learn more

The Truth About Rape

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 10:14 PM
link   
reply to post by LightAssassin

No one is saying there is a good excuse for rape. The fact of the matter is that every adult is responsible for their own position in life and the situations they get themselves into. To intentionally put yourself in a vulnerable position that you supposedly don't want and THEN act like a helpless child is asinine and not worthy of sympathy.

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 10:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Charmed707

So A child is raped. Umm what are they then acting like.

According to you , they "put themselves in these positions" if you are raped, you have to ditch this concept, no one wants to be raped. It is the Rapist who needs to address their behaviour.

Im feeling sorry for you, due to your limited understanding of this topic
edit on 20-8-2012 by zazzafrazz because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 10:18 PM
link   

Sorry mate.

What if you start a new job and then realise it's not for you? Do you just stay there because you put yourself in that position or do you quit and find something more suited to you?

Even during the act of intercourse she can change her mind.

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 10:21 PM
link   
reply to post by zazzafrazz

50 Shades of LA

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 10:21 PM
link   
post removed because the user has no concept of manners

Click here for more information.

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 10:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Charmed707

No one is saying there is a good excuse for rape. The fact of the matter is that every adult is responsible for their own position in life and the situations they get themselves into. To intentionally put yourself in a vulnerable position that you supposedly don't want and THEN act like a helpless child is asinine and not worthy of sympathy.

You're a sociopath.

You're blaming the victim, and have zero empathy for them. People make mistakes in life, everyone makes bad choices, and to say that it's the victims fault shows just how emotionally detached from humanity you are.

All signs of a sociopath.

Another sign of a sociopath, Mr. Charmed707, is (get this) superficial charm.

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 10:25 PM
link   

You meant.

-Put themselves in a position to be raped.

The fact of the matter is that every adult is responsible for their own position in life and the situations they get themselves into.

How am I making anything up Charmed?

So as an adult you are able to foresee rape and there be able to avoid any chance of rape unless you want it? Is that correct?

Are you implying, the Rapist has no responsibility as they "cant control themselves" therefore its the adults fault for even being there and positioning themselves to be raped.

Please do go on.

edit on 20-8-2012 by zazzafrazz because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 10:31 PM
link   
Woah meow.

Let's not disillusion ourselves by insinuating that bad decision making can't put you in the wrong situation.

The fact is that you are responsible for your own behavior. I don't believe it's ever your fault you got raped, however there is something to be said about the importance of situational awareness and preparedness, in the face of statistical probability.

~Tenth

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 10:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Evil_Santa

You're blaming the victim, and have zero empathy for them.

I don't have sympathy for adults who make stupid choices.

Ya know, a jury of men is more likely to convict a rapist than a jury of women. I think this is because men tend to view women as helpless children.

People make mistakes in life, everyone makes bad choices, and to say that it's the victims fault shows just how emotionally detached from humanity you are.

So you think that adults shouldn't be held accountable for their bad choices...? Every time an adult faces the negative consequences of their actions, they should be labeled a 'victim'? An adult knows fully well the dangers of this world and what the likely consequences of their actions are. It's no wonder our country has gone to the pits.

I'm a Ms., thank you.

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 10:32 PM
link   

*IMO, women who falsely report rape should be charged with a felony and sentenced to prison for a minimum of ten years. Just my opinion.

IMO most of the ones who were found false by a judge who couldn't prove it, are rape victims, like an older child who was raped by a minister, and he sued and won, and she got a criminal record and owed him a fortune, after having been raped by this man, and possibly his friends. In other words, the fact of a huge enormous miscarriage of justice taking place would be horrendous

NO NO and Again NO!!!!!

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 10:33 PM
link   

.... when no one has ever died from being raped..

People do die after being raped, and while being raped - due to being murdered.

You do realize the major difference in those statements, right? 'From' does not have the same meaning as 'after' and 'while'. I can't believe I even have to explain this.

People are murdered while or after being assaulted or robbed. Rape 'survivors' are not worthy of more sympathy or praise than victims of other violent crimes, yet they are put on a pedestal.

Furthermore the emotional damage that being raped can cause on a woman, can lead to suicide.

There are a LOT of things that are emotionally damaging. Why not call anyone who has been the victim of a violent crime, lost their home, lost a loved one, or gone through a bad breakup a 'survivor'?

There's nothing glamorous about being victimized

I'm not the one who thinks there is. It's the media and feminists who glamorize it.

Actually people who go through traumatic experiences are called survivors, and the word doesn't have a monopoly on rape. There are domestic abuse survivors, debt survivors, accident survivors, etc. The fact you say that "no one ever dies from rape" is still pure ignorance. In that statement rape is a catalyst to other events that result in the death of an individual, but even if you want to get all uppity and try to argue semantics, you're still absolutely wrong because if the attacker is HIV positive, and spreads it to the victim (which is extremely likely due to tissue tearing and blood being exposed) THEN THEY ARE GOING TO DIE BECAUSE OF THE RAPE.

You're focusing on rape victims for some odd reason, and ignoring the glamorization of other survivor stories in the media. Because the reality is that tragic stories sell tv, and rape is just one type of tragedy that gets bundled up into documentaries on victims of crimes. Go watch the ID channel for a day or two, and you'll see that they happily cover numerous types of crimes - not just rapes.

You're blaming the victim, and have zero empathy for them.

I don't have sympathy for adults who make stupid choices.

Ya know, a jury of men is more likely to convict a rapist than a jury of women. I think this is because men tend to view women as helpless children.

