It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Romney supports Audit of the Federal Reserve

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 05:48 PM
link   
I was glad to read this because it needs to be audited. Romney said:

Borrowing Rep. Ron Paul's presidential campaign push, Mitt Romney said Monday he thinks the Federal Reserve should face an audit.

"Very plain and simple, the answer is yes. The Federal Reserve should be accountable. We should see what they're doing," Mr. Romney, the presumptive Republican presidential nominee, said at a town hall in New Hampshire.

www.washingtontimes.com...

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 05:50 PM
link   
reply to post by neoholographic

Seriously speaking... while I would love to see an Audit of the Federal Reserve. I would hate to see the results of that audit.

~Heff

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 05:52 PM
link   
I don't believe him.

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 05:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hefficide

Seriously speaking... while I would love to see an Audit of the Federal Reserve. I would hate to see the results of that audit.

~Heff

Agreed. But its the only way to fix things.

The truth shall set us free. Of course there will be some road blocks along the road to freedom.

I think we should follow Iceland's example. Hold the people accountable who got us into this mess and make sure it never happens again.

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 05:58 PM
link   
I don't think it will matter one way or another. Will it really raise awareness about what the fed is doing? Most American's wouldn't even understand it...Much less care.

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 06:21 PM
link   
Perhaps Mitts business chops coming into play?

I gotta think the results would be an OH %&^ moment for any who read them.

As in, this ponzi scheme is over and we are all royally screwed.

Probably be locked down faster than the supposed rose well aliens.

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 06:31 PM
link   
he believes the fed should be audited, but he didn't say that he would push legislation to audit the fed.

Mittens will say anything to gain votes.

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 06:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by muse7
he believes the fed should be audited, but he didn't say that he would push legislation to audit the fed.

Mittens will say anything to gain votes.

Exactly. Not to mention with his flip flopping history, it would be very difficult to not find something that sounds good.

Lets not forget he passed gov't mandated healthcare which he doesn't believe in. So how much worth does his words have?

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 07:24 PM
link   
He can say he supports an audit all he wants.
But I would bet dollars to donuts that the findings of that audit would be sealed to the House Committee on Financial Services, and most likely sealed to a sub-committee.

The fact that he has received so much in campaign contributions from the big banks, casts about 12 metric tons of doubt on any type of action against the Fed being initiated by the Executive Branch.

Personally, I think this is his attempt at pandering to the Ron Paul crowd.

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 08:47 PM
link   
Oh come on. Do you believe him? How many promises did Obama make before his election, only to ignore them and do the exact opposite? How about Bush? Seriously, how long is it going to take you mush-heads to get this into your heads. PRESIDENTIAL CANDIDATES SAY WHATEVER THEY THINK YOU WANT TO HEAR.
edit on 20-8-2012 by OrchusGhule because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 11:25 PM
link   
He is pandering for votes. Don't make me pull up the debate where he himself proclaimed the fed is already audited in an attempt to make Ron Paul look bad. Now all of a sudden he supports it? Even jiferrd knows not to play along and support his boys desperate pandering because he knows Romney doesn't even care

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 10:15 AM
link   
This puts him at odds with the NWO. They have been cooking books since the start. If they can create money out of thin air, why not steal it? To them it's just paper.

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 10:42 AM
link   

Well this is the first logical thing that has spewed out of his filthy mouth!!

Wait, if they audit the fed, won't that have ties with all money in the world??

That would then bring to light his tax issues going on now, no?? If the fed is audited, they would have to show all money distributed, and therefore taxes (money) paid in.......???

Sorry if I am off here, just don't understand how the audit would completely work?

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 10:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by IndieA
I don't believe him.

Neither do I

Simple pandering to the Paul base. Wont work.

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 10:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by IndieA
I don't believe him.

Signed

Romney the flip-flopper is for audit the fed now, because it's a popular view in the masses and he badly need support. After he secured the rep. nomination or the general election he will flop back on secrecy for the fed.

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 10:48 AM
link   
Romney wont focus on the fed:

reply to post by crawdad1914

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 10:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by jjf3rd77
I don't think it will matter one way or another. Will it really raise awareness about what the fed is doing? Most American's wouldn't even understand it...Much less care.

And this is the reason for the situation we are in. "I don't care". Ok, well, it doesn't matter if people don't care because reality says we're broke, and the more the FED keeps printing fake money/putting fake band-aids on it, the harder the crash is going to be. Either way, the crash is coming.

An audit would force the FED to publisize it's corruption. The $$ isn't there, it's all a fantasy in lala land they are living in and selling to the American public.

Edit: I don't believe Romney either, not for a second.

edit on 21-8-2012 by Wookiep because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join