It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The How-To Guide For Trolls. "Rules of Troll Club."

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 06:34 PM
link   
Came across this list on a blog and thought it interesting as we have seen the very same actions here on ATS.

I know there is an underground collective of sorts with regards to trolls on the net and was curious as to whether fellow members here see this as a Troll Manifesto?

Nevertheless, it is an interesting read by someone knowing the subject matter very intimately.

Read on. Follow the link for the remaining Rules.

Peace

nickyclark.blogspot.ca...

The Rules Of Troll Club

1st rule of Troll club. Incognito is key. Never ever recognise yourself as a Troll.This is vital for success.

2nd rule of Troll club.Ensure you maintain 100%hypocrisy at all times eg- “How dare you curb my right to free speech by exercising free speech in doing so”

3rd rule of Troll club. Leave your self awareness at the door. Eg- I'll agree droolingly with my star, get a RT, delight in my increased followers, then attack critics as self publicists.

4th rule of Troll club.Shock and Awe with added victimisation. Eg-I will introduce myself to you by way of attack then be a very hurt puppy when you reply in kind

5th rule of troll club.Constant brevity.Only ask short offensive and most important rhetorical questions eg "are you #ing stupid?" "Why don't you # off?" "Who do you think you are?"

6th rule of Troll club.Confuse with sweeping generalizations ensuring that you also compare AND inform.eg- "Why are you making such a fuss about CRAP there are people DYING in the world"

Posting Work Written by Others: Please read.
Going forward, if you post something that is not 100% your own writing or work you must use the EX TAG, post NO MORE THAN 10% of the original (or three paragraphs, whichever is least), and GIVE A LINK TO THE SOURCE MATERIAL. If the work you are posting is not on the internet, from a book for example, you MUST give a credit for that Book ( the title), its Author and Publisher.
edit on August 20th 2012 by greeneyedleo because: (no reason given)

edit on 20-8-2012 by jude11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 06:38 PM
link   
Should be posted on the front page of every single internet forum as part of the TOS, sort of as a primer to proper trolling.

So people know how to engage and not engage them properly.

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 06:40 PM
link   
reply to post by jude11

Very interesting and it makes me wonder which came first, the a-holes online or the self proclaimed troll? I guess both, and some like to taunt for the fun of it while others feed their ego by agitating others. With an official name, I imagine more have jumped on the band wagon of trolldom.
This is why I got me a troll detector!

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 06:41 PM
link   
I thought the rules were:

1) Never talk about troll club
2) Never talk about troll club.

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 06:42 PM
link   
didn't you just break rule #1 ?

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 06:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by benrl
Should be posted on the front page of every single internet forum as part of the TOS, sort of as a primer to proper trolling.

So people know how to engage and not engage them properly.

I agree.

Whether it is a true mandate or not, it speaks the truth and should be on the front of ATS even.

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 06:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by syrinx high priest
didn't you just break rule #1 ?

DAMN!

Peace

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 06:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by jude11
Came across this list on a blog and thought it interesting as we have seen the very same actions here on ATS.

I know there is an underground collective of sorts with regards to trolls on the net and was curious as to whether fellow members here see this as a Troll Manifesto?

Nevertheless, it is an interesting read by someone knowing the subject matter very intimately.

Read on.

Peace

nickyclark.blogspot.ca...

The Rules Of Troll Club

1st rule of Troll club. Incognito is key. Never ever recognise yourself as a Troll.This is vital for success.

2nd rule of Troll club.Ensure you maintain 100%hypocrisy at all times eg- “How dare you curb my right to free speech by exercising free speech in doing so”

3rd rule of Troll club. Leave your self awareness at the door. Eg- I'll agree droolingly with my star, get a RT, delight in my increased followers, then attack critics as self publicists.

4th rule of Troll club.Shock and Awe with added victimisation. Eg-I will introduce myself to you by way of attack then be a very hurt puppy when you reply in kind

5th rule of troll club.Constant brevity.Only ask short offensive and most important rhetorical questions eg "are you #ing stupid?" "Why don't you # off?" "Who do you think you are?"

6th rule of Troll club.Confuse with sweeping generalizations ensuring that you also compare AND inform.eg- "Why are you making such a fuss about CRAP there are people DYING in the world"

Posting Work Written by Others: Please read.
Going forward, if you post something that is not 100% your own writing or work you must use the EX TAG, post NO MORE THAN 10% of the original (or three paragraphs, whichever is least), and GIVE A LINK TO THE SOURCE MATERIAL. If the work you are posting is not on the internet, from a book for example, you MUST give a credit for that Book ( the title), its Author and Publisher.
edit on August 20th 2012 by greeneyedleo because: (no reason given)

I can name a few ATS'ers that fit this description! S&F!

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 06:46 PM
link   
1. There is no such things as trolls on the internet.

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 06:47 PM
link   
I certainly don't find ATS to have many trolls. I think a lot of idiots here think that anyone that disagrees with them is a troll, which constantly amuses me. Trolls don't need rules, it's more a art.

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 06:48 PM
link   
The best part of Troll Club is the Troll-house cookies we eat after the meetings.
Mmmmhhh! Yummy!
That's why I joined.

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 06:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Domo1
I certainly don't find ATS to have many trolls. I think a lot of idiots here think that anyone that disagrees with them is a troll, which constantly amuses me. Trolls don't need rules, it's more a art.

Some truth surfaces my friend.

We may have a few but yes, it is definitely a case of strong minded individuals disagreeing on a topic many times that gets someone labeled a troll.

Peace

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 06:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by boncho

Long time no speak Boncho! Missed ya!

Nope, no trolls...

Peace

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 06:52 PM
link   
When they attack the poster rather than the post they are a troll, probably paid too.

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 06:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by VoidHawk
When they attack the poster rather than the post they are a troll, probably paid too.

And there it is.

Well said.

Peace

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 06:55 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 06:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Domo1

I know what trolls look like - Sheep
Well that's also what folks get called for not agreeing to blindly follow a nonsensical conspiracy.

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 06:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by jude11

Originally posted by boncho

Long time no speak Boncho! Missed ya!

Nope, no trolls...

Peace

Been pretty good. Suffering some powerful hangovers, but besides that all is well.

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 07:07 PM
link   
Just like the NWO, Aliens, Jesus, Nibiru, the easter bunny, pixies, dragons, santa clause, and my sanity.... Trolls simply do not exist... Conversely, if trolls do exist then so does all of the above as well...

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 08:14 PM
link   
Troll is one of the most overused words on the entire internet. It generally is used to insult people who genuinely have unpopular opinions or who can't express themselves very well or who are just blunt people.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join