People make mistakes in life, everyone makes bad choices, and to say that it's the victims fault shows just how emotionally detached from humanity you are.

So you think that adults shouldn't be held accountable for their bad choices...? Every time an adult faces the negative consequences of their actions, they should be labeled a 'victim'? An adult knows fully well the dangers of this world and what the likely consequences of their actions are. It's no wonder our country has gone to the pits.

I'm a Ms., thank you.

Protip: PEOPLE MAKE STUPID CHOICES. Everyone. You, me, the other readers here, Every single adult has made a bad choice at some point in their life. YOU ARE NOT SPECIAL. If you believe that you haven't ever made some kind of bad choice, then you're delusional.

People know the dangers, but even at that - until you can accurately predict the future, you can't avoid the dangers by "making choices".

Say tomorrow you step outside and a run-away car drives across your lawn and plows into you, i guess you made a bad choice to go outside - right? Accidents happens, people make mistakes, learn from them and life goes on.

There are only two things in life a person can control - their actions, and reactions. You can't control what anyone else is going to do, and there's a thing as "wrong place, wrong time", but without having some kind of super-voodoo-future-prediction powers, not a single person can 100% accurately predict that situation.

I suppose you're also going to say that anyone who was killed at the batman movie last month, made a "bad choice" to goto the movie? They're all victims.

Oh and i retract my statement about you being a sociopath. Sounds like you're a bit jealous of the attention victims get.
edit on 20-8-2012 by Evil_Santa because: (no reason given)
edit on 20-8-2012 by Evil_Santa because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 10:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by tothetenthpower

I don't believe it's ever your fault you got raped, however there is something to be said about the importance of situational awareness and preparedness

Hey Pops.

So which is it. You think its never their fault they were raped, or it is their fault.

You aren't clear enough for me in your statement, but then I was always your most difficult child.

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 10:37 PM
link   

In my heyday I had a girl who, during sex (cheating on her BF with me), got the guilts on MASSIVELY.

We stopped. I had to relieve myself in the bathroom while she sat there crying about how bad she felt that she had cheated on her BF. We sat for the rest of the night chatting.....and then we had sex.....again.

She broke up with her BF, she's now happily married to someone else.

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 10:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by getreadyalready

There is a difference between risk management and placing blame.

This is the truth. It seems the definition of 'placing blame' to many is advising against making stupid, reckless decisions.

Don't pass out drunk at someone's house, don't let foreplay go so far that you can't get it stopped, don't let yourself be coerced into something you'll regret later, don't feel like you have to have sex to be valuable to someone, etc., etc.

That's the type of thing I'm talking about. I'm not referring to basically being in the wrong place at the wrong time.

You can wiggle and squirm all that you want to. You're not just "advising against making reckless decisions". You are pussy-footing around, back peddling, dancing veritable jigs around the proverbial bush, and everything in between. You don't actually have the courage to say what you mean. Which is:

If a rape victim has done anything, ANYTHING at all that may possibly, in someone's opinion be interpreted as a bad decision that placed her in a vulnerable position then she is to blame for the rape.

But you know that won't fly in this environment where rape victims are "glamorized" and "put on a pedestal", (or to the more reasonably minded, simply not blamed for an attack). Just say what you mean instead of putting yourself (and frankly everyone else) through the mental gymnastics necessary to convince yourself that you are reasonable. You're not.

The one responsible for a rape is the rapist. Not the girl who got drunk. Not the girl who wears a short skirt. Not the girl who has a "reputation". Not the girl who flirts "too much". Not anyone but the one who makes the decision to force a sexual act upon someone else.

The rapist.

Period.

Done.

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 10:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by zazzafrazz

How am I making anything up Charmed?

I made it clear that I was talking about ADULTS and you mentioned children.

So as an adult you are able to foresee rape and there be able to avoid any chance of rape unless you want it? Is that correct?

Stop treating this like a black and white issue. There ARE certain behaviors you can avoid to steer clear of dangerous situations. WHY in the issue of rape does this fact seem to enrage people? Do they just love the idea of women being poor helpless little vicitms?

Are you implying, the Rapist has no responsibility as they "cant control themselves" therefore its the adults fault for even being there and positioning themselves to be raped.

Everyone knows predators exist. Anyone who walks right into their web are eligible for a Darwin award, so to speak.

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 10:41 PM
link   

What's your point?

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 10:43 PM
link   

I am responding to your "black and white" stance.

Perhaps address your delivery instead of mine.

You have gone from a blanket 'its their own faul', to 'there are predators', thats good to see ....keep up the open mindedness

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 10:43 PM
link   

That is ridiculous. No means NO means NO. It doesn't get any simpler than that. These contrivances that people come up with to excuse the inexcusable are just that - contrivances.

Rape is rape is rape. If the woman had too many drinks? It was rape.
If she walked down the wrong street? Rape.

The worst that can be put on the woman is what was on her to begin with. If she drank too much than that is what is on her conscience. Not any sexual crime perpetrated against her during that period.

It is very much a black and white issue.

~Heff

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 10:50 PM
link   

By your theory I could have raped her because she put herself in a position to be raped, and it would be her fault.

But I'm human, you see, and a good human at that. I acknowledge her right to back out of any decision.

Furthermore, my good decision rewarded me with her consensual physical indulgence anyway, and even if we hadn't she would still have left my house knowing she had a friend she could talk to.

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 10:52 PM
link   
reply to post by smyleegrl

I'm not sure if I feel like humanity is retarded because you have to make this list, or if the human capacity to reason is being bred out.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join