It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Former Marine Brandon Raub Sentenced To Up To 30 Days In Psych Ward Over Facebook Posts

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 06:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Wolfenz

It's my understanding that he is no longer in the Corps, so basically is a civilian just like you and me. I'm not sure what the conditions of his discharge were, I've not seen a credible story either way. It's my understanding that a Dishonorable discharge is the equivalent of being convicted of a felony with all the penalties ( no voting, no owning firearms, shows up in criminal background checks), there are other levels of discharge between dishonorable and Honorable though. The worst I saw someone get for anything other than a conviction of a serious offense was a bad conduct discharge for a pattern of misconduct.

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 06:37 PM
link   

His hand sign was V for vendetta. Just look at the shirt he has on doing it.
reply to post by JBA2848

Thanks for the verification

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 06:40 PM
link   
They basically did the "danger to himself or others" thing to get him. Most states have a law that allows authorities to do that.

Of course, that whole "danger to himself or others" is the slippery slope. One man's dangerous behavior is another man's free speech.

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 06:41 PM
link   
Brandon J Raub
AND THEY WILL SAY HE SAID IT TO THE NSA FIRST.
Share · August 16 at 12:06am ·
Kati Wood likes this.
12 shares

Brandon J Raub
www.youtube.com...

Feelin like Pac all Eyes on me.

DJ KHALED, AKON & TI "We Takin' Over"
www.youtube.com
Top Videos ... click: youtube.com... BUZZ ... must see: flix.bz... .... NEW today: cieon.me... We The Best is the follow-up to Listenn...
Share · August 15 at 10:32am ·
11 shares

Brandon J Raub
www.youtube.com...

The Revolution is here. And I will lead it.

Big Pun - Brave In The Heart
www.youtube.com
Big Pun Brave In The Heart; A tribute to the artist
Share · August 15 at 2:00am ·
19 shares

Brandon J Raub
The Revolution will come for me. Men will be at my door soon to pick me up to lead it.

Share · August 14 at 6:15pm ·
108 shares

Brandon J Raub I'm at **** ******* Road Richmond, Virginia 23237.
August 14 at 6:33pm · Edited

Brandon J Raub
www.youtube.com...

This is firefighters talking about the explosive charges placed within the twin towers.

9/11 Eyewitnesses to Explosive WTC Demolition 1/2
www.youtube.com
A key facet of the 9/11 catastrophe that is often overlooked is the reports of explosions at the Twin Towers that dozens of eyewitnesses gave on 9/11 and in ...
Share · August 14 at 8:37am ·
357 shares

Brandon J Raub
This is the picture of the Pentagon, right after our leaders shot a missle into it.

Share · August 14 at 8:28am ·
Raymond Young likes this.
614 shares

Raymond Young no plane here
August 14 at 11:27am · 1

Brandon J Raub
www.youtube.com...

There are some men who struggle against destiny. And there are Some who Embrace it.

Dragon Age 2 Trailer - Destiny Extended
www.youtube.com
Experience the stunning directorial cut version of the new Dragon Age 2 "Destiny" trailer, featuring extended footage more blood, more story, more action.
Share · August 13 at 1:52pm ·
4 shares

Brandon J Raub
You should understand that many of the things I have said here are for the world to see.
Share · August 13 at 1:28pm ·
Ben Ladwig likes this.
30 shares

Ben Ladwig Some poeple r blind. And most dont care. Just a part of the flock that is lead by lies.
August 13 at 2:01pm via mobile · 1

Brandon J Raub
Sharpen up my axe; I'm here to sever heads.
Share · August 13 at 11:38am ·
Justin Getz likes this.
19 shares

Brandon J Raub
veni vidi vici
Share · August 13 at 9:07am ·
Cathleen Thomas likes this.
3 shares

Brandon J Raub I came, I saw, I conquered.
August 13 at 9:27am

Brandon J Raub
Death is nothing, but to live defeated and inglorious is to die daily.

