It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

What is your problem with "matter" ?

page: 9
9
<< 6  7  8    10  11 >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Aug, 27 2012 @ 10:58 AM
link   
reply to post by SplitInfinity
 


Since the universe is constantly expanding, it is not finite. The number of lightyears that you posted, as the current age of the universe, is not a fixed constant.




posted on Aug, 27 2012 @ 11:01 AM
link   
Matter is only a projection from the light in the material world. That's really all I have but I could expand more in detail my thoughts regarding this matter we are talking about.

It's all expression.



posted on Aug, 27 2012 @ 11:04 AM
link   
reply to post by rwfresh
 


Thanks for your reply.

I've had countless anomalous/paranormal experiences in my life. Some even highly "spiritual", but I've come to doubt that those experiences were based in an external reality. The human mind, especially the temporal lobe, is a wondrous thing ...



posted on Aug, 27 2012 @ 11:09 AM
link   
reply to post by MamaJ
 





It's all expression.


Cutting edge physics have shifted away from matter, quanta, and QM probability to "packets of information". What you wrote is very deep.



posted on Aug, 27 2012 @ 11:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by AllIsOne
reply to post by rwfresh
 


Thanks for your reply.

I've had countless anomalous/paranormal experiences in my life. Some even highly "spiritual", but I've come to doubt that those experiences were based in an external reality. The human mind, especially the temporal lobe, is a wondrous thing ...


Ha! The most beautiful thing about that experience you had, or any for that matter is stored in your subconscious mind and most likely came from your sub. Mind.

Where is that located, ya think?



posted on Aug, 27 2012 @ 11:24 AM
link   
reply to post by MamaJ
 


somewhere in there.....




posted on Aug, 27 2012 @ 11:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by ImaFungi
reply to post by MamaJ
 


somewhere in there.....



HAHAHAHA! Ok....

Where in there?

Im not so sure it resides in the brain, but we can definitely see the effects it has on the brain and nervous system.



Just for informational purposes... www.trancemaker.co.uk...


The Subconscious Mind The subconscious mind takes up the remaining 88% of our brain's capacity, and could be compared to a massive computer system that stores all of the information regarding our location, situation, feelings etc. It controls our Autonomic Nervous System such as our heart beat, breathing, organs and glands - in other words all of the things we do not have to think about. The subconscious mind has no reasoning power, and cannot reject anything that it is told. The subconscious mind has a perfect memory. In fact if you were to merely glance at the face of a passer by in a crowd, your subconscious mind would be able to recall every detail regarding that person such as his clothes, facial lines or wrinkles, everything that you saw. You may have to do some searching to find this information, but be assured that it would be there, even years later. Many Police Forces now use hypnotism to bring these memories to the forefront of a witness's mind. As mentioned earlier, the conscious mind constantly refers to it's counterpart for information. When a person is writing a word on a piece of paper, the subconscious mind will attempt to locate the correct spelling and then pass that information to the conscious mind so that it can instruct the muscles in the hand to act accordingly. If a child constantly misspells a certain word, it is likely that, as the child grows older, the incorrect spelling will always be used. This is because the subconscious mind has recorded the incorrectly spelt word and has no way of knowing that it has been misinformed. In effect, the subconscious mind is like a computer program that runs our body for us. It never sleeps and will continue to runs it's program, such as digesting food, maintaining the body, healing cuts and bruises etc. Whilst in a trance state, the subconscious mind will accept any suggestion it receives without question. It must be remembered however that is a suggestion is not conducive with the moral code of the subconscious, or if it is perceived as a threat, then there is a likelihood that the conscious mind will reawaken to analyse the situation accordingly.


www.nytimes.com...

Here we are talking about a brain and the subconscious belonging to the brain exclusively right?

It matters and is matter, right? Or is it? We know it's effects but we really don't know much.. Well, not as much as I would like to know.

Can it be observed, Yes!

Is it expressive? Yes!

All matter exerts A gravitational effect on another, correct?

This is why I think thoughts and actions matter so much because they are expressive in matters that effects another. Does that make sense? Lol



posted on Aug, 27 2012 @ 11:52 AM
link   
reply to post by MamaJ
 


"All matter exerts A gravitational effect on another, correct? "

if the subconscious mind can be explained as an aspect of the material brain,, why the need to make it appear as anything else? what would the meaning be if it was immaterial? what would that matter and what would it entail?
why all the desiree to be "more"(?) or something other then exactly what we are?

