It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Whats that i hear???

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 12 2004 @ 02:38 PM
link   
I am 12 years old and i have a question. As of lately i have been hearing voices. Usually they are saying my name, but not always. COuld this just be something normal, me moistaking noises for voices or something paranormal.

P.S They sound like a wispers, but very clear like i can always tell what it is im hearing.

posted on Oct, 12 2004 @ 02:47 PM
link   
I've heard them too. Not lately, but when I was younger. Some sounded soft, but clear like a whisper in my ear, and others sounded like screaming, but not too loud, if that makes any sense. Usually saying my name.

I also have heard music like I've never heard before, and sometimes when water was running I'd hear crickets and owls and frogs, as if I were near a creek at night.

It's the imagination working to improve itself. Embrace it.

posted on Oct, 13 2004 @ 12:24 AM
link   
For years when I was younger I would notice sounds that sounded like my name being called out. During those years I asked many of my friends and family if they ever noticed something similar and most have said yes.

IMO, because your given name is the word that is closest to you in your mind, any background noise that sounds similar will be filtered into your head and processed as if somebody was calling out your name specifically. I think as you get older, your brain begins to distinguish sounds better and eliminates much of this name calling phenomenon.

posted on Oct, 17 2004 @ 01:49 AM
link   
Yeah, ive heard some people have the same thing, quite a few actually. There is a name for em... i think its called "Insane." You arent supposed to hear voices people.

posted on Oct, 17 2004 @ 02:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by SmokeyTheBear
I am 12 years old and i have a question. As of lately i have been hearing voices. Usually they are saying my name, but not always. COuld this just be something normal, me moistaking noises for voices or something paranormal.

P.S They sound like a wispers, but very clear like i can always tell what it is im hearing.

It could be several things. I don't want to alarm you, so I'll talk about them all.

First (this is the one I think it is), it may be part of your body's adjustments. You're 12, and there's lots of physiological changes going on (sex hormones, growth, etc.) This causes all kinds of things, including an increased sensitivity to some sounds or smells. For my money, it's probably this.

The other possibilities:

*High blood pressure.* Not completely unusual in a kid, but something to be very aware of. This causes hissing/ringing in the ears and that can sound like voices.

* Tintinnitis* - problems with the ear drum or inner ear. This can be detected by a hearing test. Many people get this after they hit 50.

*early stages of treatable mental condition* - This is low on the totem pole, but worth checking out if you have a family history of schizophrenia.

What you should do: Tell your parents you're having some hearing problems and go talk to a doctor. You can get your blood pressure checked on the spot, reflexes tested (a brain tumor is a weak -- VERY unlikely possibility), get other things monitored. After you've seen an MD (regular doctor), if you notice unusual periods of depression or odd feelings (suicidal urges) then talk to someone you trust (school counselor or other adult) and ask them about counseling.

In the case of psychiatric problems, many are treatable with simple drugs and there's no need to suffer the agonies and social problems.

But this last one and cancer are pretty unlikely. Get a physical checkup first and then we can look into other things, okay?

posted on Oct, 17 2004 @ 04:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by AntiGov777
Yeah, ive heard some people have the same thing, quite a few actually. There is a name for em... i think its called "Insane." You arent supposed to hear voices people.

There's a name for people like you too, but as a pixy padawan I'll refrain from using such language.

As for th original post, I think people are right hunny, you're twelve so your body's going through alot of changes, and it's instinctive to think that your name is being called when you hear something that sounds similar.

If you continue to be worried you could goto your Doctor for a checkup, complain about ear ache or something.

posted on Mar, 12 2006 @ 07:05 PM
link   
I was on some prescription drugs and they caused this and all kinds of stuff. I eat all natural whole foods and no prescription drugs and AI eliminated all non-prescription drugs and all that junk is now gone and I have a clear head now : )

I’m sure lack of sleep eating habits, stress, and or if you think allot about hearing voices you probably will start too…. Also if you get creative you can self induce visions and hearing voices.

Check your environment and take into account everything in your lifestyle and all your daily habits. Get more variety in your life and mix things up and see if anything changes.

posted on Dec, 24 2009 @ 11:55 PM
link   
Regardless of what the voices say, anyone hearing voices should try to ignore the voices. They may claim to be "God" - they may claim to be "Satan" - they may claim to be mom, dad, son, daughter, etc. - they are NONE OF THE ABOVE - DO NOT LISTEN. Listening over a prolonged period can lead to very literal madness. Children have the best ability to shut down the voices if they can focus on positive "real world" interactions. Liquid in the ear, pressure to the ear or external sounds (like music) can help mitigate the hearing of voices, but they will NOT cease the voices. Certain material shieldings MAY silence the voices - basement of heavy wood/stone/brick home (particularly one that is NOT full of WiFi and modern equipment using Bluetooth, radio, microwave or electromagnetic transmissions AND no mercury-based lighting).

posted on Dec, 25 2009 @ 10:56 AM
link   

posted on Dec, 26 2009 @ 10:10 AM
link   
I don't know, i wouldn't worry about if if i were you.. you're young it's probably imagination. I heard it a week ago or not even a week ago, before that event never before and it was very sudden and clear. Not even a whisper, so therefore not that scary.. i was like 'What the feck' , if you're a kid with a big fantasy you'll be more like likely to 'hear' these things, no big deal. If it starts to freeze you out of fear, it might be osmething else.

posted on Dec, 26 2009 @ 10:12 AM
link   
Sorry for double-posting but dr Bob is right, madness is a disease.. unlike believed among patients probably it's imagining things not there. As with some things, i keep to myself, balancing on the border of insanity.

posted on Dec, 26 2009 @ 10:13 AM
link   
reply to post by SmokeyTheBear

There can be a number of reasons for this phenomenon.

new topics

top topics

join