It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Disabled Pakistani girl may face death penalty for allegedly burning Koran

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 11:56 PM
link   
My god is better than yours

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 01:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Raelsatu

Can't believe that you still think that Muhammed was a pedophile.
www.muslim.org...
Here y'go.

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 01:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by RealSpoke
The US executes juveniles all the time

1944;

Current day;

All of the 22 executed individuals were males. Twenty-one of them were age 17 when the crime occurred; one, Sean Sellers (executed on February 4, 1999, in Oklahoma), was 16 years old when he murdered his mother, stepfather, and a store clerk.

en.wikipedia.org...

and the mentally retarded

[

We also sentence juveniles to life in prison

Lionel Tate, the 14-year-old boy who said he was imitating professional wrestlers when he killed his 6-year-old playmate, was sentenced today to life in prison without parole.

abcnews.go.com...
edit on 20-8-2012 by RealSpoke because: (no reason given)

They murdered someone. This girl ALLEGEDLY burnt a Quran! You are INSTRUCTED to burn anything which has Allah's name on it after you are done using it!

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 01:50 AM
link   
NIce thread, i like it how you stated as fact that she was caught burning the book, she wasn't. She was caught taking the trash out by a neighbour who phoned the police.

Let's look at some other possibilities seeming as though this is ATS. What if the girls parent's were the ones who burned the book. I can't see somone with a mental disability getting the idea to burn a koran. Why did she even have one? FFS.

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 02:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by pause4thought
reply to post by Firefly_

If anything happens to this girl then we should all burn a copy of the Koran in protest.

I disagree strongly. While I understand your anger I would certainly not condone such actions. Mutual respect is the only way forward, otherwise all you get is a spiral of violence.

I genuinely believe many Muslims would be horrified at the actions of extremist governments, communities and individuals. I think they should be supported, not alienated. There has to be a constructive way forward.

Yes we can tell this from the flood of Muslims who have written letters to the government urging them to stop
This is a reality with moderate Muslims who are a minority not a majority as they are looked at as less holy by the extreme Muslims and hold very little weight within their religious community. I'm sorry to say this but these are the same type of people who killed Mahatma Gandhi

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 02:42 AM
link   
reply to post by digital01anarchy

Mahatma Gandhi was killed by Hindu extremists. Are you suggesting that Hindu extremists want to kill this girl?

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 03:01 AM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

And for the person who said "we should burn korans in protest"... what is that going to do?
You are making the book mean something when it's just a book
In your own way you are giving the book more importance than the pakistanis are

Well I personally thought it was a decent idea because it will deter them from making harsh judgments against this girl. It's the threat of burning them that matters. If there's a threat like that swaying in the wind it might help convince them that this girl didn't really understand the implications and consequences of what she was doing. The act of burning more korans in protest isn't what matters... the threat is what matters.

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 03:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by RimDaas
reply to post by Raelsatu

Can't believe that you still think that Muhammed was a pedophile.

Stop listening to what Religion is telling you and believe the TRUTH...

Religion NEVER speaks the truth.

ISLAM IS A CULT NOT A RELIGION

Religions encourage a personal relationship with God and seek to increase understanding.

Islam insists only on absolute slavery.

Can children that repeat the Koran over and over and over again be really said to be getting wisdom?

No they are simply being brainwashed to the point where they cannot think or dare to criticise or simply question many of the contentious issues. They have spent their lives learning a book that they are not then about to reform or even question but simply parrot passages.

Another reason is that far from being a religion, they are really a highly motivated cult. Define a cult and you will be defining the traits of mohammedianism.

Basically all cults have total restrictions on everything you do, eat and how you dress. A cult has you making frequent repetitions as the dawn to dusk prayers five times a day forced on you. Cults are never tolerant. They regulate every aspect of life with beatings or worse for dissent. A cult tells you what God says or is like and discourages individual exploration. A cult says that only the leader (alive or dead as in mohammed's case) can have a personal relationship with God.

Whereas a religion promotes your understanding of God and encourages individual interaction with God, a cult says that this is impossible and you can only please God by doing what the leader tells you to do.

Islam is the biggest cult the world has ever seen.

ISLAM IS A CULT

The Characteristics of Cults
All false religions are illuminati created

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 03:04 AM
link   
Islam is disgusting sometimes, infact almost all religion preaches some violence. I am glad that atleast here in America we would not be considering killing a child for burning a book

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 03:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Murgatroid

The quotation you provided me with just looks at some aspects of Islam and describes them as aspects of a cult. You may think it's a cult and it's highly restrictive but I don't. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. Same can be said about a lot of other things.
By the way, next time, try to use some legitimate links instead of providing me with shady conspiracy sites which have no proof.
The Illuminati was set up in 1776 but created Islam?

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 04:08 AM
link   
reply to post by pause4thought

Hell, you know what..

I might just go out and buy a copy of the Koran and use it to wipe my butt..

I mean it has enough $#@% printed on it already, whats a little more.

edit on 8/21/2012 by Ironclad because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 04:10 AM
link   
Second coming of jesus (pbuh) - Which world is he appointed to save humanity?

'It really makes me think about becoming a Muslim'

'The call to prayer happens five times a day, and for the first week, it drives you crazy, and then it just gets into your spirit, and it's the most beautiful, beautiful thing,' he said. 'There are 4,000 mosques in the city. Some are just stunning, and it really makes me think about becoming a Muslim.

edit on 21-8-2012 by Zionism because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 04:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Zionism
'It really makes me think about becoming a Muslim'

yes and zionism wants to be thought ! let alone religion, humanity is lost ! and religion is to help us become a human, if it does not, there is something wrong here or there !

