It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If Romney/Ryan's Medicare Plan Is So Great, Why Not Give It To Seniors Right Now???

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 02:37 PM
link   
reply to post by CrikeyMagnet

It is called pacify the people who see it on the horizon and screw those younger than 55. I'm sixty two. I've got mine why should I give a fig about you.

See how that works.

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 02:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by camaro68ss

Originally posted by OutKast Searcher

Originally posted by TheGreatDivider
Because it hasn't been voted on?

It doesn't have to be voted on to be part of their proposal.

How would you like it OutKast? Keep on going down this road to Insolvency so no one gets anything 11 years from now. Or try and make changes so the younger generation can get a piece of the action when they retire?

The way Obama has it, he’s anti youth, anti children and grandchildren. The only solution he has was to gut Medicare by 500 billion dollars and keep it on its course of insolvency. Maybe that’s why the youth vote is rebelling. They know Obamas plan screws them out of everything.

I dont see any Democrat coming up with ideas. All the left has is attacks and scare tactics.
edit on 20-8-2012 by camaro68ss because: (no reason given)

It is not on the road to insolvency -- there is an accounting trick that has shown these programs as insolvent since forever The argument that there will not be any left by the time you are older is the very same argument I have been told since I graduated from high school in 1968.

The 716 billion not 500 billion. Is coming out of payments to drug companies (something Bushes bill skipped over) and to service providers -- hospitals.

Look you are the ones complaining about reducing costs -- this is a 700 billion dollar cost reduction with out affecting services to the beneficiaries, how can you say that is not a good thing. Everyone agrees that something must be done about costs, well dammit this is something -- where is the right wing on this. Pay the same and cut services. There's a plan.

The whole healthcare plan was a republican plan to protect the middle men the insurance companies. How ever the left insisted that the insuance companies spend 80 to 85 percent of their premiums on benefits rather than advertising and executive bonuses. Again this is a cost cutting method -- is that not what you people keep shining about. It is difficult to explain complex Ideas to people who cannot or will not grasp some of the simplest ideas.

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 02:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by spyder550

Yes most do want a single payer system

No, no they don't. Most people want costs lowered, but not have the Govt in charge of yet another thing in their life.

-- The hospitals can not turn away people is bull -- Bain capitals hospital chain HCA figured out just how to do that. The hospital only has to make you stable and able to reasonably leave under your own power.

Did the person get turned away? NOOOOOOOO. Thank you.

Healthcare is a privilege we are moving to the place where only the privileged and get it -- it sucks at our GNP and costs way more to deal with really sick people. Places that don't have universal healthcare are mostly hellholes.

Oh please. We are not a hell hole. You want more taxes on people, so the Govt can force more people to do things they don't want to do.
As people like you continue to march to the "For the Children" and "for the Sick" drums, the rest of us want to be left alone. Our taxes rise, because think that it is the responsibility of society to take care of everyone, yet people get fatter and sicker every year. The next step is for the Govt to force us to eat certain foods, and mandatory sanctioned Govt exercise.

The lack of health insurance is not a choice that most people make. When health insurance takes half or more of your income. You can't afford it.

Yes, it is a choice. If you deem it not affordable, then you make several choices. Stay in the income level you are at, move to a different job, get more education or don't, cut back on things or not. A choice. Period.

We are part of a club that definitely doesn't include the countries you want to live in. You are welcome to try. The green represents most of the civilized world the gray represents us and the rest.

Oh big salty crocodile tears for you.
Govt run Health Care does not equal Civilized in any way. You need to get your priorities straight, and your ideals of what the Govt is lawful to do is outlined in a couple of documents. Maybe read one or two.

edit on 20-8-2012 by macman because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 03:17 PM
link   
What happened to all the `we are in it togeather` and that we should all work togeather, to sort out this mess. I am a Brit, although Im sure thats what I heard from the MSM about a year ago. So in reality its all just the as it was. Both partys and their people, just screwing us and each other over. No change there then.
If these elected `employees` did their jobs right, then we wouldnt be in this mess. Obamas plan or Romneys plan. Dos`nt matter as long as its the best plan for the people, who employ them.
Two partys with us or against us.
Devide and conquer.
Guess thats why it was set up like that.

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 05:19 PM
link   
Because it's A) NOT great and B) screwing over young people too.

I bet even Ayn Rand would have hated Romney's plan once she was on medicare and social security herself

edit on 20-8-2012 by MrXYZ because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 03:43 PM
link   
reply to post by OutKast Searcher

They all ready have access to it its called medicade advantage.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join