdom) heard news that God would be making man free within the Kingdom and giving Him a place of honor. Knowing that Satan already had jealousy within his heart, he was placed on the Earth next to mankind. The Lord was also there. Picture this clearly. Satan AND the Lord were there.

And you know this as a fact because.....you were there? I'm sorry but statements like that sound so.....well, there is a word for it.
Where exactly did you learn these "historical facts" you speak of here?

The 'Seas' are nations. We know what the Son of Perdition is from the NT. Satan is pictured may times in the OT and NT in roles that he plays. The tempting in the wilderness, Genesis 3, Daniel 9, Isaiah 14 and Revelation 12. Satan has been here on Earth since the beginning. Babel is a good example of the lesser stone that represents what man embraces rather than the Chief Cornerstone. Satan's Sin was reflective of the fallen Angels that are about to be judged. The book of Revelation was a letter to the Angels of the Churches of each region. Satan is over principalities and powers. The false Christ comes on the 6th Trumpet and Christ comes on the 7th. First the deceiver and then the Messiah.

How will he be defeated? Threads just like this one, Christians teaching in church, television, radio, preaching and the list goes on. In short, education of the truth finishes his kingdom. Do you see how people here on ATS know the truth, but resist it? Follow this forward in time as Satan is revealed. Mankind will recognize Him for what he is when he is revealed. All of mankind will oppose Him and welcome Christ in love. Ultimately, Christ does this through us and the foundation that is put down over the last 2000 years. Day 3, beyond 70 AD, will see a day of peace and teaching as the temple (Building mentioned by the Shepherd of Hermas) is raised fully. Satan is bound to allow man to hear the truth rather than the delusion we get today from the MSM, Science and the TV.

Before you try to wiggle out of Ezekiel 28, consider this verse:

13 You were in Eden,
the garden of God;
every precious stone adorned you:
carnelian, chrysolite and emerald,
topaz, onyx and jasper,
lapis lazuli, turquoise and beryl.
Your settings and mountings were made of gold;

Further, the video below outlines this for you from the rest of scripture. Before this is all over with, we will see Satan in human form.

Ezekiel 28 Audio

edit on 21-8-2012 by EnochWasRight because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 05:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by 3NL1GHT3N3D1
Total kill count according to the bible:

God - 2 million plus

Satan - 10

You do the math.

Actually the god of Theosophy whom Blavatsky designates as Satan/Lucifer/the devil/the red Dragon/the Serpent/Hierarchy/the Custodian of the Plan/the Angel of Death/the Destroyer claims credit and responsibility for WW1, WW2, the Russian revolution and all those deaths under Lenin and Stalin, French Revolution and a few others.

Plus the Bible points out that the Papal power is from Satan so all the death's from the Catholic Church against others are on his hands....and plus the fact that he lied to Eve in Eden saying that you would not surely die if you eat of the forbidden fruit yet because of that lie now we all experience death...so depending on your figures somewhere between maybe a billion for Satan up to perhaps almost everyone that has ever existed (other than those expressly Judged by God and who rejected His many warnings).

Was it evil for God to create a being that had free will and decided to rebel against the heavenly kingdom because he wanted to receive worship like God and not be subject to the Divine Law of the universe despite having been given the highest position of honour and the most abilities out of any created being in Heaven
edit on 21-8-2012 by JesuitGarlic because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 05:54 AM
link   
Reading the Shepherd of Hermas and Esdra 2 is very important for a perspective on this topic.

Number of souls sent to hell to suffer for eternity:

More than could ever be counted.

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 06:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by autowrench

Those who are controlling your thoughts already know the story and the excluded middle. They are pretending not to believe in God, all the while, they know the truth.

Oh, Moses smell the roses! Now you think it is non Christians who are being controlled? That sounds just righteous.

How Christian Mind Control Works

Free from christian mind-control

If anyone is being controlled here, it is you, friend. Look to your leadership, and then beyond them, and so on to the top. That cell phone in your hand is part of it, as is the litany of your controller on Sunday, or whenever your sect goes to Church.

As you confirm, there are those who know and those who have no clue. The mark of the beast in "In your hand or in your forehead." You confirm to me that the cell phone is the likely mark that is also the coming monitory system. Thanks for that. I suspected as much a few years ago. Sunday is not the sabbath. There are all things we know by now, but the majority of mankind still has no clue. 666 is Carbon (6 protons, 6 electrons, 6 neutrons) and the mark that a man takes is not necessarily the technology, but the selfishness that marks the man through the technology.

