It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Americans: Serfs Ruled by Oligarchs by Paul Craig Roberts • August 19, 2009 - Needs to be read by

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 03:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Atzil321

A slave that does not realize they are enslaved will never try to rebel. -- OHD
A prisoner that does not realize they are imprisoned will never try to escape. -- OHD

Very few people have privacy, can call their time their own or do what they really want to do and is meaningful to them.

Just because a caged bird is in a golden cage - he is still in a cage, not free.

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 03:49 PM
link   
reply to post by ofhumandescent

Unfortunately people do not want to Risk what they have for something that will probably not effect them as drastically as future generations.

Currently we do have a middle class and even those who dont earn as much are still able to enjoy life and have the same liberities as everyone else.

The real problem is for the next generation or two. They will be the ones who see the real negative consequences of our current economic paradigm.

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 04:26 PM
link   
reply to post by MDDoxs

Volunteer at a homeless shelter for awhile because it takes the regulars a bit to trust you with their stories.

Many just a year or two ago were "The Middle Class"........................America is becoming a third world country.

True it won't happen over night, it might take awhile but we're headed that direction as is the UK.

I was amazed at how many people had just one job lay off, outsourced, medical issue, etc and poof went the car, the house, their American Dream.

Most think "this will never happen to me or mine"................wait.

The rug is being pulled out from under the Middle Class quietly.

Most won't know until the brown stuff hits their fan all of a sudden.

The number of people now that have had their jobs handed over to foreigners, taxes raised, not able to get a half way decent job is amazing.

And, these aren't lazy, no good, drug addicts, alcoholics and lay abouts - many were Middle Class just a short time ago.

Almost 50 million people with no medical insurance / coverage.

Many people have had their pensions stolen out right from under them and now our Senate and Congress want to take away our Social Security some of us have paid into for 40+ years.

Housing values down, taxes for those without the loop holes the rich and corporations have, have sky rocketed and again our jobs handed over to others in far off lands.

Now, start researching into the health/medical and retirement package our beloved Senators and Congress enjoy.

Who in the hell is working for who?

Love when my Senator signs his e-mails to me, "I'm working for you"...............I replied BS.

It's all BS - Time to dismantle the Federal Reserve and CIA.

Time to fire just about every politician in DC who is in cahoots with the corporations and military goons that enforce our tyrannical government.

Time for real change.

Right now Lady Liberty is blindfolded and shackled.

Welcome to the New World Order that George W. Bush and Ronald Reagan promised us.

Both were esteemed members of Bohemian Grove..............got to wonder what "God" they worshiped.

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 04:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by ofhumandescent
reply to post by Atzil321

It only took a little under 200 years for that quote to come true. Wish I could give you 500 stars for that post!

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 05:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Blackmarketeer

It only took 100, with the advent of the FED our fate was sealed.

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 06:09 PM
link   

I agree with you, we need to oust all these corrupt people from power, but the problem is that it is so ingrained into the system at this point that I'm afraid nothing short of a new revolution/civil war (really whats the difference?) could clean it out.

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 09:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Krazysh0t

I'm afraid you are right.

That and maybe some divine intervention.

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 05:03 AM
link   

Americans are told that “their” government cannot afford to help them because of the budget deficit and the burden on our grandchildren. But Americans see the trillions of dollars that are lavished on banksters, on wars, and on Homeland Security. Why is a police state and another attack on another Muslim country more important than keeping Americans in their jobs and in their homes?

Today moralizing is all about money, but not for the 99%. The 99% cannot find good jobs or earn anything on their savings, because the economy is run for the 1%. University graduates cannot get jobs and pay off their student loans. Retraining for the millions of Americans whose jobs were shipped offshore or filled by foreigners brought in on H1-B visas has proved to be a fraud, as there are no jobs for the retrained displaced long-term discouraged American work force. The official jobs projection by the US government is that few university graduates are needed in the work force, so the old mantra that “education is the answer” is just another lie from the Ivy League economic departments who sell the establishment’s lies for money.

