It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is your problem with "matter" ?

page: 11
<< 8  9  10   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 11:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by gosseyn

Originally posted by AllIsOne
reply to post by gosseyn

Basically, brain matter is capable of producing all the phenomena that we would commonly associate with mind, and soul. Flanagan thinks the soul is a myth - and he has plenty of evidence to support his claim.

Neuroscience has made many leaps, but it is still in its infancy. I cannot even imagine what we will know about the brain in ten years.

Yes, it is exactly what I wanted to say with this thread. There is a whole tangible universe that we haven't yet completely understood, still there are people who like to jump to final conclusions and invoke an "immaterial realm". I would say that this is the story of science through the centuries : always redefining and pushing the frontiers, and there have always been people to invent fairy tales to describe what lies behind those temporary frontiers.

And to be clear, I am not saying that an immaterial realm which would be completely different in nature from the material realm doesn't exist, but I am saying that so far, we have no reason to assume that there's one.

I guess I am the perfect agnostic on this one.

There is an immaterial realm. This is not even debated in science. Light is not matter. Is space matter?

"Concepts which have been proved to be useful in ordering things easily acquire such an authority over us that we forget their human origin and accept them as invariable."
-- Albert Einstein
edit on 2-9-2012 by rwfresh because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 12:15 AM
link   
reply to post by rwfresh

"Light is not matter."

how do you know light exists? is it detectable?

what hypothetical constituents would compose something immaterial? how would it be detected if by definition it is undetectable and non existing?

how can something be something if its nothing?

I do not have a view on this matter as of now,, im honestly looking for answers...
edit on 3-9-2012 by ImaFungi because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 11:33 AM
link   
reply to post by ImaFungi

Light CAN BE matter but matter cannot be light.

Light can trap matter but matter cannot trap light.

Light is what allows us to see matter which tells our brains what is observed.

Our brains are light that has trapped matter as well.... This is a perceptional reality via light and matter.

Matter tries to overcome the light but it's not possible.

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 02:41 PM
link   
reply to post by MamaJ

"Light CAN BE matter but matter cannot be light. "

ok... what creates light? how does light be matter?

"Light can trap matter but matter cannot trap light. "

how does light trap matter?

if you shine a flash light against your wall does the light shine through the other side? or does the wall trap it?

"Light is what allows us to see matter which tells our brains what is observed. "

okok

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 02:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by ImaFungi
reply to post by rwfresh

"Light is not matter."

how do you know light exists? is it detectable?

What is light? Once we know what it might be then we can label it (detect it).

what hypothetical constituents would compose something immaterial? how would it be detected if by definition it is undetectable and non existing?

immaterial things are not undectectable or non-existing. I am using the words in the traditional science context. I am not a scientist. Just going by the agreed upon understandings of the science authority.

how can something be something if its nothing?

Only one thing can be. And it is and always was. Things that don't actually exist like matter are illusions.

I do not have a view on this matter as of now,, im honestly looking for answers...
edit on 3-9-2012 by ImaFungi because: (no reason given)

Cool. There is no intellectual answer for Truth. In fact trying to discern it intellectually perpetuates the illusion. Truth is the only thing that exists. It is actual.

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 05:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by ImaFungi
reply to post by MamaJ

"Light CAN BE matter but matter cannot be light. "

ok... what creates light? how does light be matter?

"Light can trap matter but matter cannot trap light. "

how does light trap matter?

if you shine a flash light against your wall does the light shine through the other side? or does the wall trap it?

"Light is what allows us to see matter which tells our brains what is observed. "

okok

I've done a lot of reading and this is what I've learned. You have to search for your truth.... Just as I did.

Look up all that above on google. I'm not lying... I'm not trying to confuse you at all, just trying to educate you quicker than the many years it took me to learn it. Lol

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 07:23 PM
link   
reply to post by MamaJ

Obviously, it's not true that "matter cannot trap light" because it obviously does when it shines on the wall and doesn't go through the other side.

There is no "truths" there is only "The Truth", however, there may be many different VIEWS of it (opinions, emotions) but it is the same truth.

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 08:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by arpgme
reply to post by MamaJ

Obviously, it's not true that "matter cannot trap light" because it obviously does when it shines on the wall and doesn't go through the other side.

There is no "truths" there is only "The Truth", however, there may be many different VIEWS of it (opinions, emotions) but it is the same truth.

Research it before you assume I'm wrong. Lol

It's well documented that all matter is energy, however energy is not matter, it can be.

Matter cannot trap light, it always escapes.

Some say a black hole traps light and it's the only thing that can, however no one can prove such.

I'm not arguing about anything here, I'm stating what we all know or should know via physics.

I've researched the human anatomy, stars, dust, clouds, light, energy, matter, and so on and so on. I've been on a personal quest for knowledge since I was born and more so after my son died in 99. I don't feel as though I'm illiterate or uneducated.

Knowledge based perception is what we all have to offer and I'm offering what I know to be TRUTH in the sense of science and what I observe. Your truth can be whatever you want it to be, I won't try and change you or push an agenda but I will teach and learn.

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 10:04 AM
link   
reply to post by MamaJ

It is really hard to believe so, and to be honest, I DO see evidence that what you are saying is true, but why isn't it practical?

I saw a water-rice experiment where they were proving that light (love/spirit) has an affect on the material and so does destructive thoughts/words.

It was called "The Emoto Rice Experiment", and even when skeptics on YouTube tried it, it was true for the majority of them, and for the ones who believed it worked all the time.

So even most skeptics had good results and a change of opinion - why it didn't work for ALL of them, I am unsure.

However, when we speak about Light in day to day life, it doesn't feel like its affecting anything.

If I send Light (love energy/thoughts/words/action) to a person who hates me for example - they may still hate me - but with this rice experiment it seems to work.

Yes, it is proven, but it doesn't seem to be practical.

I even saw a video of a Chi Master and what he described as "Chi" had effects similar to electricity, it could illuminati a light bulb and start a fire, but why can't most do this if they know it exists and seen others do it before their eyes?

It doesn't make sense, so while it may be true that Light is this or that, it doesn't seem to have any practical uses...

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 03:02 PM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

I think the understanding comes with research and study of light.

Same with matter... Have to understand that which you are reading to form conclusions based on scientific studies.

Without light, we cannot see. Without light we die. We need light in every way possible within this life on Earth. Beyond this Earth, I can only speculate and draw conclusions from brains that have been out of their body via death or an experiment and listen to their stories, combine them and form a conclusion.

Quantum mechanics tell us a lot. Love it!

Our bodies are similar to that of the entire solar system. We have our own system as well.

Many systems working together for the ultimate cause which is LIFE.

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10   >>

join