You clearly see this, yet you are missing the underlying point of what was said:

2 Timothy 3:2-4

“For men will be lovers of themselves, lovers of money, boasters, proud, blasphemers, disobedient to parents (6), unthankful, unholy, unloving, unforgiving, slanderers, without self-control (6), brutal, despisers of good, traitors, headstrong, haughty, lovers of pleasure rather than lovers of God” (6).

The mark of 666 is not the 'thing', but what it causes above. The true mark is the selfishness that comes from not living simply and in reverence to God. The Shepherd of Hermas, a wonderful little book of revelation to the Church Age, outlines just what it takes to be in the world but not of the world. The 18 traits above mark the one of the world.

Do you care to share more about what you know of defiling the Sabbath and the cell phone in the hand and in the forehead? Enlighten us to more of what you know behind the deception of man. A watchman on the wall would be warning people and allowing them to see clearly. Anyone hiding truth would keep it to themselves.

"Woe to you experts in the law, because you have taken away the key to knowledge. You yourselves have not entered, and you have hindered those who were entering." (Luke 11:52)

You still have time to walk away from the deception. God is merciful. Read the book of Hermas. All you need to know for repentance is in there.

edit on 21-8-2012 by EnochWasRight because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 09:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Greatest I am
Does the award for the greatest evil go to Satan or God?

Many blame Satan for the evils of this world even as his power to deceive all of us comes from God.

As the creator of Satan, many think that God deserves the blame as he knew what Satan would be because God knows everything in advance.

What is the greatest evil you can think of and who do you think is to blame for it?

Who is the greatest sinner, Satan or God?

I lean toward God as scriptures name him the Alpha and Omega which to me means the best and the worse. Also, scriptures have God saying not to place any other above him and I would be going against this by placing Satan above him in the category of the most evil. I do not want to break the first commandment.

Do you dare by putting Satan above God?

Regards
DL

Alpha and Omega are the first and last letters of the Greek alphabet.
I did not realize it was a competition for the Most Evil category. I don't blame Satan for most of what he gets blamed for, he is just a manipulator who makes people think they are doing him a favor.

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 09:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by JesuitGarlic

Plus the Bible points out that the Papal power is from Satan

Where does the Bible point that out? I have read the Bible for a very long time and I have never seen that.

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 10:16 AM
link   
reply to post by JesuitGarlic

Sounds like you're making stuff up in my opinion. When did Satan ever take responsibilities for those wars? Did he have a press conference that I missed?

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 10:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by WarminIndy

Originally posted by JesuitGarlic

Plus the Bible points out that the Papal power is from Satan

Where does the Bible point that out? I have read the Bible for a very long time and I have never seen that.

Revelation 13:2 ...And the beast that I saw was like unto a leopard, and his feet were as the feet of a bear, and his mouth as the mouth of a lion: and the dragon gave him his power, and his throne, and great authority.

From that verse we have the beast of the sea power shown to be given its 'power, throne and great authority' from the dragon (i.e Satan). Also in the description in Rev. 13 is the time period of most of it's rule 1260 prophetic days (1260 literal years). This is the same time period that references the time of the rule of the little horn power of Daniel 7 often given by the time period of: 42 months (Hebrew month of 30 days), three and a half years (times, time and a half - where the Hebrew year is 360 days long).

Considering that this beast of the sea and little horn power is referring to the same thing then we can explore all the descriptions the Bible gives and these two things to be able to identify it

Exterminates 3 nations...Rome will concede to it...Political & religious in one...Will reside on 7 hills...Rules for 1260 years...Will receive mortal wound...Mortal wound will heal...Was, is not, yet is...Will blaspheme...Will expect worship...Dark Sentences...Says Jesus had not flesh...Craftiness and deceit...Preaches another Jesus...666 the number of a man...Will hate the Bible...Will kill Christians...All wonder after him...Will embrace Babylon...Will join with all kings...Will mock Jesus...No desire for women...Beast forces Christians into hiding for 1260 years...Will be a mother church...Try's changing times & law
go to link to find all bible verses reference these characteristics and how they are fulfiled from the evidence of the historical record

You may want to follow up on this video to learn more about the beast of the sea, Satan's religio-political power carrying out his wishes through human agents on the Earth, by watching the following video as well (although the whole video series of 36 dvds is excellent as well)

