It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Autopsy Report on Hand-cuffed Arkansas Man

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 02:18 PM
link   
Just saw this on google news and am amazed at how the reports are that they didn't even find the weapon he "committed suicide" with AND there is video footage BEFORE and AFTER he was shot but none of him being shot. My question is why was the cam off at any time during the arrest!? This whole story has sickened me. I know that this story was posted initially but this is a new development.

Death of Hancuffed Man: The Autopsy

Autopsy: Death of handcuffed man in Ark. a suicide
By JEANNIE NUSS, Associated Press – 21 minutes ago
LITTLE ROCK, Ark. (AP) — A man whose hands were cuffed behind him in the back seat of an Arkansas patrol car shot himself in the right temple with a handgun he apparently concealed from arresting officers, according to an autopsy report released Monday that listed the death as a suicide.

The state crime lab report, signed by three medical examiners, said the muzzle of a gun was placed against Chavis Carter's head when it was fired. Jonesboro police released the report to The Associated Press and other news organizations under a Freedom of Information Act request.

The report said the manner of death was ruled a suicide based on autopsy findings and investigative conclusions from the Jonesboro police department, which has faced questions from Carter's family and community members about the circumstances surrounding the July 28 shooting.

Starting a New Thread - Please read.

edit on August 20th 2012 by greeneyedleo because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 02:50 PM
link   
reply to post by cassiper

I want to see a person in a court room demonstrate exactly how that happened.

That sounds like a more amazing shot than the one I just read of the old gent in Texas that shot a bad guy four times from a reported 165 yards with a 5-inch barrelled .357 handgun. (We know that story is true except maybe the distance cited has been stretched a bit.)

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 02:59 PM
link   
It's the same bullet, used in the Kennedy Assasination ... the "magic bullet".

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 04:24 PM
link   
Either somebody is lying or this guy s the origonal rubber man.....
I dont believe it.....is this what the police are gettng away with now n Amerika?

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 05:43 PM
link   
HAHAHA how absolutely foolish.

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 06:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by bjarneorn

I think the bullet in question probably matches a gun owned by one of the police officers... personal or work-issued.

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 06:48 PM
link   
How exactly does one put a gun to ones temple and pull the trigger when there handcuffed BEHIND there back?
I'm sorry but this sounds HIGHLY suspect and throw in shady and questionable...peace,sugarcookie1

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 06:54 PM
link   
After the original thread I had the lady friend handcuff me with standard issue S&W cuffs, used a Glock 19 with the slide removed and was able to stick the thing against my temple with relative ease. There is a video out there showing four cops doing the same thing. One of whom is the same size and weight of the deceased. They did it in the back of a patrol car.

They put dude in the car before he was cuffed, allowing him time and access to hide the rather small pistol (.380) in the back. They then brought him out, searched him again, placed him in the car. Witnesses say that the cop bolted from the front seat of his car and threw open the doors though they didn't hear a shot.

I really think this is just one of those rather bizarre cases. I can't imagine a cop being dumb enough to shoot someone point blank while handcuffed in the back of his car, especially considering there were multiple witnesses.

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 07:02 PM
link   

you cant fight the legal mafia(the police force or there cronies) if they say its suicide its suicide.....

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 01:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by cassiper

Originally posted by bjarneorn

I think the bullet in question probably matches a gun owned by one of the police officers... personal or work-issued.

No, it was Lee-Harwey Oswald ... didn't you read the memo?

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 01:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Domo1
After the original thread I had the lady friend handcuff me with standard issue S&W cuffs, used a Glock 19 with the slide removed and was able to stick the thing against my temple with relative ease.

What an utter rubbish ... if you have your hands behind your back, you have to be able to move one hand, while behind your back, far enough outward to it's opposite side, or upwards towards your neck. Even if you could move it, your wrist is at the middle of your back. And no handcuffs, are long enough to give the other hand free motion towards the temple ... whatever you used, is not standard issue handcuffs ... plain and simple. The handcuffs are there, to make sure you can't ... these are not "Hudini"-version handcuffs.

Even if you "could" do it, you'd never be able to do it in one single motion ... you'd have to slowly and forcibly move yourself, and even damage your wrists, shoulder tissue, etc. While doing it ... and such action, would give any police force, more than amble enough time, to stop you ... or at least, act upon your actions, in such a manner, that what you were doing would be obvious to the outside world. Not just, one minute your back there ... the other minute, your dead from a suicide.

