It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Does the award for the greatest evil go to Satan or God?

page: 10
<< 7  8  9   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 11:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Greatest I am

In that case, you have judged them to be unworthy of your respect. Which means you don't WANT to respect them.

Respect does not need to be mutual. Being parasitic, we think it has to be, because that's how we function best. But it is not necessary. For instance, take a Lifetime movie. In many of those, someone is treated very poorly, yet they continue to return to the person who treated them poorly. They respect that person. But the respect is not returned.

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 12:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Greatest I am
Respect has to be earned. I admit that I gave you a bit on another issue where we are speaking of Gnosticism.
Time will tell if we can share respect. It is a two way street and reciprocity is required.

We will see if both of our swollen heads deserve to be or not.

Regards
DL

What is funny is the philosophy which I speak of is the same as yours however we are not meeting the middle, I believe the effort of communication is had on my part.

Do you realize the hermetic philosophy is the root and the Gnostics hold the flowers from said root, to the hermetic philosophy?

If so, if you in fact realize this then why do you continuously paint me as an enemy of thought wheras I'm not ??

I don't have a swollen head, I am being confronted with attacks and trying my best to sort them as best as I can whereas we see the light and not the darkness in thought.

I try to show both of you the truth whereas you continue to fight it.

I hope by the time this thread has exhausted itself you will see the thoughts come together in a way you didn't realize they could.

I've been where you are and the direction I'm going is forward, I'm really trying to take you with me, please stop fighting with me, lower your guard and TRY to see what I see..... If only for a moment in time.

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 12:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Greatest I am

Originally posted by AfterInfinity

Time will tell if we can share respect. It is a two way street and reciprocity is required.

We will see if both of our swollen heads deserve to be or not.

Do you realize how arrogant this sounds? It's not a matter of CAN you share respect, it's a matter of how willing you are. If you WANT to respect someone, it won't matter how hard it is. You'll do it. You won't be able to NOT do it.

edit on 14-9-2012 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

Reciprocity is what creates respect in it's fullest form.
You will not respect someone to the fullest if you know that they think you are not worthy of theirs.

Regards
DL

Words don't lie, go back and read what has been posted..... It's all there for us all to see.

Your picture is not an accurate portrait of me. It's based on assumptions, attacks and disrespect.

That's how I see it.

What you see regarding god and all there is, is a place I've pondered and where you are at, I've been.

There is no right or wrong.... There is an ego though and while I'm willing to shove mine away for the moment I'm. It given the same respect.

I'm not the student here asking questions am I?

The student asks the teacher a question, but unless the student is willing to LISTEN to the answer there is no way the teacher can answer.

There seems to be a set up within your op.

You ask a question, however you already know???

I'm about to relieve myself from this thread and all of yours quite frankly.

A one sided converstaion cannot be had. It takes two.

Don't ask questions you claim to already know otherwise be open to answers whereas you do not just dismiss what you don't understand.

Btw the greatest evil does not go to Satan nor does it go to God as They are the ends of the same.

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 12:16 PM
link   

In that case, you have judged them to be unworthy of your respect. Which means you don't WANT to respect them.

Respect does not need to be mutual. Being parasitic, we think it has to be, because that's how we function best. But it is not necessary. For instance, take a Lifetime movie. In many of those, someone is treated very poorly, yet they continue to return to the person who treated them poorly. They respect that person. But the respect is not returned.

Look, I'm glad you two are star buddies but this has gone on too far and I'm willing to answer questions AS I SEE IT, however don't ask of someone when you are not willing to hear their answer and then go on to vilify. It's just not cool with me.

Your last paragraph is odd to me. Really? You can justify anything, I guess???

For me respect has to be mutual. Period. I can only be pushed around until I either walk or push back. I've found FOR MYSELF it's best for me to walk.

Trial and error.

Mistakes are not mistakes when you continue them.