A smattering of some of the crimes of the Papacy throughout history

1096 Roman Catholic crusaders slaughter half the Jews in Worms, Germany.

1098 Roman Catholic crusaders slaughter almost all of the inhabitants of the city of Antioch.

1099 Roman Catholic crusaders massacre 70,000 Muslims and Jews when they capture Jerusalem.

1208 – 1226 The Albigensian Crusades in southern France. Roman Catholic crusaders slaughter approximately 20,000 citizens of Beziers, France, on July 22, 1209. Albigensian Christians and Catholics were slain. By the time the Roman Catholic armies finished their “crusade,” almost the entire population of southern France (mostly Albigensian Christians) has been exterminated. During the six centuries of papal Inquisition that began in the 13th century, up to 50 million people were killed. Read what J. A. Wylie's The History of Protestantism has to say about the Crusades against the Abigenses

1236 Roman Catholic crusaders slaughter Jews in the Anjou and Poitou regions of western France. The Catholic crusaders trample to death under their horses 3000 Jews who refuse baptism.

1243 Roman Catholic mobs burn alive all the Jews in Berlitz, Germany (near Berlin).

1298 Roman Catholic mobs burn alive all Jews in Rottingen, Germany.

April 26, 1349 Roman Catholic mobs burn to death all Jews in Germersheim, Germany.

1348 – 1349 The Jews are blamed for the bubonic plague. Author Dave Hunt tells us, “Accused of causing the ‘Black Death’ Jews were rounded up [by Roman Catholic mobs] and hanged, burned, and drowned by the thousands in revenge.”

1389 Roman Catholic mobs murder 3000 Jews in Prague when they refuse to be baptized.

1481 – 1483 At the direction of the Roman Catholic inquisitors, authorities burn at the stake at least 2000 people during the first two years of the Spanish Inquisition.

1540 – 1570 Roman Catholic armies butcher at least 900,000 Waldensian Christians of all ages during this 30-year period.

1550 – 1560 Roman Catholic troops slaughter at least 250,000 Dutch Protestants via torture, hanging, and burning during this ten-year period.

1553 – 1558 Roman Catholic Queen Mary I of England (aka “bloody Mary”) attempts to bring England back under the yoke of papal tyranny. During her reign, approximately 200 men and woman are burned to death at the sake. Her victims include bishops, scholars, and other Protestant leaders.

1572 St. Bartholomew’s Day Massacre. French Roman Catholic soldiers begin killing Protestants in Paris on the night of August 24, 1572. The soldiers kill at least 10,000 Protestants during the first three days. At least 8000 more Protestants are killed as the slaughter spreads to the countryside.

1618 – 1648 The Thirty Years’ War. This bloody, religious war is planned, instigated, and orchestrated by the Roman Catholic Jesuit order and its agents in an attempt to exterminate all the Protestants in Europe. Many countries in central Europe lose up to half their population.

1641 – 1649 Eight years of Jesuit-instigated Roman Catholic butchery of Irish Protestants claims the lives of at least 100,000 Protestants.

1685 French Roman Catholic soldiers slaughter approximately 500,000 French Protestant Huguenots on the orders of Roman Catholic King Louis 14 of France.

Circa 1938 – 1945 Catholic dictators such as Adolf Hitler and Monsignor Tiso slaughter approximately six million Jews in Europe prior to and during World War 2.

1941 – 1945 The Roman Catholic Ustashi in the fascist state of Croatia butcher up to one million Serbian Orthodox Christians. Roman Catholic killer squads are often led by Franciscan priests, monks, and friars. This genocide is choreographed by two Jesuit prelates: Aloysius Stepinac and Ivan Saric.
www.toughissues.org...

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 11:17 AM
link   

Sounds like you're making stuff up in my opinion. When did Satan ever take responsibilities for those wars?

You're confusing religion with the truth.

And since when did Satan EVER speak the truth?

He has ALWAYS hidden behind a robe of religion to mask his crimes and direct the hate and blame towards God.

You must understand that not all is as it appears, you see what you have been taught to see.

Stop being controlled by the cognitive dissonance mind control...

The Synagogue of Satan

One group and one group alone is responsible for virtually all wars and bloodshed on the face of this planet. This evil cabal is few in numbers but, like a deadly octopus, its tentacles reach out to grip and strangle untold multitudes of innocent victims. The initiates of every secret society and internationalist organization, from the Council on Foreign Relations and the Jesuits to the Bilderbergers and the Order of Skull & Bones, obey the dictates of this sinister group and tremble when standing before its leaders.