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 04:42 AM
link   
reply to post by RimDaas

thank you for your contribution, my brother radicalism is eating religions like a parasite. unfortunately we are witnessing that radicalism is growing in countries like Pakistan or Saudi arabia. and the odd point is that everywhere we see radicalism we see that USA is around there ! the truth is that USA mission is to grow radicalism hiddenly because they are it's allies and those are it's soldiers that go to Jihad in Syria for USA ! and those are going to Jihad in some neighbourhood countries to suiside bomb and serve their Bosses ! and again their media come and say, see muslims are killing eachother and Islam is an evil !
may God save us all and those that are struggling with radicalism and Nato.

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 04:49 AM
link   
a 12 yrs old girl burning a koran in public
sounds like a demonic possession to me
of course the girl is innocent and should face death
usualy we call these people mentaly ill
do any witness recall dilated pupils ?
it could also mean she was under heavy drug mk ultra type
but why burning the koran .. its more religious
and demons dont like religious items like the cross or bible and koran

we need to stay open minded on this case
maybe Bob Larson can help her out

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 04:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Samuelis

i like it how you stated as fact that she was caught burning the book, she wasn't.

Title: "...for allegedly burning Koran"

1st sentence of 1st post: "...charged with blasphemy in Pakistan after she reportedly burnt the pages of a Koran

1st sentence of my comments: "It is difficult to believe a child (aged around 11) with Downs Syndrome would carry out the alleged malicious act.

Followed shortly by: "It therefore seems the most likely hypothesis is a trumped up charge against a victim unable to answer for herself."

Come on, Samuelis, what on earth are you talking about?

Originally posted by digital01anarchy

Originally posted by pause4thought
reply to post by Firefly_

If anything happens to this girl then we should all burn a copy of the Koran in protest.

I disagree strongly. While I understand your anger I would certainly not condone such actions. Mutual respect is the only way forward, otherwise all you get is a spiral of violence.

I genuinely believe many Muslims would be horrified at the actions of extremist governments, communities and individuals. I think they should be supported, not alienated. There has to be a constructive way forward.

Yes we can tell this from the flood of Muslims who have written letters to the government urging them to stop
This is a reality with moderate Muslims who are a minority not a majority as they are looked at as less holy by the extreme Muslims and hold very little weight within their religious community. I'm sorry to say this but these are the same type of people who killed Mahatma Gandhi

While we perceive things a bit differently I think you are getting to the heart of a major issue: Where is the centre of gravity within the Muslim community? I would say that the majority of Muslim people in most countries follow the tenets of their faith without feeling the need to follow the interpretations given by violent extremists. But where religious leaders who promote extremist views come to the fore the majority are intimidated by threats of violence, and thereby silenced. (The examples given earlier of prominent figures in Pakistan who have spoken out against the Blasphemy Law, only to be killed as a result, surely gives food for thought.) Concerning your reference to violent mobs, I agree — it is a great evil. But many Muslims would also agree. The quiet majority of humane, peace loving (Muslim) individuals who are horrified by mob violence will not be encouraged to speak out if we tar them with the same brush as extremists!

What is happening in this shocking case needs a more careful response than reversion to stereotypes and claims that most Muslims are like this. They truly are not.

reply to post by RimDaas

This girl ALLEGEDLY burnt a Quran! You are INSTRUCTED to burn anything which has Allah's name on it after you are done using it!

That's very interesting. Where does this instruction come from? It wouldn't include the Quran, though, surely?

(It's worth noting that "Witnesses claim that Rimsha, daughter of Misrak Masih, burnt ten pages of the Noorani Qaida, an Islamic booklet used to learn basic Arabic and the Qur'an...", — quoted on p.1 — so perhaps the instruction you refer to is very relevant.)

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 04:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ben81
a 12 yrs old girl burning a koran in public
sounds like a demonic possession to me
of course the girl is innocent and should face death
usualy we call these people mentaly ill
do any witness recall dilated pupils ?
it could also mean she was under heavy drug mk ultra type
but why burning the koran .. its more religious
and demons dont like religious items like the cross or bible and koran

we need to stay open minded on this case
maybe Bob Larson can help her out

This girl was probably accused for personal reasons. Qurans CAN be burned. It is allowed. People are freaking out over nothing, and have been whipped into an onslaught by a crazed Mullah.
Pray for this girl, and pray for the extremism to die out.

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 04:59 AM
link   
reply to post by pause4thought

islam.about.com...

Unfortunately, I wasn't aware that burning the Quran was a last resort. But burning is allowed.

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 05:47 AM
link   
let's see....
mommy and daddy are tired of taking care of their disabled daughter and don't like the idea that she is gonna be with them the rest of their lives...
so, daddy gives the girl a few pages of the koran to go and start the cooking fire....
and well, invites the neighboring extremist over at just the right tijme to witness the event.....

not saying that this is how it happened, but well if it did happen this way.....
doesn't the koran teach that kids should obey their parents, or wives for that matter, christianity does!!!
so, well, who told the girl to build the fire?? did they also tell her to grab a couple books off the bottom shelf to use to start it??

did she know what she was burning???

na, that's too much to find out, let's just kill the poor girl and be done with it???

side question here....what do they do with all those korans after they have outworn their use?? do they have a mansion that they store them in, or is there a proper way to dispose of them???

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 05:54 AM
link   
reply to post by dawnstar

what do they do with all those korans after they have outworn their use?? do they have a mansion that they store them in, or is there a proper way to dispose of them???

That was answered by the post above yours.

As to the theory that the parents hatched a dastardly plan to get rid of their own daughter(!), it is alleged she was found in possession of a bag containing some singed pages of a child's textbook containing quotes from the Quran. It really is worth taking the time to read the posts, my friend!

reply to post by RimDaas

Pray for this girl, and pray for the extremism to die out.

Amen to that. Well said.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join