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 12:19 PM
link   
reply to post by MamaJ

Don't waste your time with people like him, he's only here to sour other peoples moods. I totally agree with you. Anyone who has been keeping up with the exchange will know he is in the wrong. He's arrogant, just take a look at his name.

Don't let him ruin your day anymore, he doesn't deserve what you're trying to tell him. He's too thick headed to understand.

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 12:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by 3NL1GHT3N3D1
reply to post by MamaJ

Don't waste your time with people like him, he's only here to sour other peoples moods. I totally agree with you. Anyone who has been keeping up with the exchange will know he is in the wrong. He's arrogant, just take a look at his name.

Don't let him ruin your day anymore, he doesn't deserve what you're trying to tell him. He's too thick headed to understand.

Thank you, I'm walking away and putting my energy where it's better spent.

It's taking to much of my time and it's not positive.

Like Hermes says, " When the ears of the student are ready to listen, then come the lips to fill".

Minds have to be somewhat close in thought and evidently ours is so far from one another we can't find the middle.

Being a gnostic surprises me as the op does not reflect that school of thought. It actually has me more confused. Lol

Thanks again, your support is appreciated! Xoxox

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 12:46 PM
link   
reply to post by MamaJ

Like Hermes says, " When the ears of the student are ready to listen, then come the lips to fill".

This begs the assumption that what you have to say cannot be incorrect in any fashion, when in truth it relies on perspective. You can look at something from different angles, and those different angles will provide different conclusions for different people, and from there...different paths. Some of those paths are not entirely beneficial, and some are more damaging than others. They are all educational, but some roads are better suited to a person than others.

Perhaps your Hermes is your suitable teacher, but maybe others do not learn the same way.

I keep pointing this out to you.

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 12:52 PM
link   
reply to post by 3NL1GHT3N3D1

Are you insulting me or Greatest? Either way I do not appreciate it. I have made my stance on THAT particular angle quite clear in my above post. Thanks so much for your condescending and misunderstanding attitude...may it bring you all the joy you desire in this world.

Just like with all understanding, it is purely subjective...and of course, our personal views are most valuable to us personally. But there are certain things declared to be universal, such as morals. And should you take this stance (as most Christians do) then you cannot argue that "God" remains above the same moral standards imposed on us. If we are to be judged by such standards, so must he, regardless of what he's said or given to us.

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 01:01 PM
link   
reply to post by AfterInfinity

It was aimed at greatest, sorry you took it that way though.

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 01:25 PM
link   
reply to post by MamaJ

Look, I'm glad you two are star buddies but this has gone on too far and I'm willing to answer questions AS I SEE IT

Which obviously means that it is not only NOT an absolute truth, but don't you dare insult me by referring to me as a "star buddy". You seem to believe that your "Hermes buddy" has all the answers, and that because you believe those answers, they cannot be wrong.

I am here to tell you that your journey is not yet finished, because you are still alive. Therefore, however much you think you know, it is not nearly enough. I will admit I am in the same shoes, but I simply try to spread what I have so far, instead of touting my beliefs and perspectives as though anyone who continues to question me is exhaustibly dull and should study your beliefs to be worthy of learning from you. That is the impression I have received, and believe me, it is highly counter productive to what we are doing here.

I am more than willing to listen to your viewpoints, but if you continue to act as though I am the idiot for not understanding or not agreeing, then that will end. With all due respect, of course. In conclusion, I believe that every post I have made has been just as valid as yours.

You have yet to prove me wrong in anything. When you do, I will concede. Until then, the award for the greatest evil goes to the Christian "God", in my mind, because if he exists, that validates the entire Bible, which means that he has violated his own rules from the very beginning.

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 01:26 PM
link   
reply to post by 3NL1GHT3N3D1

Apologies accepted. Shall we continue discussing who is more evil?

One of my previous posts contains a rudimentary argument in support of "God" receiving this illustrious award.