The cabalist group I refer to is the Synagogue of Satan, an ancient, yet modern, elite so politically powerful and so fabulously wealthy that even past history has been twisted, reshaped, and revised to meet its preferred version of humanity's gloomy, totalitarian future.

Religious in nature, the Synagogue of Satan is, at its essence, a grotesque, satanic cult. It's high council is composed of High Priests of Lucifer; these are men who literally worship death while practicing sexual magick and occult rituals of the blackest nature. LINK

"...secular ideologies were responsible for the murder of 100 million innocent people during the last century." Source

Atheists kill people in such vastly greater numbers than any religion EVER

"And the much greater persecution of priests and believers
in 20th Century Atheist tyrannies clearly demonstrates
the murderous anti-theism of Atheists."

"Then you explain why they kill people in such vastly greater numbers
than any religion EVER HAS in all of history!?"

• Russian Civil War (1917-22): 7 to 10 million
• Soviet Union, Stalin's regime (1924-53): 20 million
• People's Republic of China, Mao Zedong's regime (1949-1975): 44 to 72 million

Source

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 11:36 AM
link   

Sounds like you're making stuff up in my opinion. When did Satan ever take responsibilities for those wars? Did he have a press conference that I missed?

Firstly let me point out that the god of Theosophy is in fact Satan by using a few quotes from their own foundational books.

to view Satan, the Serpent of Genesis, as the real creator and benefactor, the Father of Spiritual mankind. For it is he who was the "Harbinger of Light," bright radiant Lucifer, who opened the eyes of the automaton created by Jehovah, as alleged; and he who was the first to whisper: "in the day ye eat thereof ye shall be as Elohim, knowing good and evil" -- can only be regarded in the light of a Saviour. An "adversary" to Jehovah the "personating spirit," he still remains in esoteric truth the ever-loving "Messenger" (the angel), the Seraphim and Cherubim who both knew well, and loved still more, and who conferred on us spiritual, instead of physical immortality
Blavatsky, H.P. (2011-06-20). The Secret Doctrine: All Volumes (Illustrated) (Kindle Locations 17839-17844). . Kindle Edition.

Their prince is called in the Kabala Samael, the Angel of Death, who is also the seducing serpent Satan; but that Satan is also Lucifer, the bright angel of Light, the Light and Life-bringer, the "Soul" alienated from the Holy Ones, the other angels, and for a period, anticipating the time when they would have descended on Earth to incarnate in their turn.
Blavatsky, H.P. (2011-06-20). The Secret Doctrine: All Volumes (Illustrated) (Kindle Locations 15368-15371). . Kindle Edition.

Now we can get into some quotes where their god whom they give various capitalized titles to claims credit and support for various wars, bloody revolutions and dictators (quotes from top theosophist Alice A. Bailey):

let us never forget that it is the Life, its purpose and its directed intentional destiny that is of importance; and also that when a form proves inadequate, or too diseased, or too crippled for the expression of that purpose, it is – from the point of view of the Hierarchy [Satan]– no disaster when that form has to go. Death is not a disaster to be feared; the work of the Destroyer [Satan] is not really cruel or undesirable.
Alice A. Bailey, Education in the New Age, 1954, Lucis Publishing Company, p. 112.

"...death is the great Liberator."
Alice A. Bailey, The Rays and the Initiations: Volume V, A Treatise on the Seven Rays, 1960, Lucis Publishing Company, p. 607

Pain has always been the purifying agent, employed by the Lords of Destiny [Satan], to bring about liberation. The accumulated pain of the present war and the inherited pain of the earlier stage (begun in 1914) is bringing about a salutary and changing world consciousness. The Lord of Pain [Satan] has descended from His throne and is treading the ways of earth today, bringing distress, agony and terror to those who cannot interpret His ends.
Alice A. Bailey, The Externalisation of the Hierarchy, 1957, Lucis Publishing Company, p.116

In June 1947 Bailey says that World War II,

with all its unspeakable horrors, its cruelties, and its cataclysmic disasters – was but the broom of the Father of all [Satan], sweeping away obstructions in the path of His returning Son.
It would have been well-nigh impossible to prepare for the coming in the face of the pre-war conditions.
Alice A. Bailey, The Externalisation of the Hierarchy, 1957, Lucis Publishing Company, p.618

