It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Autopsy: Death of handcuffed man in Ark. a suicide

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 12:39 PM
link   

Autopsy: Death of handcuffed man in Ark. a suicide

www.boston.com

An autopsy report released Monday lists the death of a man shot in the head while his hands were cuffed behind him in an Arkansas patrol car as a suicide.

The state crime lab report, signed by three medical examiners, said the muzzle of a gun was placed against the right side of 21-year-old Chavis Carter’s head when it was fired. Jonesboro police released the report to The Associated Press and other news organizations under a Freedom of Information Act request.

The report said the manner of death was ruled a suicide based on autopsy findings and investigative conclusions from the Jones
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.washingtonpost.com
www.montrealgazette.com[ /url]

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
[url=http://www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread867314/pg1]Handcuffed Man Shot And Killed In Cop Car – Police Say It Was Suicide (VIDEO)

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 12:39 PM
link   
I'm not buying it. The man was searched and he had no gun, they were able to find the drugs but not the gun, I find that hard to believe. He was in handcuffs so how did he stick the gun to his temple?

I was hoping that justice might be served but it appears this man was murdered and nothing will be done about it.

I find it disturbing when they try and sell us stories like this. I wonder what the people doing the autopsy were thinking.

I sure hope I don't find myself in handcuffs in the back of a cop car any time soon, I might get shot and have it blamed on suicide.

www.boston.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 12:48 PM
link   
Maybe he was a gymnast or something like that?

I dated a gymnast several years ago, and let me tell you... she was VERY flexible (even when handcuffed).

Probably not the case with this poor guy, but I like my story better.

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 12:52 PM
link   
I can shoot myself in the head with both hands tied behind my back!!

Oh wait..No I can't... that's physically impossible... Especially a shot to the temple...

Murdering cop cover up... Doesn't take much of a conspiracy theorist to come to that conclusion..

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 12:53 PM
link   
Blue brotherhood I am afraid to suggest.

Chances are the officersare covering for a mistake. I know several people in the police force and there is a certain level of loyality to you the citizens, to your partner and to the force.

Weather or not they would assist in covering up something like this who knows.

edit on 20-8-2012 by MDDoxs because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 01:04 PM
link   
I was curious if anything would come of this. Apparently the local pd there might also be the same people performing the autopsy

Sarcassum!

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 01:18 PM
link   
Hello there. Please contribute to the earlier discussion:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Thank you. Thread closed.

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 01:22 PM
link   
I suspect many will be of the same inclination. It is not just a matter of forensics... it is a matter of searching, cuffing, and transporting a suspect. How he managed to conceal a loaded weapon such that no trained LEO would find it while searching for it on his person is ... well, let's just say "hard to accept casually."

I guess we will see a lot of angst and agitation in the community about this.... coupled with other recent bad press.

I can't help but wonder why they felt suicide would be the 'way to go' with this .... it would have appeared to me as a definite 'losing' stratagem at the time. And it still does.

Duplicity, thy name is "Public Relations."

top topics

join