It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Criticizing judges may be banned in Russia

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 03:28 PM
link   

Criticizing judges may be banned in Russia

rt.com

“If you are a professional and know all the procedures and laws, you can criticize a certain judge and only in certain cases. But, in my opinion, simply stating what others want to hear is wrong,” Kostunov pointed out.

He also stressed that once an opinion regarding a judge’s decision is posted on the internet, it stops being private and, therefore, can be seen as putting pressure on the court.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 03:28 PM
link   
I am posting this article to shed more light on Russia's current government and culture, something that isn't discussed much.

They don't really have free speech over there - this is one example of this. Although this article is only speculative, it is coming from a member of the major political party.

Think about the implications here. Pussy Riot does some dancing and singing in an Eastern Orthodox church, and a few members are arrested and sentenced to two years in prison by a judge.

This is what inspired this school of thought.

rt.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 03:55 PM
link   
I really do feel Putin had more of a hand in this. His style of control and leadership is really something different then what we see in some western countries.

I would love to see Obama, Harper or Cameron on a horse trying to appeal to the public.

Putin is governing with a clenched fist ontop of his mighty steed.
edit on 20-8-2012 by MDDoxs because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 03:59 PM
link   
the entire world is becoming a totalitarian state of the elite.
no differing of opinion will be allowed.
the lower classes will have no rights to protect them from the tyranny of the state and the elites

quite sad. our country isn't far behind what Russia is doing.

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 04:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by MDDoxs
I really do feel Putin had more of a hand in this. His style of control and leadership is really something different then what we see in some western countries.

I would love to see Obama, Harper or Cameron on a horse trying to appeal to the public.

Putin is governing with a clenched fist ontop of his mighty steed.

I'm fairly certain we have some pics of George W Bush doing that.
Kept the shirt on though lol.

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 04:23 PM
link   

When you have been around this long you know how the game is played and no pussy footing is going to take you down.

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 06:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by MDDoxs

1 out of 3 is easy -

Cameron - couldn't find an image, but appa rently he rides well enough for it to be part of a scandal!!

Couldn't find anything about Harper riding at all sorry

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 05:22 AM
link   
reply to post by MDDoxs

This is the best photo of Putin ever, by the way. Thanks for adding to the thread.

new topics

top topics

join