Bailey credits the “Hierarchy” [Satan] of ascended spiritual masters for,

Their decision, taken early in this century, which precipitated – in the centre which we call ‘the race of men’ – those potencies and stimulating energies which produced that major destructive agency, the world war (1914-1945).
Alice A. Bailey, The Rays and the Initiations: Volume V, A Treatise on the Seven Rays, 1960, Lucis Publishing Company, p. 553

After the war, Bailey wrote in Education in the New Age that “the Custodians of God’s Plan” [Satan] viewed World War II as,

in the nature of major surgical operation made in an effort to save the patient’s life; [the operation had been] largely successful [in removing] a violent streptococcic germ and infection [that had] menaced the life of humanity.
[The operation] was made in order to prolong opportunity and save life, not to save the form. The operation was largely successful.
[But this would just be the beginning as] The germ, to be sure, is not eradicated and makes its presence felt in infected areas in the body of humanity. Another surgical operation may be necessary, not in order to destroy and end the present civilisation, but in order to dissipate the infection and get rid of the fever.
source: Alice A. Bailey, Education in the New Age, 1954, Lucis Publishing Company, p. 111-112

Bailey’s use of the germ/infection metaphor for people paralleled Himmler’s speech to senior SS officers in Posen in 1943: “We have exterminated a bacterium because we do not want in the end to be infected by the bacterium and die of it. I will not see so much as a small area of sepsis appear here or gain a hold. Wherever it may form, we will cauterise it. All in all, however, we can say that we have carried out this most difficult of tasks in a spirit of love for our people. And we have suffered no harm in our inner being, our soul, our character.” (Michael Burleigh, The Third Reich: A New History, Hill and Wang, 2000, p. 661).

Alice Bailey and her associates at the Lucis Trust have repeatedly praised revolutions and dictatorships, approving them as part of the workings of “the Plan" [Satan]. In September 1939,[123] she said, “The men who inspired the initiating French revolution; the great conqueror, Napoleon; Bismarck, creator of a nation; Mussolini, the regenerator of his people; Hitler who lifted a distressed people upon his shoulders; Lenin, the idealist, Stalin and Franco” were “great and outstanding personalities who were peculiarly sensitive to the will-to-power and the will-to-change;” all were “expressions of the Shamballa force”[Satan] (a force which Bailey extolled) and “emphasised increasingly the wider human values.”[124]

[123] Alice A. Bailey, The Externalisation of the Hierarchy, 1957, Lucis Publishing Company, p. 105.
[124] Ibid., p. 133.
source

Yeah, he isn't going to claim responsibility in a press conference, that would ruin like half of his tactics that being to convince the world he doesn't exist so there is no need for people to have their guards up or to believe what Christianity has to say...

P.S alright Auto, I understand you'll question my use of the word Satan in this one
...lets move on

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 11:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Murgatroid

Wow, really? You're using words that describe yourself against me. That is extremely ironic, you are the one under the mind control of 'Satan', you just refuse to see it. Satan masquerades as an angel of light and you have fallen for their trap, the churches trap, and they have you under mind control with your fear of Satan when they are Satan themselves. They have deceived you perfectly and you will never see it.
edit on 21-8-2012 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 12:10 PM
link   

reply to post by autowrench

What he says is true in a sense. Satan is mankind and the lord is nature. Mankind turned its back on nature a long time ago and that is why we were thrown into the hell that we have made for ourselves.

OK, I'll buy that. Can you show me this Satan? Got his number? Have you ever researched out the origins of that word, and the doctrine of an ultimate author of pure evil? Probably not. It was originally an Arabic word, meaning "adversary." Question: My step son is my adversary on many things concerning my home.

Is he a Satan? No.
Is he possessed by Satan, or one of his Demons? No.
When did an adversary become an Evil Force?

Origin:
1300–50; Middle English adversarie < Latin adversārius, equivalent to advers ( us ) ( see adverse) + -ārius -ary; replacing Middle English adversere < Anglo-French

Dictionary.com
Where does this Satan live?
Which group or religious sect supports Satan as a real living being?

As you can see, provided you spent some time doing research, this "Satan" being is all made up, just like a lot of other Holy Roman Church/Christian myths were made up by the priests.
From a Christian website:

Most U.S. Christians don't believe Satan, Holy Spirit exist
By: Jennifer Riley
Tuesday, 14 April 2009, 14:35

The majority of American Christians do not believe that Satan is a real being or that the Holy Spirit is a living entity, the latest Barna survey found.