I would look up some videos on gravity,,, because I do not think the gravitational effect on all matter to all other matter is as significant as the massive gravitational effect of massive celestial bodies,.,,

for example if i threw a rock, and marble, and shoe at you ( all material objects) they would not begin to orbit you...



posted on Aug, 27 2012 @ 12:05 PM
link   
reply to post by MamaJ
 


"This is why I think thoughts and actions matter so much because they are expressive in matters that effects another. Does that make sense? "

of course thoughts and actions matter so much,,,, because thats all we are....

we use thought to act, and act to further thought... through this repeating cycle, since the earliest humans,, we have turned wild animalistic nature into everything that exists in the world and everything humans do and can do.,,.,.



posted on Aug, 27 2012 @ 12:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by ImaFungi
reply to post by MamaJ
 


"All matter exerts A gravitational effect on another, correct? "

if the subconscious mind can be explained as an aspect of the material brain,, why the need to make it appear as anything else? what would the meaning be if it was immaterial? what would that matter and what would it entail?
why all the desiree to be "more"(?) or something other then exactly what we are?

I would look up some videos on gravity,,, because I do not think the gravitational effect on all matter to all other matter is as significant as the massive gravitational effect of massive celestial bodies,.,,

for example if i threw a rock, and marble, and shoe at you ( all material objects) they would not begin to orbit you...


I don't want to derail with the brain, so let's move on from that deep rabbit hole. I get down them quicker than you and I both can blink. Lol

I perceive everything as related to another and so on so ..... That's just how my brain works. Sorry. :-)

You can look up videos about matter and the gravitational effects if you would like, fine by me.

If you read this link in its entirety you get a glimpse of my mind and thoughts regarding matter, the cosmos, and us.... Every " thing". Who knows, you may learn something and put it together for your own reasoning and teach what you learned to me.... It's appreciated! :-)

It's about the closest I know of to descibe in detail my thoughts regarding this subject of matter.

After all, it's all about perception of said matter anyway. When the Universe divided, it never came back as a whole, not yet anyway as we observe.

en.wikipedia.org...



posted on Aug, 27 2012 @ 12:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by ImaFungi
reply to post by MamaJ
 


"This is why I think thoughts and actions matter so much because they are expressive in matters that effects another. Does that make sense? "

of course thoughts and actions matter so much,,,, because thats all we are....

we use thought to act, and act to further thought... through this repeating cycle, since the earliest humans,, we have turned wild animalistic nature into everything that exists in the world and everything humans do and can do.,,.,.


This isn't just about we... It's about All matter. That's where I'm at and where I'm going, are you with me or??



posted on Aug, 27 2012 @ 12:39 PM
link   
reply to post by MamaJ
 


im not sure about all matter,,,.,. because i dont think a rock can think,, i will change my mind if im proved wrong,.,.
also humans using their mind and thought seem to have the most freewill to move and think as they feel in regards to anything else ive ever seen,.., besides other animals,., but compared to other animals we are a world of our own,,
edit on 27-8-2012 by ImaFungi because: (no reason given)



posted on Aug, 27 2012 @ 12:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by ImaFungi
reply to post by MamaJ
 


im not sure about all matter,,,.,. because i dont think a rock can think,, i will change my mind if im proved wrong,.,.
also humans using their mind and thought seem to have the most freewill to move and think as they feel in regards to anything else ive ever seen,.., besides other animals,., but compared to other animals we are a world of our own,,
edit on 27-8-2012 by ImaFungi because: (no reason given)


Why that is in my opinion is because we are sooooooo much more than meets the eye, in this matter form. We are sooooo much more.

The problem with science is its like religion. You have many minds working on something but not together as the individual perceptions are divided. This happened in the beginning of matter. It became divided.

The source of all energy is not proven, it's a theory based on and labeled the Big Bang. Everything we do in science regarding such as matter goes back to a big bang.

What IF the big bang is not at all what we think, thus the experiements are off because of the initial thought process then being the consensus regarding " the beginning" of space time and all that is?

Mathematically I would think we should be able to prove the Multi Verse theory or Bubble Verses, but we can't.

Did you read the link? It's quite an interesting read and goes to show you what other intelligent people think when they observe matter of the cosmos.



posted on Aug, 27 2012 @ 12:58 PM
link   
reply to post by ImaFungi
 





we use thought to act, and act to further thought... through this repeating cycle, since the earliest humans,, we have turned wild animalistic nature into everything that exists in the world and everything humans do and can do.,,.,.


They won't orbit me but they will effect me and effect the object which you throw.

Cause and effect, right?

The universe, just like earth has a set of rules/ laws. They go hand and hand with other matter as well.

Expression of thought is indeed divided from one person to another, it cannot be seen per say to act upon but we know it causes an effect.

We all have waves of light orbiting us, so " they" say. In human terms it's called an aura which supposedly originates from the brain. Lol

What does an atom look like?

