It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama threatens to attack Syria

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 05:39 PM
link   

US President Barack Obama has a stern warning for the country of Syria. In an address made early Monday, the commander-in-chief confirmed that he has not ruled out an offensive strike on Bashar al-Assad and his regime.
Speaking from the White House, President Obama said that if Syria is able to procure chemical or biological weapons, the United States will follow through with its threat of launching an attack.

rt.com...

Over 200 have died just this past weekend from direct attacks from Syria military and helicopters.

Even though the Rebels are taking massive losses as well, they will keep on until Assad is dead or leaves in Exile.

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 05:50 PM
link   
Like he hasn't been covertly funding the FSA terrorists already? More MSM lies by omission. All part of the Grand Facade. The illusion of innocence. The dirty deeds. Take country by sabotage and regime change, version 100.0

But it's ok, folks. No worries. Obama didn't build the FSA terrorist insurgent organization, you did.

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 05:54 PM
link   
Problem - Reaction - Solution

give the warning, take the "Necessary Measures"

i believe they know if they attack Syria, it will induce other countries, such as Iran,

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 06:52 PM
link   
reply to post by CALGARIAN

"if Syria is able to procure chemical or biological weapons, the United States will follow through with its threat of launching an attack"

Ahuh, let's just wait for, Syrian forces (FSA) will likely 'use' these soon.

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 08:23 PM
link   
He's only threatening this because he knows Romney wont put up with it and its the popular vote now. Obama is all talk....always has been.

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 08:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by damingus
He's only threatening this because he knows Romney wont put up with it and its the popular vote now. Obama is all talk....always has been.

He did help take Libya out, no matter how small the US's role was.

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 08:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by damingus

Yeah Obama has never ordered any military operations, as long as you ignore drone strikes, the Libya operation, Somolia, sending SF down to help go after the LRA, sending a team to kill Osama, and a build up of forces in the Gulf. Yep all talk.

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 10:07 PM
link   
LMAO!!!!! "Obama threatens to attack Syria". Are you serious? And folks wonder why this site appears as its inhabited by 5th graders.

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 10:13 PM
link   
reply to post by DaesDaemar

I think Iranian / Israeli agents will be the ones to release something..

.. they both want the US involved...

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 10:19 PM
link   
This site is freaking scary. Every day i think the threads cant get any dumber then i log in and prove myself wrong. Geez.

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 10:19 PM
link   
wait, wait, wait.

President Obama said that if Syria is able to procure chemical or biological weapons, the United States will follow through with its threat of launching an attack.

It's a KNOWN FACT that Syria has chemical and biological weapons...
not to mention the distinct possibility that it received WMDs from Iraq prior to the 2nd Iraq war.

What on earth is he on about, or is this just poor reporting?

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 10:23 PM
link   
Well the CIA aren't done larping, so Obama still needs to pretend there isn't any US intervention.

I betcha the first thing the 'rebels' will do is set up a central bank.

~Tenth

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 10:31 PM
link   
Central bank? Well duh...if they want funding from the international community then of course they set up a central bank. There is a reason why the dictators in charge of certain countries do not have central banks.

There is probably a reason why the criminal in your neighborhood doesnt have good credit. Oh-ok, you think he is just being done "wrong". Ok.

Originally posted by tothetenthpower
Well the CIA aren't done larping, so Obama still needs to pretend there isn't any US intervention.

I betcha the first thing the 'rebels' will do is set up a central bank.

~Tenth

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 01:36 AM
link   
It was about time that the FSA FREEDOM FIGHTERS / MILITANTS will get mor and better weaponry (because really, even if the US doesn't attack Syria, the MILITANTS are getting armed anyway).

Btw, why people think FSA are terrorists?

There is no difference between FSA and Hamas.

I like this lol : If FSA are freedom fighters, than Iran is supporting a TERRORIST state named Syria, so Israel have all the reasons to strike Iran.

If FSA are terrorists, so are Hamas, so Israel have every right to turn Gaza into rubble.

But I bet someone will come here and say "blablabla FSA are terrorists and Hamas are freddom fighters" because blablabla some stupi reasons that work only on brainwashed people.

The fact is that Israeli haters will ALWAYS hate, no matter that FSA = Hamas.

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 02:02 AM
link   
reply to post by semakka

I agree that Hamas and the FSA are both terrorists. Does that mean I can't hate on Israel anymore?

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 02:47 AM
link   
reply to post by PieceOfThePuzzle

Libya was Sarkozy's baby..everyone knew that..Obama didn't want to interfere with a allies plan..thats all that was. Still the US was fully complicit in that they are the reason Libya went shat doody to begin with....Al CIAda started it....and Sarkozy followed through with the plan.

Funny, they didn't even want Gadaffi alive at all, he musta knew something they didnt want repeated.

Assad will meet his doom this much is certain.....how remains to be seen. Chances are they want him off'd too.

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 02:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by princeofpeace
LMAO!!!!! "Obama threatens to attack Syria". Are you serious? And folks wonder why this site appears as its inhabited by 5th graders.

HEY HEY.....no 6th graders allowed......and your in the wrong lunch line....

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 03:16 AM
link   
dunno if any of you remember this.. but during the bush regime.. condaleeza rice was quoted at some luncheon or dinner as saying "syria's next" or "our eyes are on syria next" etc..or something to that extent... maybe some of you guys want to dig it up...

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 08:16 AM
link   
Here is some further justification the US may imploy.

Obama warns Syria of ‘enormous consequences’ over use of chemical, biological weapons

President Barack Obama said Monday the U.S. would reconsider its opposition to military involvement in the Syrian civil war if President Bashar Assad’s beleaguered regime deploys or uses chemical or biological weapons. He called such action a “red line” for the United States.

Speaking to reporters at the White House, Obama said the use of such weapons of mass destruction would considerably widen a conflict that has already dragged on for a year-and-a-half and killed some 20,000 people, according to activists. Syria possesses extensive chemical and biological weapons stockpiles and has threatened to use them if the country comes under foreign attack.

“That’s an issue that doesn’t just concern Syria. It concerns our close allies in the region, including Israel. It concerns us,” Obama said, also acknowledging the possibility that militant groups might acquire some of those weapons. “We cannot have a situation where chemical or biological weapons are falling into the hands of the wrong people.”

As i had mentioned in another thread, this is just like the WMD situation in Iraq, and as history shows us, is more then enough justification for the US to attack.

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 08:16 AM
link   
Awww bless that government for bringing peace everywhere around the World by their stern war tactics.

They're so kind that they keep bringing peace to us people ...

Sarcasm Off!!!

While they're saying this ... They're thinking that they'll get their army closer to Iran and also I wonder who they go for after all this Syria/Iran thing is over....

BASKETSSSSSS!

top topics

<<   2 >>

join