It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why in the hell do we make friends ?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 12:23 AM
link   
I tell you all, it is so good to have this place during times like this. I'm feeling better now thanks to you folk.

To Hopeforeveryone

You were actually right on time with your scientifically based post. I mean that is where I truly started to go with this thread. But I fell completely apart while trying to achieve that and went all goo and slopped everything all over the place.

Thank you.

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 05:07 AM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

I've lost so many friends and even lovers over the years it becomes numbing after a while. Yet, despite the fact I could just close off and be dead, I allow the friends I've lost to remain in my memory, especially the good times we all had, the fun and the brushes with laws and such, and the great things I learned from them, rather than the reality they are gone and I won't see them anymore.

Truly, no one is ever really gone if you hold their memory and all the times they made you smile and taught you neat stuff about life close by. As one friend said to me once, "When we get to heaven we'll be old men, and they'll still be young hoons dancing rings around us." Time does help, as much a cliche it no doubt sounds right now.

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 10:51 AM
link   
reply to post by 74Templar

Thank you 74. For a little while I was overwhelmed. But I'll Be able to make his funeral and I'm preparing some words for the guy now. Hopefully I won't be two long winded.

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 01:48 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

I'll be honest with you that is the hardest part, because it is the reality that goes along with it that someone is gone from your life when you attend their funeral. Any part of it is never easy, and I have moments when I realise those friends are actually gone, and no matter how long after it still bums you out. Just hold onto the good stuff they gave you in life, it'll be ok in time. That much I can promise.

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 04:05 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

I can't blame you for going a bit gooey, i think it's pretty natural to get depressed, then angry after losing people you're close to. I've been rather lucky in life so far and haven't lost any really close friends or family even though i'm hitting middle age so i can only imagine how horrible it is. I guess the other posters are on the money when they say best to remember the good times and be thankfull for the way these relationships have brought a bit of light into ones life.

Friends are important, I moved cities a year or so ago and my old friends, even though they're about 100 miles away have helped me stay sane in trying times. I'm glad i live in the times of skype and the internet as it does make staying in touch a lot easier. Does seem harder to make friends as you get older and crotchety so the old ones do get more important.

Anyways good luck with the funeral, i like the Irish way of doing wakes, it's a good way to send people off, though the hangover can be a bit nasty

posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 11:17 AM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

Any & all friends I have I keep distant. What we truely love can easily disappear or burn in a flash, so Its really best to just love yourself most even though it means pretending to love the others closer to you

posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 11:38 AM
link   
I know I'm at the point in my life where I don't want any new friends. I haven't had one die on me, but I just get tired of one way relationships where people don't give a damn about how you feel and always expect you to bow down and obey them. They will only do things with you on their terms, and only if your interests coincide with theirs and won't do things with you that you like because you're just a stupid retard or some such other thing.

So really, if this is all one can expect of life, why bother with friends?

new topics

<< 1   >>

join