It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS Observing My Internet Activity..

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 03:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Sinny

You can go to settings on your Google dashboard and set it not to remember your browsing history. Also, clear everything on your recent history after you visit a website before you go to another.

If you use Firefox add Better Privacy to your add ons. It gets rid of long term "sugar" cookies that stay even after clearing your recent history. That should help.

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 06:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by miniatus
Editing my original post to prevent angering the mods =) my apologies.. anyway ATS doesn't .. their advertising network does..

Personally I don't mind it all that much, if I'm going to have ads displayed.. it's better that they are relevant to me.. it's harmless..

It's only harmless until someone else see's add's popping up about your personal search items. Shared computers etc. It's a breach of privacy.

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 06:56 PM
link   
Sinny, its your cookies from the search leaching onto ATS google add space.....relax, do a cookies wash and I bet it stops

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 07:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Sinny

they track everything you do of course

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 07:50 PM
link   
Everything you search is logged, of course. Everything you click, is as well. Just how it works. Anything harvestable and in any way saleable is sold.

As far as ad blockers go, I am just as amazed there would be anyone NOT using them as anyone not using a DVR to bypass all commercials.

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 09:20 PM
link   
It's not ATS monitoring you. That is how Ads work. I personally use that thing we're not supposed to talk about so I don't see ads, but I'm guessing ATS uses google adsense for their ads? Well it's GOOGLE who is tracking your searches and interests to bring you ads based on that criteria. Yep. Creepy. You in chrome? There are settings you can use to change that.

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 10:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid
Not working for me. I tried to get that hot brunette with the red t-shirt back. So I Googled t-shirts. No luck damn it.

You saw her too?

If I get a name, I am positive I will share it with you.

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 10:53 PM
link   
kinda reminds me of when my parents ask me to fix their laptop

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 08:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sinny
1 Hour ago I was Googling flights from Brum to Dublin.

Right now ATS are advertising the same site and exact page I was viewing, this happens often...

I'd just like to know a little more about the methods used to observe my internet usage, and how to translate that into ads you know I want. I only ask because, say, if I googled... How to make a pipe bomb, would you know that to? Or... Where can I get wheat free food.. etc etc.. What seperates what you observe on my end, and what you do not? Just out of curiosity, because I might have to start protecting my web searches.

What are you hiding? Why do you care? Do you think that Ats who allows you to use their services for free don't have the right that you waived to be tracked?

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 10:24 AM
link   
reply to post by rebellender

Cheers Reb & all

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 11:17 AM
link   
reply to post by greeneyedleo

So much for freedom.

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 11:23 AM
link   
20b) Ad Blockers: As the Websites are provided as a free service, in part through the income of our advertising, you agree not to use "ad-blocking" software or similar built-in web browser options designed to obfuscate or block online advertising while using the Websites.

Ad Blockers are expressly forbidden by ATS.

I use an addblocker, however Idisable it for ATS.

Any member advocating the use of Adblockers or other services can have severe consequences on your status as a member.

Remember this is a free avenue and the least you can do is allow a few ads to show up on your screen so ATS can pay for the space.

Thread Closed.

~Tenth

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join