We are similar to all of creation, yet we hold something else that's far more cooler than an aura.



posted on Aug, 27 2012 @ 01:53 PM
link   
reply to post by MamaJ
 


ok,, you said a lot,, and i dont know what i think of it all,.,.,,. but all i can say is there is not much need of you to worry about the greater universe and what lies beyond.,.,., it is fun to think about,, but that universe does not need you to think about it, and therefore you dont need to think about it,,, but you can if you want.,,.,.

what im trying to say is the most important thing in the universe, is yourself,, ( to you, that is true).,. without it you can not do any thinking about the universe,, or sit or stand or walk or talk,,.,. your life is what needs the most immediate attention and it is what the universe wants to show you,, it gave you and all things the opportunity to exist as you are, so that you can experience yourself in the universe,,. I hate to see you launch all these theories and confuse yourself and others about just about everything,, when really what does it mean> your still gonna have to wake up, and eat, and sleep, and experience yourself on this earth,,, so to me,,, enjoying that is most important,,, or all thats important,,.,.basically,, dont make yourself crazy desireing these ideas of auras and these fanciful concepts, because,, things are the way they are,, and you thinking about them will not change the way you and things are,.,.,. also you can make up in your mind and believe just about anything, so how do you know the things and ways you are thinking of things are true..,,. sorry for being a buzzkill.,.,



posted on Aug, 27 2012 @ 02:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by ImaFungi
reply to post by MamaJ
 


ok,, you said a lot,, and i dont know what i think of it all,.,.,,. but all i can say is there is not much need of you to worry about the greater universe and what lies beyond.,.,., it is fun to think about,, but that universe does not need you to think about it, and therefore you dont need to think about it,,, but you can if you want.,,.,.

what im trying to say is the most important thing in the universe, is yourself,, ( to you, that is true).,. without it you can not do any thinking about the universe,, or sit or stand or walk or talk,,.,. your life is what needs the most immediate attention and it is what the universe wants to show you,, it gave you and all things the opportunity to exist as you are, so that you can experience yourself in the universe,,. I hate to see you launch all these theories and confuse yourself and others about just about everything,, when really what does it mean> your still gonna have to wake up, and eat, and sleep, and experience yourself on this earth,,, so to me,,, enjoying that is most important,,, or all thats important,,.,.basically,, dont make yourself crazy desireing these ideas of auras and these fanciful concepts, because,, things are the way they are,, and you thinking about them will not change the way you and things are,.,.,. also you can make up in your mind and believe just about anything, so how do you know the things and ways you are thinking of things are true..,,. sorry for being a buzzkill.,.,


Where in my posts do you see " worry"?

What is all this concern about? Is it because you are confused?

Me launching a theory is not had in my posts, they were launched well before I was born, but thank you! Lol

When it comes to our minds and brains working.... Thinking.... It all matters. What I think matters a great deal to me because inside of me is all I will be taking with me when I leave this existence. I care a great deal about what I think. If I were to get cancer do you not think my mind could make or break the cancer within? I think so!

There is a difference between me educating myself about myself and my surroundings than worrying myself to no ends where I can't sleep. The latter is definitely NOT the case.

You haven't killed my buzz a bit! NO WORRIES, ok?!

I love brain stimulation and the orgasm of the mind is where it's at as far as I'm concerned but it's not for everyone.



posted on Aug, 27 2012 @ 03:00 PM
link   
reply to post by MamaJ
 


ok glad to hear,.



posted on Aug, 27 2012 @ 05:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by AllIsOne
reply to post by rwfresh
 


Thanks for your reply.

I've had countless anomalous/paranormal experiences in my life. Some even highly "spiritual", but I've come to doubt that those experiences were based in an external reality. The human mind, especially the temporal lobe, is a wondrous thing ...


No problemo! Thanks back at you. Respect to you. The brain is wondrous for sure. And even more wondrous is the environment it and all matter seemingly reside or come from. Truly awesome.



posted on Aug, 27 2012 @ 06:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by MamaJ
reply to post by SplitInfinity
 


This is awesome.... Please continue with your thoughts.

Thanks!


Thank YOU! I am happy you are enjoying it. Thanks again. Split Infinity



posted on Aug, 27 2012 @ 07:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by AllIsOne
reply to post by SplitInfinity
 


Since the universe is constantly expanding, it is not finite. The number of lightyears that you posted, as the current age of the universe, is not a fixed constant.

You are right in the aspect that Dark Energy is not only EXPANDING the Universe...it is ACCELERATING this expansion and the Galaxies that are in our Universe will fly away from each other to a point that one day they will be so far apart that they will most likely not be able to be seen...of course our Sun will be long gone before this happens and Universal Geometry is still not 100% determined so the VOID that will be created might snap like a Rubber Band as Space/Time exists only because Matter and Energy exist. Without Matter and Energy you have no Space/Time.

But our Universe is FINITE in the sense that it has a FINITE NUMBER OF CELESTIAL BODIES AND FINITE AMOUNT OF ENERGY...DARK ENERGY...DARK MATTER...and a Limited Time for it's existence.
Split Infinity



new topics

top topics



 
9
<< 6  7  8    10  11 >>

log in

join