It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is this sunset evidence of a hologram?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 09:52 AM
link   

Last week I took this photo from my back porch. The storm that preceded it was very dramatic with a double rainbow and sporting"6" shaped swirling clouds. I live in Arizona! Not complaining, but after taking a flight on a private plane yesterday I could see the desert is green and its late August. This photo, is to the east but it is during sunset which of course takes place to the west. The rays coming up look like the sun is actually rising.

Another thought with my open mind: we do live in a parallel universe and this is evidence of it? Look at youtube under sun ray phenomenon continues in Arizona. More people from the area have been seeing and filming this. Refer:[url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hr0AttWPlF8]

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 09:58 AM
link   
To make it short....no.

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 09:59 AM
link   
It's just the sun shining through clouds, hence the rainbow.

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 10:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Destiny10

That is a really nice picture of the sun coming through the clouds! Get to see a pretty rainbow also!!

Evidence of a sun hologram?? Not so much........

But pretty nonetheless!!

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 10:00 AM
link   
Is the heat it puts off holographic too?

I am kidding. It is a beautiful pic regardless. I don't buy into the whole sun/sky hologram thing just yet myself, but I could be wrong. It has been known to happen on occasion.

I guess the only thing you can do is just keep watching it. Air pollution can make some sunsets appear pretty wild. Some of the most beautiful sunsets I have seen, I have witnessed in high air pollution locales fwiw.

It is a great pic though.

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 10:04 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 10:16 AM
link   

I'll also go with no on that... but I'm interested in the strangeness of light rays in the sky. Here in Alberta, I frequently see the opposite of sunbeams... where on the other side of the sky (roughly where the sun came up however many hours before) it looks like there are lines of darkness coming up from the horizon shortly before sunset.

The sun causes some weird stuff, for sure.

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 10:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Destiny10

This photo, is to the east but it is during sunset which of course takes place to the west. The rays coming up look like the sun is actually rising.

ARefer:[url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hr0AttWPlF8]

Im not sure those reading actually caught that part. I for one have no clue...It must be the sun light coming from the west was stopped at that point and made a reflection appear to come from the east....

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 10:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Starwise

The Sun's rays can be reflected onto the opposite horizon to which it is setting.
However if this photograph is a natural phenomena it does not take away that Holographic Technology is highly advanced and has fooled many

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 10:49 AM
link   

I was thinking about this and I remember once seeing two lightsources behind the cloud cover, from opposite directions. One was the sun, the other, I don't know.

It was on a completely overcast day and it was pretty weird too.
edit on 20-8-2012 by Stonedhenge because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 10:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Stonedhenge

I was thinking about this and I remember once seeing two lightsources behind the cloud cover, from opposite directions. One was the sun, the other, I don't know.

NIBIRU!!!!!

oh, wait.

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 11:53 PM
link   
I dont know about the hologram thing, I do know after seeing your photo and that video I would love to go there with my cameras..

Why would you distract from the natural beauty of your skyscapes with the thoughts of holograms, or parallel universe.

Also since most of the country has been in a bad drought and Arizona is in a D2- Severe drought and alot of state is even in a D3 Extreme drought and has been since the spring, That has got to cause some strange weather occurances and cloud formations when moisture comes in.

Im not saying I dont believe in the parallel universe theory, I just dont think sun rays refracting off abnormal cloud formations is proof. I could be wrong

I like that you have a open mind though. That is a nice picture btw, take more pics if you see something like that again....S&F

edit on 21-8-2012 by ussoldier because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 07:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Awen24

Originally posted by Stonedhenge

NIBIRU!!!!!

oh, wait.

Really like your personal quote. No this pic is very strange. Look again. If you blow it up, you will see something to the top left of the photo. Look closely though.

Some other people have posted the same thing happening to them and have filmed it on youtube. It has been here in AZ that we've had the double sunset. Strange weather here too, lots and lots of rain. Not a problem with me though, we need it.

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 07:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by ussoldier
I dont know about the hologram thing, I do know after seeing your photo and that video I would love to go there with my cameras..

Why would you distract from the natural beauty of your skyscapes with the thoughts of holograms, or parallel universe.

Also since most of the country has been in a bad drought and Arizona is in a D2- Severe drought and alot of state is even in a D3 Extreme drought and has been since the spring, That has got to cause some strange weather occurances and cloud formations when moisture comes in.

Im not saying I dont believe in the parallel universe theory, I just dont think sun rays refracting off abnormal cloud formations is proof. I could be wrong

I like that you have a open mind though. That is a nice picture btw, take more pics if you see something like that again....S&F

edit on 21-8-2012 by ussoldier because: (no reason given)

edit on 04/18/2012 by Destiny10 because: full quote didn't appear

edit on 04/18/2012 by Destiny10 because: (no reason given)

I'll take more pics. The storm one week later was completely awesome too. Wish I had a photo of it but I was in a car. And yes, indeed I am thankful for the rain. How odd that desert is wet and swamp is dry. huh.

edit on 04/18/2012 by Destiny10 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 07:50 PM
link   

Thanks to everyone for comments on my mini article. It is my first. I have something else I am working on that will take more time. Meanwhile I am looking out for UFO's!

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 07:56 PM
link   
Sun beams will appear to converge on a point opposite the sun. This is due to perspective. To draw a comparison, imagine you are walking along railroad tracks. The two rails will appear to converge onto two points: one point in front of you, but turn around and they converge on a point behind you as well.

In case that hasn't cleared it up, maybe this will. Sun beams are parallel to each other.
edit on 23-8-2012 by Tearman because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 01:21 AM
link   
Sometimes the sunsets do look strange. Check this one we had a while back in Tucson.

A mountain to the west caused this unique shadow.

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 01:53 PM
link   
I also am in Arizona and have been noticing this for several weeks. I was schooled in recognizing light sources in art and lately Ive come to the conclusion that there is another light source other than our sun. The shadows dont line up with the suns position either..

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 02:31 PM
link   
reply to post by chardonnay

Another light source that isn't visible to anyone, but is leaving secondary shadows?

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 03:42 AM
link   
reply to post by gavron

It looks to be beneath the clouds on the eastern horizon when the sun is setting in the west

top topics

<<   2 >>

join