Napoleon
Share · August 13 at 1:36am ·
2 people like this.
32 shares

Brent M Raub Give me freedom or give me death
August 13 at 5:25am via mobile

Brandon J Raub
Do you know why the American people will win the civil war that is coming? Because we are Americans.
Share · August 12 at 4:07pm ·
60 shares

Brandon J Raub And Because we will not stand for oppression. The American people when awakened will become a terrible force to be reckoned with.
August 12 at 4:17pm

Brandon J Raub
Do you know what the secret of the Marine Corps is? Tell people they are Heroes and they will act it out.
Share · August 12 at 2:24pm ·
Gregory Price likes this.
36 shares

Brandon J Raub
The people responsible for posioning the America people from the sky will be held accountable. And there is going to be justice.
Share · August 12 at 12:44pm ·
Ben Ladwig likes this.
37 shares

Luke Edward Harris Im not convinced
August 13 at 1:01pm via mobile

Creators Child I am. WORD.
August 17 at 5:19pm

Brandon J Raub
This is a picture of the government dropping Barium and Aluminum Powder from the air on American Citizens.

Share · August 12 at 12:42pm ·
454 shares

Ben Ladwig What happened to this earth?
August 12 at 2:14pm

Dustin Lee Meadows where is this picture from what website?
August 12 at 11:55pm

Brandon J Raub
Friends,

You deserve to kow the truth. There has been an overwhelming amount of evil enacted and planned against you, your children, and your countrymen. It is great in scope. Your government evil. It is as simple as that.

And the calvary is coming.
Share · August 12 at 11:02am ·
2 people like this.
99 shares

Dustin Lee Meadows when and where?
August 12 at 11:58pm

Brandon J Raub
www.youtube.com...

Dear men and women in positions in power within our government, corrupt bureaucrats, corrupt judges and police, Nazis in the Marine Corps, Barack Obama and your Communist Cabinet,

My Time is Now John Cena
www.youtube.com
John Cena..My Time is Now Lyrics..I want everyone to know that i did make a mistake on this words..on the part where it says so for now im off records living...
Share · August 12 at 10:42am ·
17 shares

Brandon J Raub
Also, 911 was an inside job
Share · August 11 at 3:00am ·
26 shares

Brandon J Raub
www.youtube.com...

Dea

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 06:42 PM
link   
I apologize for taking up so much space, but I wanted to put a hard copy up here before it is edited on the Facebook page again.

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 06:48 PM
link   
Searching for the shirt he had on. It seems to be a Infowars shirt.

v for victory you are the resistance infowars.com shirt

Him wearing itt making hand sign.

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 06:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by thomas_

Everyone that holds a weapon wants to feel powerful, in control, unbeatable, etc and is to some degree, violent.

This is the most absurd thing that I have read, today!

I was with you, until you started generalizing about things that you obviously, have no idea about...

It's about being able to combat evil when it is brought to your door! You don't run into a burning building with a handful of dirt...You wouldn't charge into battle, armed with naught but a sharp tongue...And you can't defend your home and loved ones with the cop that's only 15 minutes away...

Contrary to the the current global political climate, some wars in history were simply one army trying to defend itself and it's country from the tyranny of another. Were those who were successful in repelling such advances, simply wanting "to feel powerful, in control, unbeatable, etc and is to some degree, violent?"
edit on 8/21/2012 by GoOfYFoOt because: added text

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 06:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Tao Jones

Thank you SO much for taking the time and space to post all that. It seems to show both sides of this. Some...even most...I'd say it routine and par for the course of anti-gov talk and protest. In fact...I really want to know what his Screen Name here *IS*...not might be. If he WAS NOT a member..when had he been? I mean his thinking is far too close to topics every day on the forums to think he never found ATS himself and came here. It's No slight on ATS...but the subject matter attracts all sorts and it's too big a place to miss for the serious folks.

There are absolutely a few there though.... Just a few, but with things like Oklahoma City in 95, clear to the present day of Aurora and others in the headlines, they can't ignore it or ignore him.

If he'd posted all this....and then gone and DONE something... Half the people here would be calling him a shill and agent for U.S. Intelligence in performing the attack with all those posts as proof he laid the ground work on behalf of Uncle. The other half would be demanding WHY someone didn't DO something when his words seemed to indicate what he may later have gone on to do.

Damned if they do and damned if they don't....but he stepped far enough into the threat and intent of action to where I'm rather glad they're at least taking a look to see if potential for actual violence is there or not.

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 07:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

I would say you would have to look into banned members. He was heay into the gold coin MLMmarketing. A lot of his rants were related to it. Numis Network is setup like a pyramid scheme he was involved in.

