It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Understanding the transformation of the middle east

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 11:31 AM
link   
The pure and simple reality is that there is an agenda of transformation in the middle east, one that began after 9/11 and uses our tax to pay for it. That is the reality of the situation and there is plenty of evidence to prove it, one such example I am going to share in this thread.

The notion of whether Iran is developing a nuclear weapon or not is just the pre-text to justify policy against Iran- exactly the same as the pre-text which led up to the Iraq war. It later turned out the WMD argument was a fabrication but that is completely irrelevant, what is important is that there was a very strong lobby within the USA pushing for the war- years before it happened.

To show evidence for this, please took a look at the following letter to Bill Clinton in 1998 from the Project for the New American Century-

www.newamericancentury.org...

A few quotes to get an idea-

Dear Mr. President:

We are writing you because we are convinced that current American policy toward Iraq is not succeeding, and that we may soon face a threat in the Middle East more serious than any we have known since the end of the Cold War. In your upcoming State of the Union Address, you have an opportunity to chart a clear and determined course for meeting this threat. We urge you to seize that opportunity, and to enunciate a new strategy that would secure the interests of the U.S. and our friends and allies around the world.

That strategy should aim, above all, at the removal of Saddam Hussein’s regime from power. We stand ready to offer our full support in this difficult but necessary endeavor.

The policy of “containment” of Saddam Hussein has been steadily eroding over the past several months. As recent events have demonstrated, we can no longer depend on our partners in the Gulf War coalition to continue to uphold the sanctions or to punish Saddam when he blocks or evades UN inspections. Our ability to ensure that Saddam Hussein is not producing weapons of mass destruction, therefore, has substantially diminished.

1998 and there is talk of WMD in Iraq- 5 years before the invasion of 2003- the pro war lobbyists work for years in the build up to wars- a lot of people have to be convinced a certain country is a threat etc- as we see here, one of the main people being the president!

It hardly needs to be added that if Saddam does acquire the capability to deliver weapons of mass destruction, as he is almost certain to do if we continue along the present course, the safety of American troops in the region, of our friends and allies like Israel and the moderate Arab states, and a significant portion of the world’s supply of oil will all be put at hazard.

The only acceptable strategy is one that eliminates the possibility that Iraq will be able to use or threaten to use weapons of mass destruction. In the near term, this means a willingness to undertake military action as diplomacy is clearly failing. In the long term, it means removing Saddam Hussein and his regime from power. That now needs to become the aim of American foreign policy.

You could print the bolded section of that letter from 1998 and just replace Iraq with Iran and not know the difference! Same lies and fabrications, just different names and places.

People behind the PNAC are very influential people- people favourable to the Israeli lobby who just happen to be high up in government- people such as Dov Zakheim, Paul Wolfowitz- very strong voices puhsing for the Iraq war- years before it happened. Rumsfeld was also involved in the PNAC. So it isn't just some rag tag group of war mongers- these are people VERY high up in government and very influential in forming foreign policy.

History is repeating, the same lobby, which is pro Israel, using the same arguments to justify military actions (a few new names- Saban Center for middle east policy), Dov Zakheim is back in the mix as part of Romney's middle east advisory team (as of 2011), they want war to have control of the region and its resources.

If you go to youtube and watch Clinton's 1998 State of the Union Speech, he spoke at length of the threat of Saddam Hussein and his WMD. Foreign policy analysts, who have an agenda, work very hard behind the scenes to force their policies on the president and politicians. We now see policy shaping against Iran, they just need the 'spark' to get the ball rolling as it were.

It amazes me that people still don't see it. The transformation of the middle east through regime change is moving at an incredible rate- in just 12 years time we have seen regime change in Iraq, Afghan and Libya.

To sum up policy- just think about one man- Dov Zakheim- dual citizen of Israel- he was the man who secured the Israeli air force development in the 1980's, former comptroller to the Pentagon- he is obviously pro Israel- yet he helps shape the policy of the middle east- even though the population of Israel is just under 8,000,000 and the population of the middle east is in the hundreds of millions.

Think about it!

edit on 20-8-2012 by Wonderer2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 11:52 AM
link   
Yeah, When P.N.A.C. says "we are convinced that current American policy toward Iraq is not succeeding,"
They're talking about the sanctions imposed. First they impose a siege using sanctions, then after a few decades of starvation, the next wave of neo-cons declare it a terrorist state and democratize it via heavy artillery.

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 11:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Wonderer2012

The transformation for the Middle East was planned wayyyyyyyyyyyy before 9/11, to my knowledge it was somewhere in the mid 1960s.

I'd hate to think what they have planned for South America (hint hint)

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 11:59 AM
link   
you have most definately hit the nail on the head!
i think most people do realize what is happening,but they are pretending (hoping?) it isn't.
i do believe theyre will be an 'event' that will trigger this madness,and syria is just the beginning.
isreal is right next door,and it really wouldn't take a big 'event' to blow the top off of the iran war that , i think,will happen soon. i really hope i'm wrong.
but as you said,the middle east 'project' started after ww II , and the end game is in sight.
guess who put the puppet govt. into power in the '50's? U.S.A.!!!!!
i think when tshtf,a lot of people will 'wake up' to the madness,and unfortunately we may see marshal law,and possibly bring back the draft.
indeed,we do live in interesting times, i just pray we live through it all!
peace --- please!

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 10:16 PM
link   
If you feel a cold coming on dont you take vitamin C?

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 10:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Wonderer2012

Pay attention more. Whats going on in the M.E. is coming for Israel. Do you not find it odd that we are witnessing the resurrection of the Islamic Caliphate in 1924? The Muslim Brotherhood was created in 1925 to revive it, and we are seeing this Beast begin to rear it's head right now. All those nations flipped in the Arab Spring landed in MB hands, now Egypt and Libya are in MB hands and i'll bet dollars to donuts Syria lands in MB hands and key individuals who are occultists in the U.S. government belonging to various different secret societies are greasing the axles to facilitate it funding extremism.
edit on 20-8-2012 by lonewolf19792000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 12:17 AM
link   
How to create the tumbleweed effect on ATS-

Simples-

- Bring up a thread with actual facts on American foreign policy

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 08:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by bluemirage5
reply to post by Wonderer2012I'd hate to think what they have planned for South America (hint hint)
Or for South Africa

top topics

join