It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Aussie researchers rewrite Big Bang theory

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 27 2012 @ 07:55 PM
link   
reply to post by DARREN1976

Ah, here I am on familiar ground, your talking about the micrcosm universe reflecting the macrocosm!!

Interesting notion. Since logically, space is unbounded, then the Universe is truly infinite. And if infinite, then there is no end to it, it goes on forever (ever bigger). And then that must mean that the micro verse goes on forever too? That things get infinitely smaller too? WOW. Thats hard to "wrap" my mind around.

Must be, though.

posted on Sep, 1 2012 @ 08:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrptr

Ah, here I am on familiar ground, your talking about the micrcosm universe reflecting the macrocosm!!

Interesting notion. Since logically, space is unbounded, then the Universe is truly infinite. And if infinite, then there is no end to it, it goes on forever (ever bigger). And then that must mean that the micro verse goes on forever too? That things get infinitely smaller too? WOW. Thats hard to "wrap" my mind around.

Must be, though.

Well, yeh, it makes sense, the human mind loves a challenge and we are always looking for the next hurdle, things have been getting smaller and smaller all the time, down to quarks, quantum level, the higgs bosun, and if this new particle that has been found does turn out to be the god particle, then i guarantee that they come up with anoter physics theory that there is something smaller even than that, and i bet they find it eventually as well, as above, so below they say, so macrocosm reflects the microcosm, and so on add infinitum!!
PEACE!!

posted on Sep, 1 2012 @ 08:31 PM
link   

Hey DARREN1976. We just reinvented the Universe... you know that? Although noone else is listening we just shattered Humpty Dumpty's notion of the way things are. And all the kings horses and all the kings men...

So if the Universe is infinitely bigger and smaller then plotting that on a graph would look like this:

infinitely smaller-------------------------------Us------------------------------------infinitely bigger

That would put us right next to each other and smack dab in the middle of it all! Ain't life cool?

posted on Sep, 1 2012 @ 08:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrptr

Hey DARREN1976. We just reinvented the Universe... you know that? Although noone else is listening we just shattered Humpty Dumpty's notion of the way things are. And all the kings horses and all the kings men...

So if the Universe is infinitely bigger and smaller then plotting that on a graph would look like this:

infinitely smaller-------------------------------Us------------------------------------infinitely bigger

That would put us right next to each other and smack dab in the middle of it all! Ain't life cool?

You sir, are a sensible man who can think outside of the box, but without losing your head!! Theoreticaly, we are at the centre of the universe, and it doesnt matter where we place ourselves in the universe, we will always be at the centre!! If current models of the universe are correct, then it's true we are always at the centre, as the model is interpreted best as being like a baloon, we are expanding away from everything as the universe gets bigger, we are on the surface of this baloon like universe, and a baloon is round, so ergo...wherever you are on the surface of the "baloon" the your at the centre, relative to everything else, which is also at the centre as well!!! *MIND BOGGLING!*

PEACE!!

Thats probably why we can look 13. billion years in to the past in every direction, but apparently you can look furhter than 13.5 billion light years in to the distance but its late where i am and i cant be bothered explaining why, another time maybe...
edit on 1-9-2012 by DARREN1976 because: ammendment...

posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 12:30 PM
link   
Come on, nobody takes the Aussies seriously........do thay

posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 01:26 PM
link   

You sir, are a sensible man who can think outside of the box, but without losing your head!!

Ditto. Pleased to meet ya!

posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 10:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by DarthMuerte
Once again physics proves the Bible right.

Yeah, and yet no one mentioned this 2012 years ago. I wonder why that is?

You are trying to make the bible fit the interpretation of science, this is not hidden "knowledge" in the bible, it is you trying to make things apply. People from many different religions do the same with their holy books.

posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 10:56 PM
link   
Before everybody gets all excited about Planck scale quantization of space time, remember Mother Nature gets the deciding vote. And she doesn't get influenced by the super-PACs and their propaganda, she decides on her very own.

www.space.com...

Upshot: natural theories of quantized space time at Planck scale appear to be invalidated by observations, with completely smooth classical space-time the best explanation. The lack of any physical effect (spacetime is fundamentally 100% clear with no interacting physics for billion year old gamma rays) is a bound on all sorts of effects in various theories.

If it's upheld with significant more data, it will be a pretty giant blow to all the theoreticians on quantum gravity & fundamental space time theories, as attractive and advanced they are.

Remember that the Big Bang theory itself arose from an annoying and persistent experimental observation and was quite distressing originally to the theorists of the time. The name "Big Bang" was devised by a derisive critic as a name a toddler might call it.
edit on 2-9-2012 by mbkennel because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 10:58 PM
link   
please delete, accidental repost
edit on 2-9-2012 by mbkennel because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join