Egypt Breaks Peace Treaty With Israel

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 04:07 AM
link   
Here is some articles showing exactly what is going on..

No War, so you'll have to find something else to get all excited about.

www.bbc.co.uk...

www.bbc.co.uk...

www.bbc.co.uk...

www.bbc.co.uk...

www.bbc.co.uk...

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 04:07 AM
link   
ON A SIDE NOTE... is it just me thinking that his singing would kick ass with a beat behind? anyone can do that?

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 07:28 AM
link   
Could be the Militants are "actng up for this very reason.......
That Egypt and the Militants are on the same side seems a no brainer.....
Why not get them to act out a bit, the TheEgyptians can rearm the Sinai with heavier weapons....
Want to be the campaign lingers on?
The inertia, meanng all this posturing etc etc.....seems to now be unstoppable for war......
In fact i see that even the sideliners want the thing to get started.
Saudis doing their best to stir up Syria,
Helped by French, Turks, Omanis,Quataies,Uae, and so on....
FSA using British intelligence
Us weaponry of all typesand sizes parked in every available berth in a lot of ports of the above countres....
Then theres the wild mix of Russian,Isreal,Iran,US,Brits etc in the Gulf....where the hell is any room left for Diplomacy?
The #storm is rolling down on us and i dont believe anything short of an alien invasion can stop it now.......
Best we all tend to our own onions while we still can, because ALL bets are off after the first bomb or missile.

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 08:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by stumason
Here is some articles showing exactly what is going on..

No War, so you'll have to find something else to get all excited about.

www.bbc.co.uk...

www.bbc.co.uk...

www.bbc.co.uk...

www.bbc.co.uk...

www.bbc.co.uk...

No intent to be rude here, but are you suggesting that "to know what´s really happening" we should read articles from the BBC....

Haven´t you learned the lesson yet? I´ll assume that you already know about WTC7 "mistake"....

Well, maybe they´ll start the war even before it starts for real.....

Peace.
PB
edit on 21-8-2012 by PragmaticBeliever because: (no reason given)
edit on 21-8-2012 by PragmaticBeliever because: horrible grammar

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 08:18 AM
link   

Despite the 9-11 terrorist attacks, the Chinese government remains unconvinced of U.S. sincerity about defeating terrorism and instead sees the war on terrorism as a mechanism for further encirclement of China.

All these Middle East threads got me thinking of the conflict and I thought I'd add some stuff on an aspect which is little discussed.

Any major international issue must be viewed with respect to China being a major player...

Since the early 90's China has been industrializing and expanding it's economy at an unprecedented rate on an unprecedented scale. In 1992 their GDP/capita was 1000 and total national output was 488 bil USD. By 2002 GDP/capita was up to 2900 and national GDP to 1.45 tril. In 2011 per capita:5,432 and total GDP 7.3 tril. They are growing 8-10% a year. It's straight up ridiculous. And the population is still half peasant/rural...(all wikipedia)

Why does this relate to the Middle East? All of that growth takes oil! And we know where that comes from. China is the #2 importing nation in the world, still far behind the US

Chinese policy in the Middle East has grown more active over the past decade. With its overriding goal of securing oil and gas to fuel China's economic growth, the Chinese government has actively cultivated its relations with the oil-rich Middle East, especially Iran and Saudi Arabia. In their dogged pursuit of this goal, Chinese policymakers have been more than willing not only to undercut U.S. nonproliferation efforts but also to work closely with governments that export Islamism—despite Beijing's concerns about China's own increasingly assertive Uighur Muslim population. Rather than distance itself from these promoters of jihad, the Chinese government has gambled that embracing Iran and Saudi Arabia in lucrative oil and weapons deals will buy it some protection from their export of political Islam.

China seems willing to talk to anyone in the name of business.

China's new Middle East policy is not exclusivist. Whereas Beijing views Iran and the Arab world through the prism of its oil needs, the Chinese government continues to cultivate relations with Israel in order to acquire Western technology necessary for China's military modernization program. After Russia, Israel is China's second largest supplier of weaponry.

Aside from economic involvement, there is also the inevitable game of positioning between China and America that is to take place in the coming decades for Alpha status.

When looking at the prospect of World War Three, were it to be initiated by an Iranian-Israeli conflict, it's easy to see who the beneficiary would be. Can America afford a large scale war effort? Wouldn't we be risking an insurmountable debt? It's hard to imagine a smooth recovery. Meanwhile, China could end up playing peacemaker in a similar fashion to US in WW2 and may be the only government with capacity to clean up the mess, setting the stage for Chinese dominance for the foreseeable future.

Weaker America, stronger China.

