It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Veteran Gun control .357 at 165Mtrs

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 02:06 PM
link   
Here is a Vet who used his skills to back up the police:www.veteranstoday.com...

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 02:42 PM
link   
reply to post by cavtrooper7

As I recall, he said 165 yards, that is a tad bit more than that in meters.
As a shooter,I have difficulty believing that distance. Perhaps he meant 165 feet which would be amazing enough.

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 02:42 PM
link   

5 hits at 165 yards? now that is gun control! bet that cop was never happier to see an armed citizen in his life

for those that dont have much knowlege of fire arms what he pulled off would be a difficut shot for iron sights on a rifle (to most people) and he did it with a 5 inch .357 .....oh yeah and dont mess with Texas

think i did that right but here is the video from the ops link
edit on 20-8-2012 by KilrathiLG because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 03:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aliensun

As I recall, he said 165 yards, that is a tad bit more than that in meters.
As a shooter,I have difficulty believing that distance. Perhaps he meant 165 feet which would be amazing enough.

1 yard = 3 feet and 3 feet equals 90 cm or 0.9 metres approx but at any of those distances its good shooting

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 03:27 PM
link   
I can do it with my smith wesson 44 mag.......resting the heel on the truck bed.....yds, not feet. I couldn't do it with my stupid 357....dan wesson wont click right all the time both 6 inchers

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 04:01 PM
link   
Great story. Also excellent shot. It is in the realm of possibility so I will not doubt his story.

I have never been that good with a pistol but my father is. Two years ago he shot a guy that was robing a gas station with his 380 from 60 meters the guy got away and was later arrested by the police because his friend was caught robing some other place and turned in by him. My father thought he missed him but later found out one round hit the guys leg.

I know there is a 100 meter difference there but The Ruger 380 my pops used is so small it barely fits in my hand so I can see a .357 being much more accurate. I read the story but I am wondering how many shots the vet fired before hitting him. The article didn't say.
edit on 20-8-2012 by Grimpachi because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 04:19 PM
link   
Nice shooting Sir. I wonder why we didn't hear about this from the MSM?

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 04:22 PM
link   
Kentucky windage is a neat thing line up your sight, raise your barrel up to the guesstimated range. I have no doubt he fired some zeroing shots.

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 04:41 PM
link   
Gibbs could do it.

Nice story, tough to believe however. There are a few out there who can really push the limits of a pistol, to pull something off in the heat of the moment like that is mind boggling.

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 04:53 PM
link   
I can see a shot or two at 165 yards hitting, but all five? I've shot .45 and hit targets every once and a while at 100 yards. So it is possible. and I have no doubt a expert competition shooter could do it too. Guess this guy goes to the range a lot.

I am leaning towards he actually pulled it off, just because I want to believe. It's not too unusual for people to have that sort of skill. So it's plausible.

I say he did it. But I also bet he reloaded and shot a few rounds at the guy that missed and were used to "zero" in on the guy.

The cops and the shooter may have omitted the extra shots fired part to put reactive people at ease regarding random bullets flying everywhere that will cause the next horrible tragedy. As if the cops said lets make this story a story about how guns do save lives and not focus on what could have happened if the 357 accidently tagged someone in the house behind the bad guy.
edit on 20-8-2012 by BASSPLYR because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 06:45 AM
link   
I'd like to see someone verify the distance. As it stands 5/5 at 165 is probably the most impressive thing I have ever heard. I'm going to venture a guess and say he's owned that 357 his entire life. Either way, a great story that should get msm coverage. Alas we know that wont happen.

new topics

top topics

join