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 07:08 PM
link   
Here are the last few posts:

AND THEY WILL SAY HE SAID IT TO THE NSA FIRST.

Feelin like Pac all Eyes on me.

The Revolution is here. And I will lead it.

The Revolution will come for me. Men will be at my door soon to pick me up to lead it.
I'm at *** ******* Road Richmond, Virginia 23237. · Edited

Whether he was mentally ill or not, it kinda looks like he was TRYING to get on big brother's radar. He succeeded. He even gave them his address, in case they didn't feel like looking that hard. Hell, maybe he DID say it to the NSA first.

Infowars shirt huh? Hmm....

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 07:30 PM
link   
First off, big thanks to the membes of ATS for bringing this story to our attention a few days before it made it to the mainstream media.

I wonder why his mother, who gave an interview in an earlier posted youtube video shortly after his "detention" has not provided any updates on how he's doing? Would she have access to talk to him? I'm not sure.

I've been telling everyone I know about this story, and quite frankly, have been disappointed in the reactions. Most don't seem to see it as a concern at all. They tend to assume if he was taken in, he needed to be.

Following this one with interest and appreciate all the updates by everyone.

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 07:34 PM
link   
H ere is a much more thorough (and space saving) version of the original Facebook page:

Full Facebook Posts GIF

Taken from this site: Network World
edit on 21-8-2012 by Tao Jones because: To add source

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 08:05 PM
link   
His fb posts have his name and face on them - what do we expect ? @ 'I am the leader...' i think that ties it up to me - he's havin delusions .
/when its so obvious it does become suspicious - but theres no way to tell with-out examining the person .
I wouldnt advise letting anyone scare anyone about the system - its as nasty as it could be but in some ways it has to be like that . /on the counter-terror front and advanced statism business - the move from anti religious nut to anti nut nut , is sense
If he's not actually insane or he changes his tune he'll get out, for now - wait and see . 95-1 he his in there longer than 30 days
/there's thousands, millions of posts like that - all over the place - people angry at the govt. They dont say quite what this guy says tho

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 08:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by sensible1
reply to post by freakjive

Headline from OP should read " Potential shooter brought in for Psych eval. Dozens potentially saved, and a mans life is put back in focus.."

This guy can look at it two ways. Either he can continue to blame others for his misfortune, dishonorable discharge and all that, or he can embrace this as an opportunioty to say "what the heck am i doing with my life?" what legacy do i want to leave? I am SOOO glad that gave him this eval. If someone had done that for Holmes, maybe we'd have 14 more lives glowing on this earth.. Is a 6 yr old innocent beautiful little girls life worth your "rights as a citizen?" The answer is "NO" But time after time when these tragedies continue to happen, the gun crazy nuts here come to the defense of these idiots rights before they come to the defense of the victims, and it makes me sick to my stomach.. And these same people talk about how "pro-life" and "anti abortion" they are... ( I am pro life and anti abortion BTW.. a Christian conservative) But those Christ - centered morals go out of the window when you talk about gun rights and militias and all that mess. The "traditions of our founding fathers.." Well to my Chrsitian brothers and sisters, I'd like to say that there is only one thing the Bible (yes.. the bible) said that makes the Word of God of non-effect.. "The traditions of men.." So if you are standing on your "Rights as a citizen... and not looking at what Jesus would do, you have made the Word of non-effect.. This is why politics and the Bible don't mesh.. It's wy Jesus didn't get involved in politics and this madness.. DOn't get me wong, there are many Christians called to help in the political arena, but the idea that Jesus wants to defend your right to own a gun is idolatry. (Making up a custom god to fit your needs of the moment)

The old thought crimes explanation, I knew it wasn't far behind. We can't accept this type of control over us. This is ridiculous, freedom of speech protects your rights to say what you like, no crime was committed here, therefore no arrest is warranted in this circumstance, ever. They have ingrained this defeatist thinking into our heads. We do not need the government controlling everything.

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 08:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by jefwane
reply to post by Wolfenz

It's my understanding that he is no longer in the Corps, so basically is a civilian just like you and me. I'm not sure what the conditions of his discharge were, I've not seen a credible story either way. It's my understanding that a Dishonorable discharge is the equivalent of being convicted of a felony with all the penalties ( no voting, no owning firearms, shows up in criminal background checks), there are other levels of discharge between dishonorable and Honorable though. The worst I saw someone get for anything other than a conviction of a serious offense was a bad conduct discharge for a pattern of misconduct.

its all about Levels and Degrees

When he was taken into custody was military (MP's ) or Local Police Feds Marshals etc.. ?
Is at the time or was at the time .