An expanded conflict in the Middle East could be the fatal blow to the faultering West and shift power to China decisively. It is worth investigating whether China could possibly be actively involved in initiating a crippling war with a global coup in mind.

article from 2005
All quotes from above link

Note: HIghly speculative

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 08:34 AM
link   
reply to post by PragmaticBeliever

Any number of media outlets are all carrying the same basic story, I merely used the BBC as it was easy to enter "Egypt Sinai" and it lists all articles in chronological order..

Feel free to use any other that tickles your fancy. Bottom line is, nobody in the thread so far did so much as even read anything as to why Troops were going into Sinai and assumed it was Egypt breaking the treaty because some website said so.

They are not. Israel gave them the nod. If they hadn't, Israel would have hit them and hard... Simples.

The OP's source, which I have never seen before, is I think of the "hardliner" kind of Jewish nationalist slant, so pretty much anything any non-Jewish person does is probably seen as a "threat" to Israel. Just browsing through the majority of their other stories in the ME seem to be focussing on War, preparing for War or what would happen after War...

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 08:44 AM
link   

And think about this, if the BBC was some of Zionist/Globalist mouthpiece, which seems to be what your implying with the 9/11 ref, why would they not be running the story that Egypt has broken the Treaty, but rather reporting Israels co-operation with Egypt instead?

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 08:54 AM
link   
Israel is ramping up it's rhetoric:

Israel Wants Egyptian Forces out of Sinai

Israel has asked Egypt to remove its tanks from the Sinai Peninsula because their continued presence violates the peace agreement between the two countries, Israel's Maariv daily reported on Tuesday.

The message was sent via the White House because Israeli ties with Egypt have become strained in recent months, the paper said. The warning came as Egypt continues to increase its military presence, without coordination with Israel.

The Egyptian army massed troops in the Sinai Peninsula after at least 16 Egyptian police officers were killed and others wounded in a surprise August 5 armed attack on a police station in north Sinai on the border between Egypt and Israel.

Cairo has said it would soon deploy tanks, aircraft and rocket launchers in its bid to root terrorist elements out of the peninsula, Reuters reported on Monday, citing an Egyptian security source

"More than enough soldiers (12 battalions), military equipment and Egyptian police are now concentrated in the Sinai to deal with terrorism," Israel's Foreign Minister Avigdor Lieberman said in an interview with Israel’s First Radio. “It [now] requires the political will of the leadership of the country and specific actions from the military command. One of the sections of the Camp David agreements says that any changes - including in the military protocol - can only be made by mutual consent. Israel is not prepared to give such consent.”

I'm not sure if Israel is planning another land grab or ir they are genuinely scared.

Either way, this is getting interesting. I hope they talk things out instead of having the situation escalating into another conflict.

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 09:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Corruption Exposed

This is a tad weird. Last year, Israel agreed to let Egypt station up to 7 Battalions, including tanks and Helicopters in Sinai but Egypt never used the full compliment. Now they are saying they would never give the permission? They already did...

Now, Egypt have deployed the full 7 battalions and it seems this whole fuss is them deploying a couple of extra over what was agreed:

www.haaretz.com...

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 09:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by stumason

And think about this, if the BBC was some of Zionist/Globalist mouthpiece, which seems to be what your implying with the 9/11 ref, why would they not be running the story that Egypt has broken the Treaty, but rather reporting Israels co-operation with Egypt instead?

You´ve got a point there. And I won´t (because I can´t) argue that.

Even so, I´ll still don´t trust the BBC at all.

But, all things said, I won´t doubt about your pragmatic vision of the conflict. It´s nice to see that we (all) can have a debate and don´t start fighting for nothing.

PB

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 09:46 AM
link   

Fair do's, all media has a bias, but as long as you're aware and shop around for news/views, all should be well...

ANd yes, it is nice to have a reasoned debate without me being called a shill/disinfo/sheep for once...

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 10:01 AM
link   
American Muslim President Obama is prepared to attack Israel to prevent them attacking Iran, wow is he friend or foe? I think FOE, if he had allowed Israel to attack them Nuclear sites 3 years ago it would be all over, plus not as many people would have died then either, that guy you elected in the USA is a danger to the west, he needs to be sorted out, and soon for earths sake, he is in charge of a lot more nuclear missiles than Iran, and I know who is the most sane leader to be trusted with them, and it's certainly not that fool in the Black House, sorry I mean White.

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 10:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by thov420

Originally posted by CALGARIAN

The radio station's Arab affairs analyst, Eran Zinger, reported Saturday that Egypt has deployed both anti-aircraft and anti-tank missiles near Israel’s border in the Egyptian Sinai, without Israel’s permission.

