It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ancient Egyptian Link with Australia?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 27 2003 @ 05:32 AM
link   
I find it difficult to doubt that ancient mariners were able to circumnavigate the globe. Cultural similarities including obsession of pyramids, creation myths, flood stories etc. all seem to demonstrate this theory. I find the information and linked article very intersting and feel the evidence presented is difficult to dismiss. Consider the following:

Egyptian hieroglyphs found in New South Wales: There are at least 250 hieroglyphs. The hieroglyphs were extremely ancient, in the archaic style of the early dynasties.

The hieroglyphs tell the tale of early Egyptian explorers, injured and stranded, in ancient Australia. The discovery centres around a most unusual set of rock carvings found in the National Park forest of the Hunter Valley, 100 km north of Sydney. The enigmatic carvings have been part of the local folklore of the area for nearly a century with reports of people who sighted them as far back as the early 1900's.

The rock walls chronicle a tragic saga of ancient explorers shipwrecked in a strange and hostile land, and the untimely death of their royal leader, "Lord Djes-eb". A group of three cartouches (framed clusters of glyphs) record the name of "RA-JEDEF" as reigning King of the Upper and Lower Nile, and son of "KHUFU" who, in turn, is son of the King "SNEFERU". This dates the expedition just after the reign of King Khufu (known in the Greek as "Cheops" reputed builder of the Great Pyramid) somewhere between 1779 and 2748 BC.

According to Cairo Times, in 1982, archaeologists working at Fayum, near the Siwa Oasis uncovered fossils of kangaroos and other Australian marsupials. And there's also the strange set of golded boomerangs discovered by Prof. Carter in the tomb of Tutankhamen in 1922.

Article Link

posted on Apr, 27 2003 @ 05:33 AM
link   
if that is not a hoax...

i'd say

posted on Apr, 27 2003 @ 05:58 AM
link   
And once again, I find it rather hard to "deny" that it is infact truth.
Boy! I'm just full of words of wisdom here today!! ha ha!
Magestica

*I'm thinking I actually NEED coffee* for the brain is going in such a slow pace....hummm

posted on Apr, 27 2003 @ 06:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by deepwaters

the untimely death of their royal leader, "Lord Djes-eb". A group of three cartouches (framed clusters of glyphs) record the name of "RA-JEDEF" as reigning King of the Upper and Lower Nile,

So, it mean that a Pharao was leading that expedition.

I'm not surprised to know that Egyptians have *found* Australia before *us*, but I'm surprised that a Pharao was leading an expedition.
Very very interesting.....

It should be interesting to know if we found scriptures in Egypt who are speaking about this Pharao, his expedition, and why he left Egypt.

posted on Apr, 27 2003 @ 02:24 PM
link   
The ancient Egyptians traveled by boat to Australia and explored. Other ship wrecks have been found in the Barrier Reef - sailed by men from the European areas. I would assume most of them were explorers seeking to conquer new territory and great riches. Remember that they have also found caves with Egyptian glyphs in the Grand Canyon. They all seem to make reference on Thoth - Tehuti - and other Egyptian deities. Symbols representing the ancient Egyptian God 'Horus' are reportedly carved 60 feet up in a cliff. In Australia there are petroglyphs - rock art - with tales that go back to the beginnings of time.

Article Link

posted on Apr, 27 2003 @ 05:27 PM
link   
Very good link deepwaters. We even have a story about a so-called " phantom kangaroo ", with glowing eyes, and who's very agressive. CARAMBA !!! What a kangaroo !!!

I liked the part about 'Phantom Kangaroos'. Though there have been many witnesses - no one can explain what they are about.

It's hard to believe that Australian kangaroos could be hopping around all over the United States. But what's even harder to imagine is that these out-of-place marsupials appear to posses supernatural abilities as they rummage through the backyards of bewildered people in California, Illinois, Wisconsin, Tennessee, Minnesota, Oklahoma, Ohio, and Indiana, to name a few.

Phantom kangaroos have been spotted in a variety of urban and rural settings and are said to be particularly hostile. They are described to be 3.5 - 5.5 feet tall with glowing eyes and ghostly characteristics. They have been blamed for slaughtering numerous dogs, cats, rabbits, birds, and other small animals in areas with high kangaroo activity.

According to W. Haden Blackman's Field Guide to North American Monsters, the first reported phantom kangaroo sighting was on June 12, 1899 in Richmond, Wisconsin.

more : Link ( second half of the page )

posted on Apr, 27 2003 @ 05:44 PM
link   
Thats tight.

I believe that the world has been explored by ancient civilizations like the egyptians. As for finding hiroglyphics (possibly misspelled) in the grand canyon, WOW, to be blunt. It makes you wonder if The Egyptian empire once like The Roman, expanded to far for its own good and left its capital less defended???

[Edited on 5/5/2003 by FoxStriker]

posted on Apr, 30 2003 @ 12:48 AM
link   
egyptian artifacts have also been found in the Grand Canyon, supposedly in the area owned by the government. which means we can't actually go there to find out.

posted on May, 4 2003 @ 07:07 PM
link   
I've heard of egyptian artifacts being found in diffrent places around the world. Its interesting that a culture that old may have been to so many places. Thank you for the article.

posted on May, 5 2003 @ 12:06 PM
link   
"I'm not surprised to know that Egyptians have *found* Australia before *us*, but I'm surprised that a Pharao was leading an expedition. Very very interesting....."

Actually, the Pharoah could have been their sponsor, while the lord mentioned, was likely the expedition leader. Lucky for us they had scribes on board...remember, not everyone could read or write....in fact, few did....
But it is likely that they would have had at least one aboard, for documenting the expedition....

Interesting find.

top topics

join