My guess is, if the guy really committed suicide, the cops didn't handcuf him properly ... or he broke from his handcuffs.

posted on Oct, 7 2012 @ 08:40 PM
link   

I don't buy this bs at all. I've been cuffed, and you could not raise a gun to your temple, and shoot! This is very corrupt, I smell something fishy! I was familiar with Chavis.. How could anyone believe he did this to himself?
Thanks for sharing this!! It needs to be heard!

posted on Oct, 7 2012 @ 08:55 PM
link   
reply to post by bjarneorn

Not Houdini cuffs. Standard S&W. I've got a few pounds on the guy and am shorter too. Longer arms and a little less ninja padding and it would just get easier.

I actually can see the police having not secured him properly. The last time I was handcuffed in a cop car (the only time really) the cop was nice enough to leave the loops very loose. I could have probably popped my hand out with some (painful) effort.

Either way, I certainly think it's possible he was handcuffed and got the gun to the temple. I'm sure it wasn't at all comfortable, but doable.

edit on 7-10-2012 by Domo1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2012 @ 09:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Domo1

Why do you have those cuffs??
lol
I was cuffed so tightly that it actually left impressions in my wrists, I was sooo uncomfortable. I had the worst itch on my nose and I tried and tried but couldn't have even come close to lifting my hands to my face. So I guess it is just hard for me to believe it would be doable, like you said though, doable, but not easy..
What about how the officer claimed to have patted him down prior? I wonder where he would have hidden the gun (if he did shoot himself)

posted on Oct, 8 2012 @ 04:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Katharos62191

I used to do Loss Prevention and we all carried those cuffs. I actually bought a pair of black Peerless ones but I was technically not allowed to carry anything other than those Smith and Wessons.

When I got arrested and cuffed I specifically asked the cop to loosen the cuffs up. Just said I knew it was protocol but I wasn't going to be any trouble and felt anxious being restrained. Seriously. He loosened the cuffs for me. On the way to the station I realized I had a cuff key in my back pocket (on the key ring). I told the cop and all he said was 'OK, listen, I'm gonna be real pissed if you take off the cuffs.' I did not.

We got to the station, most people would have gone to jail. After I was photographed the cop asked if I had a ride. I didn't. He drove me home. Be polite to the police and they will be very polite to you.

If not murder the cop dropped the ball on the pat down. Again, it really depends on the situation. This guy wasn't some hardcore crazy so I think they probably gave him a very basic pat down. He had a rather small pistol, and that could easily be hidden in the crotch or other naughty spots. A cop that's trying to be nice because he doesn't see you as a threat or complete dirtbag isn't going to man handle the crotch. Did you catch my drop the ball joke?

So cop thinks the guy is a light offender, arrests, pats down, puts him in the squad. Maybe without cuffs or really loose cuffs. Guy ditches the gun. Cops realize there's a warrant, take him out of the car, cuff him proper, search proper (or not) and put him back in the car. Guy has the gun sitting there. BOOM. I also think it plausible that the cops didn't secure the guy to protocol, put him in the car (and they were probably trying to be nice here) and the guy shot himself. I really don't see a police officer being dumb enough to shoot a guy in the back of the car when he was handcuffed. I know a lot of people make fun of cops and their intellect, but no.

I'm kinda drunk and really enjoying seeing myself type. I should stop.

posted on Oct, 8 2012 @ 06:52 AM
link   
video before and after???
any fool can see the edited the film.
Guilty of murder...

posted on Oct, 8 2012 @ 08:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Domo1

Domo1, whether the arrested party could reach or not ... WHERE is the weapon ????????
why aren't any ballistic reports available ??

if the coroner retrieved a bullet, whose gun did the bullet match ??

i could accept the ruling of suicide, so long as ... the GUN has been recovered.
until then, i call BShizzle with capital letters.

ETA: if you could or would, please summarize/suggest/even create a scenario that would involve successfully making the gun magically disappear from the sight of every person present, including the victim.

i could be mistaken here but i'm pretty sure a shot to the head would render the victim incapable of concealment at that point in time.
so, who concealed the firearm from discovery ????????

edit on 8-10-2012 by Honor93 because: ETA

edit on 8-10-2012 by Honor93 because: grammar

top topics

join