It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why would UFOs have lights?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 11:17 AM
link   
This is a legitimate question, not one to be derogatory or to challenge, just a legitimate question that I am sure some on here will have enough knowledge to answer.

Why would a UFO even have lights?

I am sure they don't care about meeting FAA regulations.

If they have the technology to travel so far, they have the technology to not be seen, and really, to not even need lights. Even at this point in our early stage of technology, we have infra red and night vision, why would they need lights?

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 11:21 AM
link   
It's been speculated that the lights may be a bi-product of their propulsion systems. Or an after affect of space-time manipulation...

Or maybe its just so they don't run into each other, or get run into by us when they're not paying attention....

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 11:22 AM
link   
I am not expert, but i will offer my opinion.

Navigation and Warning lights would be my guess.

Even with the most advanced technology in the universe i would say errors/failures remain a constant. Lights are a good stand-alone back up system for signalling and navigation if technological issues arrose.

When i say navigation i do not mean like the high beams on your car, but for navigation around docking ports, or landing strips. Good to see incomng craft etc etc.

Just my guess. As to why they turn them on when visting earth, i have no clue

edit on 20-8-2012 by MDDoxs because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 11:24 AM
link   
Could even be a form of communication ...

But I tend to be of the school of thought that these aren't alien ships but rather a product of our own government which would explain the lights.. even our most top secret airplanes over the years had lights =)

With as well known as the UFO phenomena is .. the government could fly these things out in broad daylight without much concern because the press usually writes it off as nonsense...
edit on 8/20/2012 by miniatus because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 11:24 AM
link   
Maybe they want to be seen, or maybe there is something about UFOs that causes them to emit light. From what I have read, it seems most likely that they emit light to draw attention.

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 11:25 AM
link   
Propulsion, navigation, scanning, communication, wanting to be seen, luminous entity etc. Could be any number of reasons.
edit on 20-8-2012 by OMsk3ptic because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 11:27 AM
link   
reply to post by nixie_nox

the ones we see have lights which mean there is probably a bunch that we havent seen.

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 11:27 AM
link   
FAA regulations.

But how effective are they at superluminal velocities?

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 11:29 AM
link   
Just an FYI, this has been discussed several times on here. So, rather than re-inventing the wheel, I'll send you links to those:

From May 2012

from Dec 2011

From Oct 2010

From July 2009

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 11:33 AM
link   
If anything why would a ufo be some sort of metal craft with lights, Im sure they could do better, traveling millions of light years and all...

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 11:34 AM
link   
I would like to think the material they are using radiates with the light humans are capable of seeing. Maybe they don't even realize they are giving off visible light? Pure speculation of course, I'd just like to imagine glowing raw materials littered across the universe...imagine an entire planet with made of this type of precious metal/stone/what have you. Sci-fi/Sci-fact (either or) is a world full of possibilities!

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 11:37 AM
link   
You see what the UFO situation is like. Maybe that's how they expect a primitive species to act, and they use those lights to lower the bar for us and futher demonstrate to themselves how inept humans are. And then, when we still didn't get it, they started making slow passes in gigantic triangular craft with huge lights, raising their level of amusement ever higher when we stlll didn't get the message. Sounds like time to give it up and leave humans to their own devices.

edit on 20-8-2012 by xpoq47 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 11:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by gavron
Just an FYI, this has been discussed several times on here. So, rather than re-inventing the wheel, I'll send you links to those:

From May 2012

from Dec 2011

From Oct 2010

From July 2009

Please contribute to one of those threads, including the most recent.

Thanks, closed!

top topics

join