Originally posted by cerebralassassins

Israeli officials, who say they are in regular contact with Cairo, have encouraged Egypt to take tough action against the gunmen responsible for the assault and have previously allowed the use of helicopters in the operation.

Haven't finished reading the thread yet but wanted to ask this. Why does Israel have to give permission to Egypt to do anything within it's own borders? I mean we don't have to ask Canada or Mexico to fly helicopters near their airspace, but I'm sure we probably do anyways as a courtesy.

If Egypt wanted to put it's whole military on it's border with Israel, don't they have that right as a sovereign country? I do understand that it might violate the treaty they signed together but with a new government you have to expect some shake ups.

The Egypt/Israeli Treaty after the 73 war (brokered by Carter in 1978 IIRC) REQUIRES movement of military forces of certain sizes and types be either approved by each country. Or at a minimum the moving country must inform the other one, it depends on several factors, number and type of forces, location of forces,particularily in relation to the border.

There is some debate on what the countries have informed or improved on. It appears due to some previous posts, Israel was going to allow up to 7 battalions of Egypt into the Siani to go after criminals and terrorists. Apparantly this was approved awhile back but never done?

The anti aircraft missiles concern me. You don't nee SAMs to go after men on foot or in pick ups. You move the AAA assets close enough, they can track and engage IDF aircraft within Israel's airspace. That, I beleive, would be a major violation of the treaty. Also 7 battalions is alot, almost a whole division. I can see Israel's concerns, in light of everything else that has gone on.

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 10:57 AM
link   
Now it's time for all of the anti Semitic and Jew haters to come out in full force here on ATS. May God have mercy on your souls.

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 10:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Max_TO

Why, Iran has never declared war on anyone and isn't trying to take over every country in the middle east.

The west is however, so they probably couldn't give a # about Iran!!!

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 11:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Beavers

Hmm don't think I said they were trying to take anyone over?

Having cleared that up, they are trying to be a regional power and one would be hard pressed to find any ME country that would like to see Iran with a nuke.

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 12:53 PM
link   
I don't believe anyone wants the Middle East to have any nukes..No body should have them in general..But I don't blame Israel for being concerned. They're surrounded by Middle East countries who pretty much wants them dead. I would treat everything hostile, cause one wrong move could be costly and deadly. So If I was Israel I would also be on high alert and if any country was making Nukes i'd also fear to take them out to protect my self and my family..As I said, at any time they could surprise attack them, or sell nukes or Nuclear rods to "terriost' or other surrounding countries who don't fond Israel to much..So really people, Put your selves in Israels shoes and be realistic about it...

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 01:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Max_TO

LOL! Iran is not trying to be a regional power. They ARE a regional power.

The only reason Israel wants to stop Iranian nuclear programs is that they know if Iran gets a nuke then they can't be attacked without inciting nuclear holocaust on the region which Israel doesn't want (who wants their enemy to be able to nuke their empire?).

Look at Pakistan for instance. Israel and the US had made huge stinks about Pakistani nuclear weapon research but once Pakistan built 'The Bomb' and had a delivery means, Israel and the US shut up about it. If Iran acquires a nuclear weapon I feel it will only be used defensively and it will off-set Israeli regional dominance. Iran only barely behind Israel on the world rankings (Israel - 11th, Iran - 12th) and this is without nuclear weapons. You can see a role reversal occurring pretty easily if Iran acquires a war head.

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 02:16 PM
link   
reply to post by CALGARIAN

Sure it has been brought up but this report says...13 of aug.

The peace treaty between Israel and Egypt forbids military deployment in Sinai. Last week, however, Israel gave its approval for a temporary deployment in order to crack down on the terrorist infrastructure there.

www.israelnationalnews.com...

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 04:30 PM
link   
reply to post by thov420

Egypt would be very stupid to ruin relations with Israel. Israel will move them up to the #1 threat list and they will be at a de-facto state of war again. Egypt will only be a pawn in the Arab nations game and they can forget about their military being resupplied with parts just like Iran.

The whole Arab spring was lead by the Nazi's ( German Intel still today ) and Muslim Brotherhood to rid these nations of weak leaders in their eyes who will not attack Israel. Now that these leaders have been removed for the most part, they will plan to strike Israel as predicted.

The Gog-Magog war can start any day. I would love to know just where Russian troops are staging right now for this war. My guess would be just north of Georgia and off the coast of Syria. I don't think Assad will be removed before this war kicks off as he has a pretty firm grasp in his leadership of Syria with China and Russia backing him up. Russia could be pouring troops into Syria as we speak via commercial flights and we would never be told by the morons in D.C.

new topics
top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join