It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

French mother in custody battle with Saudi prince falls to her death

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 04:37 PM
link   

"What I can tell you is that it wasn't a suicide," Ms Tarquiny-Charpentier said .

Ms Cohen-Ahnine recently wrote a book describing her fight to "get back" her 11-year-old daughter, Aya, whom the mother claimed has been held captive by the girl's father, Prince Sattam al-Saud from the Saudi royal family, since September 2008.

She alleged that when she agreed to visit Prince Sattam with her daughter in 2008, she was immediately locked up in a Riyadh palace, and accused by authorities of being a Muslim who converted to Judaism, a crime punishable by death in Saudi Arabia. When a maid left her door open she was able to escape to the French embassy, and return alone to France.

In January a Paris criminal court ordered Prince Sattam al-Saud to hand over custody of his daughter to her mother and provide child support of 10,000 euros (£8,300) a month. But the prince reportedly dismissed the ruling, and said: "If need be, I'll go like [Osama] bin Laden and hide in the mountains with Aya."

www.telegraph.co.uk...

Once again another towel head prince thinks and by the looks of things feels that he is above the law, its no wonder they settle their differences in their home land with executions in the desert or within the streets. Its simply in their blood and that barbaric behavior is their natural order or society.
edit on 20-8-2012 by cerebralassassins because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 04:57 PM
link   
reply to post by cerebralassassins

Its simply in their blood and that barbaric behavior is their natural order or society.

Hopefully you know that's not actually true - there are multiple pressures and reasons involved, but quite a lot of faithful muslims who are likely also excellent US citizens, amongst others, shoot the point down.

This would seem to me more related to the entitlement of a life of wealth and power. Just because you don't hear about it quite so often with Western socialites likely doesn't mean it happens any less. Money yields power, and power corrupts.

I must say the conversion from Islam to Judaism is fairly striking on a side note, given the fact that Islam also accepts Jesus as messiah. Sad story to have such an odd fact making me curious though. Reminiscent of the DC madam case, somewhat.

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 05:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Praetorius

If you trace this family's history you will see identical fatal stories to outcomes that were related to them. I assume its an internal family way of dealing with problems when domestic or foreign who are not of blood line interfere with heritage. But yes i do agree with you that there are many outstanding citizens and not only in the u.s. but in other countries who have nothing in common with such so called outcomes. Lets face it, all those cases linked to a single family cant all be coincidences right ?

edit on 20-8-2012 by cerebralassassins because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 07:25 PM
link   
Originally posted by cerebralassassins: Once again another towel head prince thinks.

Yep, its talk like this that we really need…..

I'm sure that the prince would think you look strange in your fishnet singlet, cowboy boots, underpants and chaps

Try growing up a little and try and be less racist towards other people including a countries traditional dress.

Mickierocksman

edit on 20/8/2012 by Mickierocksman because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 04:14 PM
link   
Im curious, If this guy wasnt a "Towel head" as you so eloquently put it would you still be angry?

I hear stories of mothers, fathers even Grandparents "abducting" or hiding children to keep custody all the time.
Im not a parent but I assume wanting to be with your child is a natural parenting instinct.

No mention of the girls thoughts or feelings are in the article so how do we know its not what she wants?

I agree in the long term she would most likely be better off in Europe but who am I to say.

As for thinking hes above the law, when it comes to a country Im not living in as far as Im concerned Im above its law as well.
If a French court tried to tell me what to do Id tell em to shove a crusty croissant where the sun dont shine

top topics

join