It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Will These Rock Stars Survive the 1970's...........

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 04:36 PM
link   
Having always been a fan of music since I can remember, today I came across this front page cover of a magazine called Circus, which is dated February 1970….

The main question on the cover is asking which of these 20 rock stars who are approaching 30 will survive the 1970’s…………

Out of the 20 rock stars on the front cover of Circus magazine I found out that 13 are still alive today, 3 of them died between 1980 and 2003 and only 4 of them died in the 1970’s….

Out of the 4 that died in the 1970’s, three of them had died within 15 months of the magazine being published. Those three rock stars were Janis Joplin, Jimi Hendrix and Jim Morrison, who were all 27 years of age….

But as it has been well documented, 27 is the age when quite a few other rock stars have died, including Amy Winehouse, Kurt Cobain and Brian Jones….

There are probably a few rock stars pictured on the cover of the magazine who you would probably expected to have died, I just suppose that some are a little more luckier than others…

Makes you wonder when you look at the people on the magazine cover how they are still alive, functioning and still churning out music today….

Johnny Cash Died September 12, 2003, aged 71, complications from diabetes…..

Pete Townsend Still alive, 67 years old…..

Jim Morrison Died July 3, 1971, aged 27, supposedly died of a heart attack in the bath

Paul McCartney Still alive, 70 years old….

Grace Slick Still alive, 72 years of age….

Bob Dylan Still alive, 71 years of age….

Janis Joplin Died October 4th, 1970, aged 27, accidental overdose…..

John Lennon Died December 8th 1980, aged 40, shot by Mark Chapman…..

Jimi Hendrix Died September 18, 1970, aged 27, asphyxiated in his own vomit….

Johnny Winter Still alive, 70 years old…..

Alvin Lee Still alive, 67 years old…..

Ray Davis Still alive, 68 years old…

John Mayall Still alive, 78, years old….

Mick Jagger Still alive, 69 years old….

Elvis Presley Died August 16, 1977, aged 42, apparently died on the toilet...

George Harrison Died November 29, 2001, aged 58, non-small cell lung cancer

Ringo Starr Still alive, 72 years old…..

Charlie Watts Still alive, 71 years old….

Jimmy Page Still alive, 68 years old….

Dave Crosby Still alive, 71 years old…

edit on 20-8-2012 by davethebear because: spelling

edit on 20-8-2012 by davethebear because: title change

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 04:45 PM
link   
Are you sure about Macca?

Billy Shepherd n all that...

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 04:45 PM
link   
I'm thinking Ringo, Page and Crosby are all into witchcraft/magick... can anyone confirm this?
Maybe they also have philosopher's stones or the like.

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 04:50 PM
link   
reply to post by DeReK DaRkLy

Page bought the place Crowley used to do his rituals in and then stopped having anything to do with it after Bonzo and someone else died (I think?)

Paul Macca's last album cover is a masonic symbol, if he is indeed the real PM

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 04:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by DeReK DaRkLy

I'm thinking Ringo, Page and Crosby are all into witchcraft/magick... can anyone confirm this?
I don't think it was witchcraft that they were into --- I believe it was more of the occult!

I'm actually surprised Ozzy is still alive!

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 04:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Beavers
Are you sure about Macca?

Billy Shepherd n all that...

Yeah, I must admit you can't get two people more alike can you? It is very weird.......

Maybe there are only 12 people on that cover still alive then...haha

edit on 20-8-2012 by davethebear because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 05:37 PM
link   

You may find this link of interest if you read down from where George and Ringo are holding the yellow submarine........

www.jesus-is-savior.com...

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 05:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Beavers
reply to post by DeReK DaRkLy

Page bought the place Crowley used to do his rituals in and then stopped having anything to do with it after Bonzo and someone else died (I think?)

Paul Macca's last album cover is a masonic symbol, if he is indeed the real PM

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 06:30 PM
link   
reply to post by davethebear

r n r is the devils music, what a load of sh8t

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 06:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by eyeinoz

r n r is the devils music, what a load of sh8t

Thanks for your thoughts..................so well thought out.............always nice to have such a positive response to a thread........you are a delight, a lovely sunset on the horizon of nothingness......................

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 02:14 PM
link   
reply to post by eyeinoz

Wow! Rude much?

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 04:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by the_philth

haha same here, you would think that he would have been one of them to go.

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 04:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Soulreaper54

Originally posted by the_philth

haha same here, you would think that he would have been one of them to go.

Yeah, I guess Ozzy is what you call a freak of nature.................

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 05:36 PM
link   

"Ringo, Page & Crosby"

Was I that strung out in the 70's that I missed that Supergroup!!!

F me that would have been some band!

Rat

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 05:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by davethebear

You may find this link of interest if you read down from where George and Ringo are holding the yellow submarine........

Where did the hymnals of the Wesley brothers come from in the mid 1800?

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 07:16 PM
link   

Page had a brief stint with Heroin otherwise quite reserved unlike his founded star drummer Bonham who did make it past 30 but very sadly left his friends behind in 1980.
edit on 22-8-2012 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 07:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by randyvs

Page had a brief stint with Heroin otherwise quite reserved unlike his founded star drummer Bonham who did make it past 30 but very sadly left his friends behind in 1980.
edit on 22-8-2012 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

Yeah, the Zep boys did pretty well considering, but big shame about John though, absolutely amazing drummer, the speed of the man was mind boggling.............

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 07:56 PM
link   
The question posed now should be, will these rock stars survive THEIR 70's a lot of them are coming up on that age now.

Did anyone notice "The Who" left out the "Hope I die before I get old" line from my generation at the Olympics closing ceremony

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 08:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by davespanners
The question posed now should be, will these rock stars survive THEIR 70's a lot of them are coming up on that age now.

Did anyone notice "The Who" left out the "Hope I die before I get old" line from my generation at the Olympics closing ceremony

Yeah, that's a very interesting point, although there are about 8 of the rock stars who are 70 or older, the remaining 5 are all within a couple of years of each other before they also get to 70.

Considering all the copious amounts of drink and drugs that must have passed through their bodies over the years as well as normal/general wear and tear and getting older, I am amazed that they are still able to function, write new material and still able to perform on tour or at least play gigs.

My own father is 72 this year, he has never drank alcohol in his life and he certainly has never taken drugs, but he can only just about get out of the chair to get to the kitchen to put the kettle on...hahaha

But we will have to wait and see what the next 5 years or so brings, maybe we can then come back to this thread and then start to tick them off the list one by one.......

As for The Who not singing the line about not getting old, I certainly did not notice that at the olympics....well I suppose if they did sing that line it would have been 'Hope I die before I get OLDER' or OLDERER..haha.....maybe they just didn't want to tempt fate............

But something tells me that Paul McCartney will see them all out..................we'll just have to wait and see....

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 10:09 PM
link   
Wow, to be honest I thought a few of those people were dead, who aren't. Interesting thread to say the least. I will comment on the whole 27 "curse" that has been talked about a lot...If you look at how many musicians were famous before that age, as well as note the amount that used drugs, especially back then, the fact that only that many died at 27 is quite staggering imo. Nothing but probability the way I see it. Now if there were say 20 or 30 people in this group, I would be concerned, and suspect some type of Scooby-Doo curse was at work...But I don't think it is strange at all the way things actually happened. But again, thanks for posting. I enjoy random threads such as this one, that teach me something I didn't know.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join