Nearly six out of ten Christians either strongly agreed or somewhat agreed with the statement that Satan "is not a living being but is a symbol of evil," the survey found.

Forty percent strongly agreed with the statement while 19 percent of American Christians somewhat agreed.

In contrast, about 35 percent of American Christians believe Satan is real. Twenty-six percent strongly disagreed with the statement that Satan is merely symbolic and about one-tenth (9 percent) somewhat disagreed.

The remaining eight percent of American Christians responded they were unsure what to believe about the existence of Satan.

source link
May I ask why YOU believe in, and support in a public forum, this being "Satan" that many Christians do not even believe in?

As for Satan being a symbol, I can really buy in on that. That's all it is, a symbol. Mick and Keith thought mankind was Satan also....

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 12:31 PM
link   

That can be applied to anything. I think some people were anti-Catholic and read into those verses what might not be there. I am not Catholic but I don't want to think I read something that was not applicable. I have heard those verses for a long time by anti-Catholics. I suppose we shall see when it comes to pass.

My views on the antichrist is that he will come from the revised Ottoman Empire and this is why I say that...

The Bible states that the number of the beast is 666 which is the number of a man. Two times prior this happened in the Bible, one time Abimeleck was counted and his people numbered 666. The other time was the verse about the talents of gold Solomon received. I am not in math so therefore I cannot count the number, but a census and gold are both counted.

Going on that premise, either a census is what the Bible is referring to, or something related to Solomon. So I looked into that and saw that Suleiman the Magnificent was the last great Caliph of the last great Caliphate, the Ottoman Empire. Suleiman is the Arabic name for Solomon. Suleiman was born in a city on the sea. Understand this, the verses of Revelation were addressed to the churches in Asia Minor, each one of them are in Turkey, which is where Suleiman is from.

Suleiman I (or Suleyman), "the Magnificent", Ottoman Sultan, succeeded his father Selim I in 1520. His birth coincided with the opening year of the 10th century of Muslim chronology (AH 900), the most glorious period in the history of Islam. Eventful as the age was both in Europe, where the Renaissance was in full growth, and in India, where the splendor of the emperor Akbar's reign exceeded alike that of his predecessors and his successors, Suleiman's conquests overshadowed all these. It is noteworthy that though in Turkey he is distinguished only as the law-giver (kanuni), in European history he is known by such titles as the Magnificent. He was the most fortunate of the sultans. He had no rival worthy of the name. From his father he inherited a well-organized country, a disciplined army and a full treasury.

Suleiman was a law-giver, he had an army and his treasury was full. It is not hard then to imagine this magnificent time is what Muslims want to have again, a man like Suleiman.

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 12:33 PM
link   

Was it evil for God to create a being that had free will and decided to rebel against the heavenly kingdom because he wanted to receive worship like God and not be subject to the Divine Law of the universe despite having been given the highest position of honour and the most abilities out of any created being in Heaven

Let us see what the book of Timothy, being as that is the only authority you seem to believe in.

1 Timothy 5:21
King James Version (KJV)

21. I charge thee before God, and the Lord Jesus Christ, and the elect angels, that thou observe these things without preferring one before another, doing nothing by partiality.

So the Angels are "charged before God himself, and the other God, Lord Jesus Christ, to observe these things without preferring one before another, doing nothing by partiality.
Pretty self explanatory if you ask me.
Angels do not communicate anywhere in the Bible in a Telepathic, or "in your head" manner. The Bible records Angelic communication using words like “said,” “called,” “talked,” “asked,” and “answered.” These indicate standard speech. They also seem to use “body language” in their interactions with humans. So this in effect shoot down the theory of Angels/Demons "possessing," "controlling," or "influencing" humanity in any way are negated. Human Beings are evil enough without a master of evil. Want to stamp out evil? Begin on a genetic level.

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 12:51 PM
link   

Wow, really? You're using words that describe yourself against me. That is extremely ironic, you are the one under the mind control of 'Satan', you just refuse to see it. Satan masquerades as an angel of light and you have fallen for their trap, the churches trap, and they have you under mind control with your fear of Satan when they are Satan themselves. They have deceived you perfectly and you will never see it.

Like I said BEFORE: you're confusing religion with the truth.

They are like night and day, complete and total opposites...

Religion hates, God LOVES...

You say that the church has deceived me yet I HATE religion with a passion, how about YOU?

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join