Do not expect Congress or the presstitutes to do anything about the rapid concentration of power in the police state that Bush and Obama have created. Do not expect to be rescued by federal courts. Even if some judges are inclined to defend the Constitution from its domestic enemy, the courts are powerless if the executive branch does not respect the rule of law. Currently, the executive branch is ignoring a federal judge’s injunction against the indefinite detention of US citizens. The Department of Justice (sic) lawyers will not even answer the judge’s questions.

www.paulcraigroberts.org...

If only he felt this way when he had power in the Reagan admin

edit on 21-8-2012 by RealSpoke because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 05:55 AM
link   
I notice not many are touching this with a ten foot pole, because it includes "both parties" as being at fault.
There is no way to play the divide and conquer game off this one.

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 06:16 AM
link   
reply to post by jacobe001

Exactly, ATS has way too many political party cheerleaders, especially to be a conspiracy site

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 10:25 PM
link   
reply to post by GBP/JPY

Short and sweet with a bit of with.

With all the government contracts and money we are pouring into the military - war is big business.

Published on Mar 10, 2012 by dialplus War Good for Few, and Bad for Most. New York, NY, USA. March 10, 2012. Industry of the War: www.youtube.com... TRUTHFUL INFORMATION ON SYRIA: www.almanar.com.lb... DES INFORMATIONS VERIDIQUES SUR LA SYRIE: www.almanar.com.lb... INFORMACIÓN VERAZ SOBRE SIRIA: www.almanar.com.lb... Category: News & Politics

Uploaded by kronik193 on Oct 24, 2010 Our real enemies are not those living in a distant land whose names or policies we don't understand; The real enemy is a system that wages war when it's profitable, the CEOs who lay us off our jobs when it's profitable, the Insurance Companies who deny us Health care when it's profitable, the Banks who take away our homes when it's profitable. Our enemies are not several hundred thousands away. They are right here in front of us - Mike Prysne

Follow the money, do the research on who is profiting from the Middle Easter invasion.

Do the research as to how 9/11 was a false flag to manipulate people into handing over yet more of their freedoms as well as make the rich richer.....................simply put down your remote, ipods, video games and romance novels and start doing some hard nose research - follow the money, which companies have really made a bundle, how they are tied in with and bedfellows with our "leaders" and now we will hire other good old boy companies to "rebuild" the countries we have been bombing relentlessly for over a decade.

War, war and more war - never ending war and more babies either die or are left orphan.

What happened at Aurora (may God bless those poor victims and their families) now imagine that X's 100,000 for not only a few minutes but for over a decade.

Some children have known nothing but bombings, shootings and living in a war zone.

I do not agree with the Muslim religion, however we invaded for business reasons - PROFIT $$$$$$ under the guise of protecting ourselves.

BS, The whole lot of our leaders are feeding us buckets and buckets of BS - Most people that crave power are greedy psychopaths.
edit on 22-8-2012 by ofhumandescent because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 02:54 AM
link   

It is really pathetic and unacceptable.
Is it not?

Shameful mismanagement of Modern Society at its best.

Some folks , have seem to have forgotten about this......

gravestonegirls.com... S&F

edit on 23-8-2012 by Wildmanimal because: DooDad

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 10:24 AM
link   
The Oligarchy has an army of paid shills to skew public opinion to their way of thinking - which explains why this topic is completely ignored and buried.

SnF OP for posting, like you say, it needs to be read by all.

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 11:13 AM
link   
reply to post by jacobe001

MOO (My own opinion)................both parties work for the same "man".

They are both opposite sides to the exact same coin period.

We need some real changes.

Ervin Lazlo has a couple really good books out on those changes if anyone is interested in some good reading.

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 12:42 PM
link   
That old say of " voting for the lesser of two evils is still a vote for evil" is correct, trouble is, there is no third vote, so that helps the two evils no end.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join