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 01:45 PM
link   
I don't see the point in believing in a God who will send you to hell for eternity if you don't believe in him simply because you are a rational thinker.

What I also don't understand is that creationists always say, how did the universe begin out of nothing? Now I agree these are questions which we are still trying to answer, and don't blame os for not knowing the answers. Humans as we know now are only about 50.000 years old, we have already made so much discoveries around us and answered many questions which were previously unanswered. Saying God made the Universe is only raising more and more questions. And I find it harder to believe in a God which has been there for Eternity Eternity Eternity Eternity Eternity Eternity Eternity Eternity Eternity Eternity Eternity Yes, thats right, Eternity, something we cannot comprehend. We just can't, think about it.
Another thing that makes me disbelieve in the Christian or Jewish God or any religious god is the Universe, once you read about it's stunning beauty and complexity, I just can't, can't believe in a God which sends people to hell for, again, Eternity
edit on 14-9-2012 by rambo1112 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 01:48 PM
link   
reply to post by rambo1112

Actually, it's 50,000 years ago. That's when we became fully modern.

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 01:50 PM
link   
reply to post by AfterInfinity

ah ok, already thought I made a mistake there.. thanks for the heads up.

But you got my point I think..

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 01:52 PM
link   
reply to post by rambo1112

I did. Don't expect everyone here to listen though. It's that familiarity principle...we will follow what is familiar, because anything else is too strange for comfort. And lack of comfort means a compromise in survival.

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 09:02 PM
link   

Stockholm syndrome.

Judging them unworthy is a judgement. It has nothing to do with my desires to respect them or not. It just means they have yet to earn it. If conditions change in the future and my judgment changes, I am pleased to respect them.

Regards
DL

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 09:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by MamaJ
[

Btw the greatest evil does not go to Satan nor does it go to God as They are the ends of the same.

Are we talking bible God here?
That is not the Christian view so, if it is the view of your God, what has he done to interact with us that we can look at and discuss?

Regards
DL

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 09:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by MamaJ
[

Being a gnostic surprises me as the op does not reflect that school of thought. It actually has me more confused. Lol

Thanks again, your support is appreciated! Xoxox

Did you think there was only one Gnostic sect?

A bit of research will show that there were many mystery schools when Constantine did his burning and killing after buying the then Orthodox Church.

I can be what I know through apotheosis, did you?

If so, tell what that was like?

Regards
DL

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 09:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by rambo1112
I don't see the point in believing in a God who will send you to hell for eternity if you don't believe in him simply because you are a rational thinker.

What I also don't understand is that creationists always say, how did the universe begin out of nothing? Now I agree these are questions which we are still trying to answer, and don't blame os for not knowing the answers. Humans as we know now are only about 50.000 years old, we have already made so much discoveries around us and answered many questions which were previously unanswered. Saying God made the Universe is only raising more and more questions. And I find it harder to believe in a God which has been there for Eternity Eternity Eternity Eternity Eternity Eternity Eternity Eternity Eternity Eternity Eternity Yes, thats right, Eternity, something we cannot comprehend. We just can't, think about it.
Another thing that makes me disbelieve in the Christian or Jewish God or any religious god is the Universe, once you read about it's stunning beauty and complexity, I just can't, can't believe in a God which sends people to hell for, again, Eternity
edit on 14-9-2012 by rambo1112 because: (no reason given)

Eternity is confusing.
If God is there, eh, then, and we are to go there, then that is, and eternity encompasses all of time, as eternity is supposed to and must, then logically, we are already in hell and eternity.

Right?

The logic seems right but must obviously be wrong.

Right? Or should I say wrong?

HELP

MamaJ

I think I need your teaching ability on this one. You said if I recall that you knew the shape of the universe and the 100 dimensions so you would know all about time and space. Care to opine and teach?

Is there only one eternity and are we in it?

Regards
DL

top topics

<< 7  8  9   >>

join