But why he is there is what he said talking about the wanting for the Arrest of Goverment Officials !
Hmm Big Goverment Officals and theres the Answer He Knowns Somthing and they are trying to Silence him

Im not sure in what they are saying ... if he is or isnt

Dishonarable discharge - you cant get Federal/goverment Jobs and the considerd as a Felony Only Applys to the crime and degree the discharge just need to see the DD214 Code on the way bottem left side on the edge to find out ...

I known some one that Foraged an Officers Check and cashed it and got a Dishonarable discharge
still has a normal life and Hunts as to say he owns fire arms

Well then what im talking about is 2 decades ago so I dont know the Rules of what they aplly now ..

how about AWOL that is concidered a dishonorable I wouldnt call that a Felony ..

or Drug Use ( not atempt to sell ) concidered a Dishonarable

his Dishonorable disharge is just a thorns for him and Ammo for them ..

edit on 21-8-2012 by Wolfenz because: (no reason given)

ok now i see why hes detained !! to a the Nut Ward !

Questioning 911 on Facebook Can Get You Sectioned
www.abovetopsecret.com...

edit on 21-8-2012 by Wolfenz because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 08:42 PM
link   
I don't recall seeing anything about a dishonorable discharge.
I did hear him, speaking on a radio broadcast, after his "intervention" about his desire to re-enlist soon, but felt that this would preclude him from doing so.
Does anyone have proof that he was not discharged honorably?

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 08:45 PM
link   
They have no choice but to
Diagnose him crazy now and perhaps detain him permanently. If they let him out now after they completely proved what he was saying there is a very good change he'll go a spree now.

No good can come from this. If he was going to
Harm someone, which I don't believe was conclusive at all, 30 days in a hospital won't change that, but it may create more resentment and anger, there was nothing to gain here, I'll be surprised if he's released in 30 days, shocked even. This guy is screwed and some think that's A ok. Scary times ahead.

Another reason why these wars need to end, if he is pyschologically impaired, the wars and unnatural environment likely contributed greatly if not entirely to his current state of mind. This kind of emotional distress is becoming way too common with these vets that have been put in harms way for no real reason, I'm not saying he's I'll, but I suspect his diagnosis will be PTSD and extended stay is necessary. Even if it's a bold face lie, this will be the story sold. Watch and see.
edit on 21-8-2012 by macaronicaesar because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 08:56 PM
link   
But if Brandon was a big fan of Alex. Well enough to wear his shirt. Why not show up at the big event just 50 miles from where he lives? Bilderberg protest in Chantilly, VA ?

cryptome.org...

edit on 21-8-2012 by JBA2848 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 08:59 PM
link   
i just created this account about a few minutes ago because i wanted to tell what happened to me not too long ago that is very similar to this man's story.

i've been to three different mental hospitals between the months of june and july (the places were in denver, colorado springs, and pueblo) what lead me to going into the mental hospital initally was my panic attack and paranoia; i'll admit i had marijuana in my system. nevertheless i had a legitimate fear of the NDAA and all i did was warn my aunt and uncle about it but this made me seem "crazy."

every mental hospital i went too i ended up telling the staff to research the NDAA but i';m sure they fell on deaf ears and i was simply written off as crazy. one thing i did noticed, however, while being in the mental hospital is that some patients were talking about the "illuminati" or how they were put in because they "talked too much" about anti-government conspiracies. still don't know if that is a coincidence or not.

anyhow now i'm medicated and diagnosed with a disorder that i don't believe exist in the first place. i pretty much don't care about life anymore because i saw what happened to me when i tried to talk to others about it.

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 09:08 PM
link   
I could go on most of your facebook accounts and find post that support delusions.Usually noting is in full context.
If he is committed to a psych ward he will have to disclose that on most job applications and will not be able to own a firearm in the future.As i understand it he has not been committed yet and awaits a final judgement from the courts that pertains to him being a danger to himself or others.His actions wile being monitored while being held captive such as willingness to take medication and interaction with others will be the determining factor in his release or unwilling commitment.

His future hangs in the balance of the actions that the state will uphold in the end.

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join